Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Failed firmware update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first post after introducing myself. The upgrade failed on me twice. Has to take the car to the service center where they replaced a rear door sensor, even though both falcon doors functioned flawlessly. After that everything went well. Let us see if the next update will install without any issue.

Hi there, my problem is similar. For some reason they delivered my MX 100D mid October with
Firmware 17.26. The car never asked to update. I went to the still only and very small service center here in PORTUGAL and they manually uploaded the software 17.44 but when installing always gave me the error in the picture. They told me that the logs didn’t mention any problem or failure. Asked me to comeback next week and leave the car for a full they for them to solve the problem. The only difference now is that from time to time the yellow clock shows up for me to upgrade but it fails anyway. I wonder if it’s sensor related?

Attachments

• 6BB3D794-58B9-497A-8823-67C293748F85.jpeg
    6BB3D794-58B9-497A-8823-67C293748F85.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 102
Hi there, my problem is similar. For some reason they delivered my MX 100D mid October with
Firmware 17.26. The car never asked to update. I went to the still only and very small service center here in PORTUGAL and they manually uploaded the software 17.44 but when installing always gave me the error in the picture. They told me that the logs didn’t mention any problem or failure. Asked me to comeback next week and leave the car for a full they for them to solve the problem. The only difference now is that from time to time the yellow clock shows up for me to upgrade but it fails anyway. I wonder if it’s sensor related?

That is the exact error message I was getting before. They changed my sensors and updated the software to 17.44 but no OTA updates were published since. I don't know if everything is ok.

Been having updates issues as well on my MX. Didn't have any issues before, it was only for the latest update that the failure started. I believe its the update for "camper mode". Failed 3 times and decided to call Tesla. Was told that I need to bring it into the SC. Going in this Wednesday, will update here as to what they found.

Went to the Tesla Lawrence Service Centre on Wed Nov 8 at 8:15 am, only to be told once I got there that they do not have the parts to fix the issue. Apparently the parts that need to be replaced are capacity sensor under the flacon wing doors. I called them today to see if they have received the parts but apparently not and they don't have an ETA.

Update to my first message: Left the car at Tesla and they tried to update the firmware manu times without success. They said there is no error message for the sensors. They still don’t know what to do. I’m stuck on 17.26.
Any of you know how the technicians figured out it was about the door sensors?

Update to my first message: Left the car at Tesla and they tried to update the firmware manu times without success. They said there is no error message for the sensors. They still don’t know what to do. I’m stuck on 17.26.
Any of you know how the technicians figured out it was about the door sensors?

For me, they did not even look at my car, once I arrived at the service center they informed me right away that the capacity sensor under the fwd needs to be replaced in order for the update to go through. Unfortunately, they did not have the parts on hand and had to order them. I've been waiting for over 2 weeks now and they still do not have the part. I will update here once they do get the part and see if the update goes through.

It is weird that after changing your sensors they still cannot update you, which actually makes me worried that mine may not update once they change my sensors. Is your service center still working on your car? Or did they just give it back to you?

Finally got a a call from Tesla Service Center. Saying that the figured out the problem was the door sensors and that they have to replace them as they were blocking the firmware upgrade. They already have the replacing parts with them but due to heavy load of work they can only do it on December 19. Will let you know how it went after that.

Reactions: Shaz
I actually e-mailed my service center about the door sensor parts that I've been waiting for the past 3 weeks and they got back to me last night indicating that they expect the parts to come in next week. So I'm now scheduled for a December 8 service. They said it would take a whole day and will provide me with a replacement car for the day. I will update here once they change the sensor to see if the update goes through.

My SC said the parts for the door sensor have been on back order since November and it could be months. They said I would be notified but I haven't heard anything.

Sounds like you all are getting proper service from your SCs. Look like I need to escalate.