Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Warnings Immediately After Taking Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I just took delivery of our new Model X yesterday, and not ten minutes after we left the SC/Showroom, we were serenaded by a symphony of errors and lights.

Regenerative Braking Disabled
Automatic Emergency Braking Disabled
Park Assist Unavailable
Stability Control Disabled
ABS Needs Service
Traction Control Disabled

So we have an appointment with the SC tomorrow morning, but in the meantime, anyone know what this might be? I know there's a period of time before everything is calibrated and you can use AP. I did attempt to use TACC soon after we left, and the warnings came at that time, I believe.

I've read some similar threads here that suggest it could be a faulty ABS sensor, wiring crosstalk, etc.

We tried to pull over and reset the MCU, but they came back and stayed on the rest of the way home (about 65 miles). After getting on the road this morning, they started to disappear, but over the last 40 miles or so, they've been coming and going. That cycle has probably happened 5 or 6 times now.

It's distracting, because regenerative braking comes and goes with the warnings. Not to mention having to bring the car for service literally the first day we have it. :mad:

MVIMG_20180614_091020.jpg

Yeah, I’d bet it’s something loose or connected incorrectly too. Might help to call Tesla Service (they should have given you the 800 number at delivery...I don’t have it offhand). They can sometimes do things remotely that help, but obviously not if there is a physical problem.

Good luck! And just know that although many have had the occassional problem, outright lemons are rare. I think you’ll love the X!

• Helpful
Reactions: kak1154
[
What were the three visits for? I know your last one was FWD sensors and the AC, what about the first two?

First time was for a massive firmware bug. Towed back. New firmware fixed it after a week. Second time the auto tilt mirrors, lte, and gps stopped working. Again fixed with firmware. The browser and owners manual don’t work but I haven’t bothered with it.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
X100D. I had a faulty body control module, then a sensor issue that prevented updates from installing. Then the 12 v battery needed to be replaced. All over a span of 6 months. However, in each instance, supposedly it was a known issue and the replacement part was upgraded. So u may have those now (meaning the upgraded parts already).

And I'll add each time the SC was fantastic to deal with. Is what it is. Part of the experience. It's a very complicated vehicle and I'd buy it again tomorrow. I love my X100D.

X100D. I had a faulty body control module, then a sensor issue that prevented updates from installing. Then the 12 v battery needed to be replaced. All over a span of 6 months. However, in each instance, supposedly it was a known issue and the replacement part was upgraded. So u may have those now (meaning the upgraded parts already).

And I'll add each time the SC was fantastic to deal with. Is what it is. Part of the experience. It's a very complicated vehicle and I'd buy it again tomorrow. I love my X100D.

I would buy it again as well. Caveat being I will always make sure to have one covered with the warranty.

• Love
Reactions: 1375mlm
Look, I feel your pain and am totally understanding but...

Keep in mind our nearest service centre is 3400kms (2100 miles) away in Melbourne, where our car got pre-delivered.

Our "problems" started pre-delivery when Tesla withheld delivery to replace the battery "out of an abundance of caution". This held up delivery three weeks but Tesla air freighted a new battery to Australia to speed things up.

Then, after delivery, our air-con dumped all the refrigerant and Tesla had flown a tech across Australia to help us early adopters (July 2017) with service and it was fixed in a day. We still don't have a service centre and only one supercharger in a state 12 times the size of Utah, or three times the size of Texas. A little context for the US centric amongst you ;)

Yes, unfortunately, the list goes on and to say I've been disappointed a little would be fair.

But, I knew what I was buying in to, eyes wide open. We signed up "for the journey' and try to be constructive and help Tesla get better. This is a ten year old company making a totally new, superior product, in a market dominated by century old legacy players.

Not once has the car ever stopped and let us down. We are a week away from being the first Model X to drive across Australia, with spartan charging opportunities, and as a family, are looking forward to the adventure. Follow us on Twitter @Jays200

Yeah I'm a 50 year old fan boy and we're in to Tesla deep but Musky is the man.

Chin up, persevere and enjoy. Tesla service has it's faults but they have stepped up and gone beyond in our experiences. I expect that to continue.

Thanks for the replies, folks. Just dropped it off at the SC, and you're right @Jays200, we're lucky to have one so close. Anyway, at least they had a Tesla loaner for us, so we get to try out the S100D for a bit. I'll update as I find out more.

Thanks for the replies, folks. Just dropped it off at the SC, and you're right @Jays200, we're lucky to have one so close. Anyway, at least they had a Tesla loaner for us, so we get to try out the S100D for a bit. I'll update as I find out more.
Sorry to hear you had issues so early, but it's good to stay positive like you are! It's the only way to get through life!! The SC has always taken care of us - we usually end up having a ranger come or it gets flat bedded to the SC, but if I'm in the area and have a minor issue, I try to see if I can take it in - don't want the company going bankrupt by continually sending a ranger every single time I have a little issue. If it doesn't affect my driving ability, I let them know and then let go with the flow. It *has* been nice when I have been able to check out other configurations and battery sizes since we have the older 7 seat configuration 75D though.