Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: Most Cybertruck Production Delayed Into 2024

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

What do you use to clean/care for stainless steel?​

Most owners use soap and water to wash the car, and a final polish with stainless steel cleaners (used for appliances). Others use glass cleaners for a healthy shine. Minor scratches and scrapes can be removed with a scotchbrite pad (NEVER steel wool).

Maintenance​

No special care is needed in keeping the body looking beautiful. It is maintained about the same way you clean your stainless kitchen sink. Minor scratches and scuff marks are readily removed with a "Scotchbrite" pad by rubbing with the original grain of the panels. The only precaution is to minimize any rubbing across the grain of the panels as this may scuff them. The best advice to keep the stainless steel in good condition is to keep your DeLorean clean and avoid using metal abrasives when rubbing out scuff marks. The owners manual advises "Wash panels with warm water and low suds detergent. Stains of tar or grease may be removed with gasoline or white mineral spirits."

Reactions: FLRifleman
With preproduction testing, towing tests, Offroad testing and cold weather testing along with working out the kinks in production I'm thinking end of 2024 for full production. That is if they don't have to make design changes for interior or exterior parts.
Or Tesla just gets these out the door asap and does that testing later and makes future improvements on the fly. Haha.

In all seriousness I agree, there are a lot of things that need to happen before first deliveries. I’m hoping for mid summer, but realistically thinking October or November for actual first deliveries.

Reactions: scottf200
With preproduction testing, towing tests, Offroad testing and cold weather testing along with working out the kinks in production I'm thinking end of 2024 for full production. That is if they don't have to make design changes for interior or exterior parts.
I assumed towing, off-road, cold weather testing would have been done in preproduction testing. The kinks in production part is what really interests me. Everyone is so focused on the Giga casting and have completely ignored stainless steel bending. This stuff is so hard that they have to score it to make bends. Someone (Connecting the Dots or the Limiting Factor) also pointed out that spring back will be one of the issues to address in production. Also I remember someone mentioning that the prototype display had welded seams (not bent) during a tour at the Peterson Museum. Anyway I wonder if working stainless steel will be a problem.