Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must-have Aftermarket Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's what I got on my MS.

Aftermarket:
  • Opticoat (entire car and wheels)
  • Tint
  • Xpel full front
Tesla products:
  • All weather floor mats (which I hear have been redesigned and improved--I have the classic ones)
  • Tire repair kit/compressor
  • Silcon key fob (the abstract ocean ones are the best)
  • Screen protector (abstract ocean)
  • Chademo adaptor
  • Dual chargers (which doesn't apply anymore)

Hi Tao
Can you point a link to the foamer that you use?

Sure - here's the one I chose: Shop Foam-On 2 - 9281779 by I.C.E. in Foamers -Pump Foamer - Only $125.98

It has held up well for over a year now. Highly recommend Prima Hydro Wash (1/2 oz to a gallon of distilled) to go with. As an aside, Prima Hydro Wash has no polymers, and it smells great. You'll need a bottle and a half a year (16oz size - I haven't found larger). It is intended as a prep for Prima Hydro Seal, but if you've got Opti-Coat Pro, then nevermind the Hydro Seal.

After that and an optional oblique rinse from a manual car wash wand, fill a bucket of water and ONR (Optimum No Rinse) and you're good to go for wiping and drying each panel. Get the blue if you plan to Opti-Coat Pro or the green (which has wax) if you don't. Consider a gallon, which at 1 ounce to 2.5-3 gallons of water every 2 weeks will last you 5 years for $40 (Amazon).

Tangentially, am still looking for a stellar glass product. I use GlassWow, diluted 8:1, but it's no longer available, so once it's gone it's gone.

Sure - here's the one I chose: Shop Foam-On 2 - 9281779 by I.C.E. in Foamers -Pump Foamer - Only $125.98

It has held up well for over a year now. Highly recommend Prima Hydro Wash (1/2 oz to a gallon of distilled) to go with. As an aside, Prima Hydro Wash has no polymers, and it smells great. You'll need a bottle and a half a year (16oz size - I haven't found larger). It is intended as a prep for Prima Hydro Seal, but if you've got Opti-Coat Pro, then nevermind the Hydro Seal.

After that and an optional oblique rinse from a manual car wash wand, fill a bucket of water and ONR (Optimum No Rinse) and you're good to go for wiping and drying each panel. Get the blue if you plan to Opti-Coat Pro or the green (which has wax) if you don't. Consider a gallon, which at 1 ounce to 2.5-3 gallons of water every 2 weeks will last you 5 years for $40 (Amazon).

Tangentially, am still looking for a stellar glass product. I use GlassWow, diluted 8:1, but it's no longer available, so once it's gone it's gone.

Thanks for the detailed reply. Will take a closer look...

Thanks for the detailed reply. Will take a closer look...

You're welcome. Coincidentally I did learn one more thing - in my search for a best in class interim detail liquid (suitable for the removal of airborne presents and such in between washes), I found that a preparation of 8:1 water to ONR is used. That's a tad stronger than what one uses for wiping and rinsing - I've repurposed the spray bottle from the last pint of detail spray left over from the last car... Mothers or Meguires iirc. So that gallon of ONR may now last only 4.5 years instead of 5 :).

I really dislike the fact that Tesla refuses to allow the DSC to be deactivated. My A4, like almost every other premium performance car, has a button to completely defeat it. They should at bare minimum give us a decent "sport" mode that allows a good degree of drift before intervening.So if that doesn't change, here's hoping some enterprising tuning company comes up with a hack for it. I'll be waiting, cash in hand.
I'll also be in the market for an auxiliary rally light solution, but me thinks that part will need to be home-engineered. It's going to be fun figuring out how to do that without screwing anything into that vast expanse of smooth blank canvas up front...

I've been very happy with a commercial manual foamer to assist in washing the car every couple of weeks. A 2-gallon foamer, 1 gallon of distilled water, and a half-ounce of Prima Hydrowash is a wonderful thing. Travels well with a couple of collapsible canvas buckets and all the various lotions and potions and microfiber towels and such.

Best 2 hours a month I spend. Yep - got it down to less than an hour every 2 weeks to foam, rinse, wipe, and dry each panel of the car. Then during alternate weeks, another hour is spent (as needed) for glass, plastic trim, leather, wood, and various black surfaces.

Otherwise, see my sig for what aftermarket investments I thought were worth the money and then some.

If I lived in snow/slush/grime country, I might feel differently. But here in SoCal, we like pristine rides, and there's really no excuse not to have one.
Do you have pics of fridge and espresso machine?? Sounds like a perfect mobile office

Do you have pics of fridge and espresso machine?? Sounds like a perfect mobile office

Sure - that's partly why I decided to add them. Bear with me - I have a feeling this answer won't be short, as there are a few details to bear in mind which if addressed up front will save post-sale effort/discovery:

ENGEL 40qt. Portable Refrigerator/Freezer | West Marine

Do note that the one negative review at the site above is completely full of shite - not only is the unit quiet but it uses less than 1kW/day. I did buy the insulated cover for it and do have tinted windows, but still - it stays cold day in and day out at 37 degrees and that's only because bottled water will freeze at 34F as one side of the unit is slightly cooler than the other. Do also note that as it sits, it will either function as a fridge *or* as a freezer but not both simultaneously. For that, one should have a Model X that would accommodate the next size up (60 qt?) which *does* include both in the same box. I didn't particularly need a 45qt fridge, but the thing about Engels is that they all have the one moving part, and for the most part, are within $50-$100 of each other - so you end up getting whatever size makes sense. In my case, the marine version also made sense - otherwise I believe all of the others, except maybe the smallest one (17qt) are sided with steel rather than plastic.

I bought mine from West Marine because of the availability of extended warranty - which I rarely buy in general but in this case, it was a small cost relative to the entire installation, and I wasn't sure how the daily jostling would go over. Even though long-range truckers have used these for years. It's possible that a SquareTrade warranty might cover the unit from Amazon, but I have no actual idea. It's held up just fine for about a year now - again, there's just one moving part. If it does soil the sheets as it were, you also would have to potentially ship it to Florida, whereas with the West Marine extended warranty, you just walk in and swap it at any West Marine store (in fairness, they would probably have to order one unless you get lucky and there's one at a nearby distribution center/warehouse).

A remote temperature monitor (several available from Amazon) has proven very handy - just keep it up front. Once, Service accidentally ran over the 12V lead with the seat rail (shorting out the connection) and I wouldn't have noticed had the temperature monitor not spiked. Competent installation of that 12V hardwiring is helpful, btw as it makes fuse replacement really easy. Can't use the console 12V as it is switched and will shut off when the car does 30 minutes after one leaves the car. I can't remember if camping mode obviates this - probably does - but therein lies a fork in the road - if for a mobile office, then it's better if it remains 24/7.

Ese or ground coffee espresso machine for the car - Handpresso

As for the espresso maker, just ensure that it's the *Auto* model, *which can accommodate your own coffee* instead of having to rely upon pre-packaged pods. I do recommend getting another half-dozen of the reusable "autopods" directly from the company in France, so that way you only have to prepare them weekly (comes with 1, so 1+6 = 7 - one for each day of the week, and one will produce a double shot without repacking). I found the company's customer service to be excellent when ordering direct, and the shipping was fast as well.

Both are probably available at/via Amazon - haven't checked lately. I did order the main unit via Amazon, but would order direct if I did it again.

Don't forget the double-walled glass espresso cups.

• Love
Reactions: AlanSqB and Chewy3
-L.E.D. Bar light.
-The hanging balls sack in the rear bumper.
-Train Horn.
-Fire extinguisher on the pillar.
-Dragon sticker on the sides.
-A few chinese letters.
-Some stick on pearls on the fenders, like Buick.

All of this, plus the stick figure family of myself, the wife, and our 2 dogs, all as Star Wars characters.

and a "My other ride is a Falcon 9" bumper sticker.