Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must-have Aftermarket Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After market sound system. I'll research when it's time.
Maybe wheels.......depends on how much I like the ones that come with the 3
Tinting
Dash-cam
Waze app :) Love it!
Possibly interior carbon fiber.
Cell phone holder? Or will we have tiny chips in our head as a phone by the time this car comes out

Sure - that's partly why I decided to add them. Bear with me - I have a feeling this answer won't be short, as there are a few details to bear in mind which if addressed up front will save post-sale effort/discovery:

ENGEL 40qt. Portable Refrigerator/Freezer | West Marine

Do note that the one negative review at the site above is completely full of shite - not only is the unit quiet but it uses less than 1kW/day. I did buy the insulated cover for it and do have tinted windows, but still - it stays cold day in and day out at 37 degrees and that's only because bottled water will freeze at 34F as one side of the unit is slightly cooler than the other. Do also note that as it sits, it will either function as a fridge *or* as a freezer but not both simultaneously. For that, one should have a Model X that would accommodate the next size up (60 qt?) which *does* include both in the same box. I didn't particularly need a 45qt fridge, but the thing about Engels is that they all have the one moving part, and for the most part, are within $50-$100 of each other - so you end up getting whatever size makes sense. In my case, the marine version also made sense - otherwise I believe all of the others, except maybe the smallest one (17qt) are sided with steel rather than plastic.

I bought mine from West Marine because of the availability of extended warranty - which I rarely buy in general but in this case, it was a small cost relative to the entire installation, and I wasn't sure how the daily jostling would go over. Even though long-range truckers have used these for years. It's possible that a SquareTrade warranty might cover the unit from Amazon, but I have no actual idea. It's held up just fine for about a year now - again, there's just one moving part. If it does soil the sheets as it were, you also would have to potentially ship it to Florida, whereas with the West Marine extended warranty, you just walk in and swap it at any West Marine store (in fairness, they would probably have to order one unless you get lucky and there's one at a nearby distribution center/warehouse).

A remote temperature monitor (several available from Amazon) has proven very handy - just keep it up front. Once, Service accidentally ran over the 12V lead with the seat rail (shorting out the connection) and I wouldn't have noticed had the temperature monitor not spiked. Competent installation of that 12V hardwiring is helpful, btw as it makes fuse replacement really easy. Can't use the console 12V as it is switched and will shut off when the car does 30 minutes after one leaves the car. I can't remember if camping mode obviates this - probably does - but therein lies a fork in the road - if for a mobile office, then it's better if it remains 24/7.

Ese or ground coffee espresso machine for the car - Handpresso

As for the espresso maker, just ensure that it's the *Auto* model, *which can accommodate your own coffee* instead of having to rely upon pre-packaged pods. I do recommend getting another half-dozen of the reusable "autopods" directly from the company in France, so that way you only have to prepare them weekly (comes with 1, so 1+6 = 7 - one for each day of the week, and one will produce a double shot without repacking). I found the company's customer service to be excellent when ordering direct, and the shipping was fast as well.

Both are probably available at/via Amazon - haven't checked lately. I did order the main unit via Amazon, but would order direct if I did it again.

Don't forget the double-walled glass espresso cups.
Where do you put the ENGEL Refrigerator?

Decided to revive this thread rather than start a new one...
Considering :
  • XPEL full frontal clear bra
  • All season floor mats (Tesla or weathertech brands?)
  • Aero cover delete
  • 15" screen protector
  • HPWC
  • Probably skip ceramic coatings, just use Optimum car wax
  • Future upgrades to consider :
    • Brake caliper paint /wrap
    • Carbon fiber dash?
    • Dashcam if Elon does not come through
    • Wheel color change / upgrade
    • ?

Last edited:
Where do you put the ENGEL Refrigerator?

Directly aft. Fits perfectly under the parcel shelf. Been running strong for 2.5 years plus. Maintains temperature within a degree.

It will also fit upon the folded down rear passenger side seat. Easier access aft, however.

If you have an X, consider the next size up (60 quart) in order to have both refrigerator and freezer compartments.

With the 45-quart size (the largest that makes practical sense in an S), you get either but not both at the same time. Easy problem to work around, though. If I needed freezer space for, say, some quantity of acquired elk steaks or lobster or salmon fillets or the list goes on, I'd use the Engel for that and acquire a smaller Yeti cooler and some combination of ice and ice substitutes to serve as a fridge for the 1-2 week trip home.

Reactions: AlanSqB
I would be interested in everything handling. Sway bars, end links, bushings, coilovers, tower braces, frame braces. I want this thing to take corner on rails.
If the 3 handles anything like the S, you won't need any of that like you would normally. With the battery pack down low, the vertical center of gravity is quite low and the battery pack also acts as structural member so chassis is pretty stiff.

I was thinking of Xpel stealth all over to give the blue color a frosty look, but the past couple of days I’ve been looking at some Avery film and it’s impressive stuff.

Chrome delete. Burn ALL the chrome. I hate it so much.

Weathertec mats because Colorado.

Probably no snow tires this year. Still going to take the truck for ski trips...for now.

New set of driving gloves because no heated steering wheel.

9W04_web.jpg.jpg
I'm going to have to pick up one of these set-ups, as I'll never pull into another gas station again!

View attachment 248698 I'm going to have to pick up one of these set-ups, as I'll never pull into another gas station again!

This is one thing I miss about stopping at the gas station. I commute a LOT so my windshield gets quite nasty quickly. I used to use these every 2 days when I had to stop to refill the tank. Now I have none and my wipers need to make up for it. Tesla should put these at their supercharger locations.

Have gone through easily 3x the wiper fluid with Tesla's than with other cars. Different wipers made little difference, and the jet/nozzle changes over time haven't helped - especially the top 1/3 of the windshield, and of course for half of the front passenger's view.

So now I travel with a microfiber towel and a repurposed pint spray bottle with a mixture of water and ONR Blue (Optimum No-Rinse without wax) @ 7:1. Works well as an interim detailer as well as for glass. Often in farm country, I find myself cleaning the windshield at least at every other SC stop if not every one.

I also spike the wiper fluid with RainX concentrate.

Next up will be to coat the front end prior to road trips with Nu Finish or similar to make the removal of bug carcasses the first time less onerous.

• Informative
Reactions: Topher
I'm in ohio too. Do you know of any places that wraps Tesla's?
Not yet, but I haven't really started looking either. There is an installer locator on the Xpell site and probably on the other manufacturers as well. My plan, for now, is to see if there are some people that get it done in the area before I get mine (late winter hopefully) and then see how their experience was.

I was thinking of Xpel stealth all over to give the blue color a frosty look, but the past couple of days I’ve been looking at some Avery film and it’s impressive stuff.

Gahh ... I thought I had settled this and was going to get the midnight sliver and PPF, now you had to go an make me look at the Avery stuff... I can get the base black and apply the $1,000 to a wrap in my choice of color. I guess my biggest concern is that the Avery stuff is less than half the thickness of the Xpell. I'll have to do some research into cost differences and durability now ....

• Informative
Not yet, but I haven't really started looking either. There is an installer locator on the Xpell site and probably on the other manufacturers as well. My plan, for now, is to see if there are some people that get it done in the area before I get mine (late winter hopefully) and then see how their experience was.

I'm planning on doing base black and doing stealth xpel over it. There is a local place in the area called Performance Auto that does xpel supposedly has good quality but I am pretty much open to driving anywhere to get it in ohio or near by state. What do you think the cost is in ohio?

I'm planning on doing base black and doing stealth xpel over it. There is a local place in the area called Performance Auto that does xpel supposedly has good quality but I am pretty much open to driving anywhere to get it in ohio or near by state. What do you think the cost is in ohio?

No idea on cost, I'm hoping in the $4,000 - $5,000 range. I'd be willing to travel a little bit for it but not too much since I figure I'd have to leave it there and then go back and pick it up.