Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2012 Model S P85 Signature CPO Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who specifically did you ask about this?

If you ask your CPO advisor, the answer will be a quick no. However, if you can get in touch with reconditioning service center, you can ask and they might or might not do it.

I was an existing Tesla owner when I bought the Sig CPO and already knew some of the staff. I'm not sure if that helped, but I knew of a few people whom I could contact. They were nice enough to do what they could for me. I did pay for the LTE, but they considered the other items as part of the reconditioning process.

YMMV.

Good luck and congrats!

Oh - and if you're getting a Sig Red, you don't want Red Brake Calipers. The reds won't match and it'll look funny.

If you ask your CPO advisor, the answer will be a quick no. However, if you can get in touch with reconditioning service center, you can ask and they might or might not do it.

I was an existing Tesla owner when I bought the Sig CPO and already knew some of the staff. I'm not sure if that helped, but I knew of a few people whom I could contact. They were nice enough to do what they could for me. I did pay for the LTE, but they considered the other items as part of the reconditioning process.

YMMV.

Good luck and congrats!

Oh - and if you're getting a Sig Red, you don't want Red Brake Calipers. The reds won't match and it'll look funny.

Got it. This one is Pearl White. Also, what is TMPS?

Congrats on ordering a Sig! I had an early 2012 P85 fake Sig, meaning a production VIN with Sig nose cone and badging, that's the way it came from the factory. Man, do I miss that car!

Now I have a Facelift MS.
Here are the things I missed with the old and like with the new car.

Power folding mirrors - Annoying, I turned off the feature
3G to 4G LTE - Yes! big improvement!
Center console - I don't like. My phone has a case so it won't charge in the console anyway. The rest of the console is a joke.
Old Carbon Yacht floor - Loved it and miss it! Perfect for that last bag on ski trips when the car was filled to the brim with people and gear.
Big frunk - Loved it and miss it.
New fascia - I like the new better.
Early car/Signature look - People often came up and admired it when I parked, that was fun
Parking sensors - nah, since they don't see curbs you can't rely on them anyway

Last edited:
Who specifically did you ask about
Thank you sir.

For anyone following this thread, my owner-advisor informed me that I cannot have any upgrades applied to the car until after I've officially taken possession of the vehicle since that is when all the paperwork is finalized.

However, this is the list of items he mentioned I could get updated on a 2012 P85 that is lacking any of the below items:

Power folding mirrors - I want these.
3G to 4G LTE - I'll probably get this.
Center console - I'm not sure yet.
Carbon fiber spoiler - Already installed.
Fog lamps - Already installed.
Red brake calipers - I'm not sure if they're installed. If not, I want these.
Performance pedals - I'm not sure if they're installed. I could care less.
Other items found here: Tesla | Model S - I want the all weather mats from frunk to trunk.

Folding mirrors ~2500
TPMS upgrade ~1000
LTE ~500
Center console ~600-1200
Red brake calipers ~2300....and yes, they still look awesome with the Sig red color

YMMV.

Good luck and congrats!

Now I have to figure out how to reach someone at the reconditioning service center in Fremont; thanks for that.

Congrats on ordering a Sig! I had an early 2012 P85 fake Sig, meaning a production VIN with Sig nose cone and badging, that's the way it came from the factory. Man, do I miss that car!

Now I have a Facelift MS.
Here are the things I missed with the old and like with the new car.

Power folding mirrors - Annoying, I turned off the feature
3G to 4G LTE - Yes! big improvement!
Center console - I don't like. My phone has a case so it won't charge in the console anyway. The rest of the console is a joke.
Old Carbon Yacht floor - Loved it and miss it! Perfect for that last bag on ski trips when the car was filled to the brim with people and gear.
Big frunk - Loved it and miss it.
New fascia - I like the new better.
Early car/Signature look - People often came up and admired it when I parked, that was fun
Parking sensors - nah, since they don't see curbs you can't rely on them anyway

This was super helpful, thanks for sharing your perspective.

Folding mirrors ~2500
TPMS upgrade ~1000
LTE ~500
Center console ~600-1200
Red brake calipers ~2300....and yes, they still look awesome with the Sig red color

Exactly the kind of insight I was looking for, so thanks.

At this point, I'm for sure going to do the following:

- LTE Upgrade
- TPMS Upgrade
- Red Calipers... if they aren't already on the car.