Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car was "keyed" :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Filter

MS LR Blue/White
Jun 2, 2015
United States
I came out after a long day of work to a series of deep scratches on the driver side of my 4 month old Model S.

I'm a generally mild mannered man, but it really bothered me more than I would have anticipated. Why would someone purposely damage something for no reason?

My son and I bond over my car, and since I have had it we have washed it and enjoyed it together. He loves summon and autopilot. I worked hard to buy it.

It just made me sad, more so than an accident, since those horrible events are unintentional.

I know that far worse things have happened to many people. I just am venting here since I know many of you will understand. My wife thinks I'm silly to care..

If anyone has body shop suggestions in Long island, NY please let me know.

Thank you all for putting up with this whiny post.

Obviously someone's jealousy boiled over. I get it, you have an awesome (read: the best) car, and some people just can't be happy for the success of others. I'm paranoid about that kind of stuff so I'm not really telling anyone that I bought a new car. I had been on the fence about dashcams, but I've read enough now. Getting a Blackvue!

Whoever this person is thinks they got away with it, but don't worry, the universe will equal it out for you. Don't waste any more of your thoughts.

Newsflash: There is a backlash against conspicuous consumption of wealth. Have you missed occupy Wall Street and other movements?

No surprise here.
It will get much worse before it will get better

Cars here are getting keyed for not having a front license plate (which is required). Something about the entitlement of feeling the rules don't apply to them.

I came out after a long day of work to a series of deep scratches on the driver side of my 4 month old Model S.

I'm a generally mild mannered man, but it really bothered me more than I would have anticipated. Why would someone purposely damage something for no reason?

My son and I bond over my car, and since I have had it we have washed it and enjoyed it together. He loves summon and autopilot. I worked hard to buy it.

It just made me sad, more so than an accident, since those horrible events are unintentional.

I know that far worse things have happened to many people. I just am venting here since I know many of you will understand. My wife thinks I'm silly to care..

If anyone has body shop suggestions in Long island, NY please let me know.

Thank you all for putting up with this whiny post.

I did not want to experience the sadness that you express knowing that there could be the possibility that someone would do that to my MX. I didn't want to worry about it so I had my car wrapped shortly after delivery. Although they could do other damages I felt more at ease driving and enjoying the car like I intended to do so.

Reactions: Vern Padgett
Newsflash: There is a backlash against conspicuous consumption of wealth. Have you missed occupy Wall Street and other movements?

No surprise here.
It will get much worse before it will get better

Cars here are getting keyed for not having a front license plate (which is required). Something about the entitlement of feeling the rules don't apply to them.

Drivin,

I have seen it, but it still saddens me.
I'm definitely not a Titan of industry, just a hard working guy.

My car was parked far from the entrance of my work, and I am pretty lame so it has a front plate and nothing else aftermarket. There were other nice cars in the lot, some more expensive than mine. I think the "tesla" brand is a part of it, which is really unfortunate. To me it represents technology and the future of transport, not luxury. But clearly, others don't view it that way.

Anyway, I appreciate the comments.
I have never wrapped a car before, but I'll consider it.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Some dashcams use only the accelerometers to determine motion to record while parked, but others also do motion detection within the visual field. The BlackVue will do this, and if the perpetrator had been in front of or behind the car, it would have recorded.

Definitely go get the dashcam ... best investment you can make.