Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO buying experience timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013: first time I rode in a Tesla. Knew right then I wanted one... badly
11/7 Noticed a sweet deal on a 2015 70D MS and asks to be contacted
11/8 7am Get contacted back by an advisor, car is long gone. Asks me what I'm looking car. I answer with my wish list.
11/8 4pm Get contacted again by advisor with a match. After a nice phone call during which he answered all my questions, I put down my $1000 on a 2014 MS 85 with AP1. Apparently, I'm lucky and it should be a 3-4 weeks wait. Let's see how the rest goes.

Well 8 days later, car is ready. Scheduling delivery for next week! Must be a new record.

Reactions: Gt1948 and Olds442
Obligatory delivery picture.

Attachments

• 20171122_172503_HDR.jpg
    20171122_172503_HDR.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 101
Congrats! Was the car local to you, or did it travel from another city? I wonder if the shockingly low number of CPO cars listed/available over the past 3 weeks sped things up for you. I placed my order two weeks ago, this wait is killing me! Congrats on your car, looks great!

Car was in LA and I am in Fremont. Car was ready to deliver in 8 or 9 days, apparently because it did not need much reconditioning.

Car was in LA and I am in Fremont. Car was ready to deliver in 8 or 9 days, apparently because it did not need much reconditioning.

This fairs well for my case as well. My car is also coming out of LA, so hopefully they are quick. It's a 4th quarter 2014 w/ 24,000 miles on it, so I'm hoping it's good to go. I'm in Portland, so it's a further transport, but shouldn't be too bad. Fingers crossed it hits next week! (I'm at 2 weeks today).

Obligatory delivery picture.

looks great! congats!

i'm at 4 weeks (oct 30) and my car had to go LA to Chicago, and probably needed more reconditioning than most (59K miles, early 2013). but she did call to say it's going to be earlier than the 6 weeks we originally projected. there are a lot fewer available now so maybe that helped move it along.

Reactions: Zorg and thegooch49
Just an FYI for anyone in the CPO Model S market, There are currently 1,402 listings on the EV-CPO site. That's more than I personally have ever seen. Many examples would be considered steals priced well below 40K Even a few Signature cars showed up. I wonder if they (or the majority at least) are being traded for Model 3's ??

But below 40k for an MS even with heavy wear and tear, that is a steal. I bought a CPO 1.5 years ago and when I picked it up, I didn't think it was my car - it looked and felt brand new. I don't know if they do it anymore, but when you bought a CPO, it was refurbished so much that the car was practically brand new. They would replace drive units, hoods, bumpers, even whole batteries if needed before you even lay eyes on the car.

Last edited:
But below 40k for an MS even with heavy wear and tear, that is a steal. I bought a CPO 1.5 years ago and when I picked it up, I didn't think it was my car - it looked and felt brand new. I don't know if they do it anymore, but when you bought a CPO, it was refurbished so much that the car was practically brand new. They would replace drive units, hoods, bumpers, even whole batteries if needed before you even lay eyes on the car.

What he said! ^^^