Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My estimated delivery date disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So did you get the car yet or even a vin yet I ordered on April 20 and I’m having the same issue it said June 13 -30 but now it says September
I got the pop up asking me to accept a car without radar so I emailed that I’d like to wait a few weeks and see if the promised SW update fixed stuff. I am now listed as on hold until July 5. So I suppose that could turn into Sept. who knows.

How many of you got their Tesla’s delivered? And when did you order?
I have the same issue, I ordered 1st June, EDD was dancing between July 13-Aug 20 (was changing almost every day) but today it says 9-13 weeks. This is just frustrating

With everyone’s experience here. If I have an estimated delivery date of August 6th through August 26th what are the chances I actually take delivery in the month of August? I ordered mine on June 3rd. Model Y Long Range.
Thanks in advance !

days/week closer than yesterday, my details from the website for estimated delivery. One day I hope to get a vin then the car :)

Order date 5/14/21

Estimated Delivery: July 19 - August 05 - as of 7/7/21
Estimated Delivery: July 18 - August 05 --as of 7/6/21
Estimated Delivery: July 16 - August 05 --- as of 7/2/21
Estimated Delivery: July 12 - August 01 -- as of 6/30/21
Estimated delivery: September -- as of 6/28/21
Estimated Delivery: July 12 - August 01 -- As of 6/19/21
Estimated Delivery: July 15 - August 04 -- as of 6/14/21
Estimated Delivery: July 10 - July 30 - as of 6/11/21
Estimated Delivery: July 11 - July 31 --as of 6/10/21
Estimated Delivery: July 16 - August 05 --- as of 6/9/21
Estimated Delivery: July 11 - July 31 -- as of 6/3/21
Estimated delivery: 3-13 weeks -- as of 5/30/21
Estimated Delivery: 4 - 11 weeks from order placed date -- as of 5/29/21
Estimated Delivery: June 19 - June 30 -- As of 5/29/21
Estimated Delivery: June 13 - June 30 -- as of 5/14/21

This S**t is so unpredictable. Mine is July 31-Aug 20 now and it was July 10-July 30 two weeks ago.
I just got information from my Tesla SR, the deliveries are done based on location. The first manufactured M3s would ship to Europe and Asia and then to east coast and then towards west coast. I thought since the factory is in Fremont, delivery to CA would be quick, but of course this is the trick to improve Q3 sale. So delays expected due to transport would be compensated if delivery to far away locations are initiated first/earlier.
Now i am not even sure, if the waitlist even means anything.

This S**t is so unpredictable. Mine is July 31-Aug 20 now and it was July 10-July 30 two weeks ago.
I just got information from my Tesla SR, the deliveries are done based on location. The first manufactured M3s would ship to Europe and Asia and then to east coast and then towards west coast. I thought since the factory is in Fremont, delivery to CA would be quick, but of course this is the trick to improve Q3 sale. So delays expected due to transport would be compensated if delivery to far away locations are initiated first/earlier.
Now i am not even sure, if the waitlist even means anything.
"Now i am not even sure, if the waitlist even means anything." --- YES - I agree, I think it is a moving target until a VIN is given, but I have also heard VINs have been added, then removed so even that is not a sure thing, who knows.

Guess we just have to wait until we get a Call saying "hey - come get your car"

Reactions: Pbala
days/week closer than yesterday, my details from the website for estimated delivery. One day I hope to get a vin then the car :)

Order date 5/14/21

Estimated Delivery: July 19 - August 05 - as of 7/7/21
Estimated Delivery: July 18 - August 05 --as of 7/6/21
Estimated Delivery: July 16 - August 05 --- as of 7/2/21
Estimated Delivery: July 12 - August 01 -- as of 6/30/21
Estimated delivery: September -- as of 6/28/21
Estimated Delivery: July 12 - August 01 -- As of 6/19/21
Estimated Delivery: July 15 - August 04 -- as of 6/14/21
Estimated Delivery: July 10 - July 30 - as of 6/11/21
Estimated Delivery: July 11 - July 31 --as of 6/10/21
Estimated Delivery: July 16 - August 05 --- as of 6/9/21
Estimated Delivery: July 11 - July 31 -- as of 6/3/21
Estimated delivery: 3-13 weeks -- as of 5/30/21
Estimated Delivery: 4 - 11 weeks from order placed date -- as of 5/29/21
Estimated Delivery: June 19 - June 30 -- As of 5/29/21
Estimated Delivery: June 13 - June 30 -- as of 5/14/21

Is that all you've got😎? Newbie.. <grin>

I stopped counting because it's been every day to every other day it changes..

EDD is just to amuse someone at Tesla. Maybe Elon himself is watching and messing with the dates for entertainment.
I'm at acceptance (not really). But with some April orders still not filled, I have little hope of any EDD I get until then.

• Funny
Reactions: Pbala and tdeno
Congratulation on the button! Click it and let us know what happens next :)
I clicked it last week and it immediately gave me a VIN and a September expected delivery date. Then a few days ago it changed to end of July, then today I got a text telling me to choose a delivery date. Things changed real fast! Now I have an appointment to pickup the car next Thurs.

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 1.13.27 PM.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Pbala
I clicked it last week and it immediately gave me a VIN and a September expected delivery date. Then a few days ago it changed to end of July, then today I got a text telling me to choose a delivery date. Things changed real fast! Now I have an appointment to pickup the car next Thurs.

View attachment 684339
That's good to hear, so anytime we'll get a VIN and schedule delivery message though EDD is different

View attachment 684339

WOWzers -- Congratulations. Now to print/ready your checklists and get all your accessory ready.

The checklist that I was looking at in the past might be 'better/others' out there as well.

Reactions: rjpjnk