Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My estimated delivery date disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I clicked it last week and it immediately gave me a VIN and a September expected delivery date. Then a few days ago it changed to end of July, then today I got a text telling me to choose a delivery date. Things changed real fast! Now I have an appointment to pickup the car next Thurs.

View attachment 684339
When did you order? Location?

Got a VIN number!!! (Hope I get to keep it :) )

Also got the 'button' and now the URL changed from /profile?rn=RN#### to /product-finalize?rn=RN#### with a much closer date Estimated Delivery: July 21 - July 27
Does the "product-finalize" in the URL really mean anything? I ordered on 6/11 and yesterday my date was "October"... ugh. I've never looked at the URL itself, but today it's "product-finalize" but my date is still 8/13-9/2

Does the "product-finalize" in the URL really mean anything? I ordered on 6/11 and yesterday my date was "October"... ugh. I've never looked at the URL itself, but today it's "product-finalize" but my date is still 8/13-9/2

I am guessing that the URL change is based on the acceptance of the car change (vison only and want not) and once you click "ok" / "blue button" for approval then the URL changed for me, and then I got a VIN. In your case did you get a VIN or was it the "approval" button, and no VIN yet?

I am guessing that the URL change is based on the acceptance of the car change (vison only and want not) and once you click "ok" / "blue button" for approval then the URL changed for me, and then I got a VIN. In your case did you get a VIN or was it the "approval" button, and no VIN yet?
I may have gotten the vision only option when I first purchased, but I haven’t gotten any options or buttons presented since then (in early June). No VIN at any time, just delivery dates jumping around like mad. Still 8/13-9/2 today.

I may have gotten the vision only option when I first purchased, but I haven’t gotten any options or buttons presented since then (in early June). No VIN at any time, just delivery dates jumping around like mad. Still 8/13-9/2 today.

Ah - good point, my order date was 5/14/21 and that was before the shift/change to vision only.

"delivery dates jumping around like mad" -- Yes, mine changed 22 times from the order date!

WOOT -- just got this text! Annnnd Booked!

"
Tesla Update - Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model Y for delivery.

Select your appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RN### for your touchless delivery. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect
"

WOOT -- just got this text! Annnnd Booked!

"
Tesla Update - Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model Y for delivery.

Select your appointment now at tesla.com/schedule/RN### for your touchless delivery. We may reach out to schedule a new appointment if your Model Y arrives earlier or later than we currently expect
"
Order date?

Yes! All done here. Picked up on 7/22 as scheduled. Nearly perfect. Two minor panel issues (front pillar and rear side window) fixed while I waited.

The delivery experience was much better than the buying experience in terms of personal attention and service. I am very happy with my Y.

Just installed the Wall Connector yesterday.

Reactions: MBx4 and tdeno