Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My estimated delivery date disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh no! Did they disclose what the issues were?

She told me it was something to do with the "lift gate" then mentioned paint but not fully sure to what degree if it was a function issue or a paint bubble. At any event the end result, the vehicle was sent into the service center -- to be honest, I would have been upset if I would have picked it up then just to turn around and have to get something fixed -- so this is good news :rolleyes:🤷‍♂️

(As others have mentioned service centers - can be weeks/months out to fix an issue)

Side note -- Today was pick-up day --- now it's just a crappy Friday 😞

• Disagree
Reactions: jpy1980
Sometimes I think someone at Tesla is in charge of messing with people on delivery dates. We ordered our blue MYLR on 7/16/21. October delivery date. On the 20th the EDD Changed to 15 Sept ....1 Oct, then a couple days later it changed to 30 Aug to 15 Sept. Next day it was back to Oct...then no date or EDD at all.. Then yesterday 7/21 an EDD of 25 Aug to...15 Sept. We were very happy as 25 Aug is our 43rd wedding anniversary and when we placed our order the wife looked at me and said HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. The idea that it MAY actually arrive on that day put a smile on our faces...well today no EDD at all, not OCTOBER or anything...and that after jumping through the hoops of cashing in some mutual funds to pay the difference between our trade in and the total. So now we have all that cash sitting in a bank savings account instead of our mutual funds where it was earning quite a bit more than in a bank savings account, well at leas we are ready to close the deal when they actually do have a car for us. I know it has only been a couple weeks, but I would rather not receive updates all than incorrect miss-information...common Elon, TESLA , you are building the hottest car in the US market, I think you could manage your estimated delivery dates a little better..

Sometimes I think someone at Tesla is in charge of messing with people on delivery dates. We ordered our blue MYLR on 7/16/21. October delivery date. On the 20th the EDD Changed to 15 Sept ....1 Oct, then a couple days later it changed to 30 Aug to 15 Sept. Next day it was back to Oct...then no date or EDD at all.. Then yesterday 7/21 an EDD of 25 Aug to...15 Sept. We were very happy as 25 Aug is our 43rd wedding anniversary and when we placed our order the wife looked at me and said HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. The idea that it MAY actually arrive on that day put a smile on our faces...well today no EDD at all, not OCTOBER or anything...and that after jumping through the hoops of cashing in some mutual funds to pay the difference between our trade in and the total. So now we have all that cash sitting in a bank savings account instead of our mutual funds where it was earning quite a bit more than in a bank savings account, well at leas we are ready to close the deal when they actually do have a car for us. I know it has only been a couple weeks, but I would rather not receive updates all than incorrect miss-information...common Elon, TESLA , you are building the hottest car in the US market, I think you could manage your estimated delivery dates a little better..

Happy (almost) Anniversary! Hope you get a nice surprise and it does come on / close to that date.

Fully understand your level of frustration, as I (and many others) are dealing with the crazy website/shifting dates situation. Just use the time to order all the accessories and/or read the manual front to back, or take a nice walk --- watching that website is pure frustration.

She told me it was something to do with the "lift gate" then mentioned paint but not fully sure to what degree if it was a function issue or a paint bubble. At any event the end result, the vehicle was sent into the service center -- to be honest, I would have been upset if I would have picked it up then just to turn around and have to get something fixed -- so this is good news :rolleyes:🤷‍♂️

(As others have mentioned service centers - can be weeks/months out to fix an issue)

Side note -- Today was pick-up day --- now it's just a crappy Friday 😞
Our car also didn’t pass local inspection, was supposed to be delivered last Thursday and it updated to this Friday. Hoping that’s accurate.

Our car also didn’t pass local inspection, was supposed to be delivered last Thursday and it updated to this Friday. Hoping that’s accurate.
Interesting - hope you get it this Friday!

1. Did they say what the issue was?
  2. Did you check to see if they gave you a new VIN (guessing not with a quick turn-around time) - or did the 'failed' issue get fixed by the service center?

Interesting - hope you get it this Friday!

1. Did they say what the issue was?
  2. Did you check to see if they gave you a new VIN (guessing not with a quick turn-around time) - or did the 'failed' issue get fixed by the service center?
They said there was a dent in the lift gate. They didn’t give me a new VIN, they said it was going to the service center to get fixed and the soonest it could be ready was the 5th

They said there was a dent in the lift gate. They didn’t give me a new VIN, they said it was going to the service center to get fixed and the soonest it could be ready was the 5th

Interesting -- very interesting -- The Chicago rep told me an issue with the "lift gate" as well - poor transport - or factory issue -- hmmmmmmm

That seems a really fast turnaround to get it fixed - and looking at your profile, you are in CA, and there might be more Service Centers for body/paint than in Chicago.

Interesting -- very interesting -- The Chicago rep told me an issue with the "lift gate" as well - poor transport - or factory issue -- hmmmmmmm

That seems a really fast turnaround to get it fixed - and looking at your profile, you are in CA, and there might be more Service Centers for body/paint than in Chicago.
Have they given you a new date for your repair?

Ordered MY May 15. Has been jumping around end of Aug to Sep 23 ish, now just says October. WTH? 😭 I wonder what about my model is holding it back?

Sorry to hear that you are in the same boat -- but if it makes any difference you are among many others -- I think we should get a shirt or some swag --- I order a Tesla but all I can get is the shirt/hat/pen.

1628015993094.png

Might have nothing to do with your order or config (but Performace MY seem to have higher priority?). I think the Website is a bit over-aggressive with 'trying' to keep it updated, but in the end, the website is really bad at guessing/given accurate dates.

Reactions: rjpjnk
Good Morning All, Nice to be here in the same boat as thousands of others. Ordered SR+ Grey, on July 15th. I know its still early, but I did let the EDD seduce me. Started late Aug to Early sept delivery. then for the next few days it creeped up to Late July 30th to Aug 15. Then it went down hill bouncing around everywhere. from 8 to 14 weeks to Mid to late September Delivery. Then back to Aug again. Now this morning Same deal as other it seems. No delivery date at all. I hope its good news. I have heard of people getting a VIN after their EDD disappeared completely. Good Luck Everyone!

Good Morning All, Nice to be here in the same boat as thousands of others. Ordered SR+ Grey, on July 15th. I know its still early, but I did let the EDD seduce me. Started late Aug to Early sept delivery. then for the next few days it creeped up to Late July 30th to Aug 15. Then it went down hill bouncing around everywhere. from 8 to 14 weeks to Mid to late September Delivery. Then back to Aug again. Now this morning Same deal as other it seems. No delivery date at all. I hope its good news. I have heard of people getting a VIN after their EDD disappeared completely. Good Luck Everyone!
Welcome to "team wait" -- :)

You can put in your t-shirt order now (note - there is only one size: digital)

• Funny
Reactions: Trip McNealy