Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first flat........

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Follow up.........

Got call this AM that tire fixed and to arrange for Mobile Service to come to me and put tire / wheel back on. Since it was actually convenient for me to go to the SC, we set that up. They put the patched, remounted and balanced wheel / tire back on (took about 15 minutes) and I was good to go. Everybody was very nice and pleasant.

If I were to find any shortcoming from the SC, they could have run the car through the wash o_O before giving it back.

My 12V pump and patch kit arrives tomorrow.

So spouse thinking about a small, less expensive EV. Anyone know if the Leaf or Bolt comes with a spare tire?

I had two flat tires after hitting a monster pothole on my way to work one night (working nights that week), I couldn't stop and was close to my hospital so I made it to the parking lot and went to work. I called Tesla service and they had a flatbed waiting for me the next morning when I finished my work. The driver had previous experience with Tesla's and knew exactly what to do.

I agree that a fix a flat kit is a good idea for future inevitable Ohio pothole encounters.

tesla flat1.jpg
flatbed.jpg

I also keep a compressor in my car, plus a bottle of TPMS-safe slime.

In 5 years with the Tesla, I’ve had to replace 2 tires, and both times the compressor alone was enough to get me to Discount Tire.

Both times the damage was not repairable. The first tire was a thorn in the sidewall. The second tire was a AA battery that was still stuck in the tire! The tech rolled the tire into the lobby to show me — he’d never seen a battery puncture a tire. Thought it was ironic happening on the Tesla!

So spouse thinking about a small, less expensive EV. Anyone know if the Leaf or Bolt comes with a spare tire?
Bolt has no spare. Has a “self sealing tire” that bolt forums say does not work well and requires replacement if it doesn’t seal. And apparently the tire isn’t carried by most dealers or shops if the complaints are to be believed.