Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first HW2 TACC experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did my first road trip yesterday. I went from Portland to Seattle, 180mi, last night. Used TACC for the entire trip with it set at 75 for half and 68 for the second half of the trip. It worked flawlessly 100% of the way. It was amazing. I've never used TACC before on a road trip. I also used autosteer for the first half hour getting out of Portland. It worked perfectly also. At first it kept disingaging because I was trying to put the car in the part of lane where I wanted it to be. After I decided to just let it do its thing it worked perfectly. Not one single nag or disingagement for over ten miles. Amazing car. Truly amazing. Thanks Elon.
Which software update do you have? I can't get autosteer to work. It keeps refusing.

On what roads are you trying to use Auto Steer? If the road isn't known by Google maps as "restricted access", AS isn't going to be available. Basically interstate highways or toll roads.
Thanks for this information. I was under the impression that it just needed a 4 lane divided hwy, rather than limited access. "Unfortunately" we rarely have driving speeds less than 55 on the limited access roads around here. Maybe I'll drive up to Washington DC to try it out. :)