Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Tesla-2021 Model S Plaid MSM-Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unleashed Customs in Fullerton, CA

They are a public store on Insta and the pickup and install was seamless.
Hi vic55 -

I ordered a steering wheel from Unleashed Customs last week so good to hear positive feedback on them! Quick question - did you install it yourself? Was curious how difficult it is to remove the trim with the buttons from the yoke to transfer over to the new steering wheel (I've seen some YouTube videos where removing the airbag is easy but only one showing how they removed the trim with the buttons and it looked a little tricky). Thanks!

Hi vic55 -

I ordered a steering wheel from Unleashed Customs last week so good to hear positive feedback on them! Quick question - did you install it yourself? Was curious how difficult it is to remove the trim with the buttons from the yoke to transfer over to the new steering wheel (I've seen some YouTube videos where removing the airbag is easy but only one showing how they removed the trim with the buttons and it looked a little tricky). Thanks!
They sent me to a preferred local shop who did the removal of the wheel and trim and install of the trim on the new wheel. There is no way I wanted to mess with that plastic piece on my own. The airbag part is indeed easy as I watched them do it but the trim ... not so much as its bit tedious (I didnt watch them the whole time as I went to eat).

Im not sure where you live in MI but hopefully UC can refer a shop for you.

Reactions: TessP100D
Random --- its getting hot out here in SoCal

AM-JKLWVqGT9L_oc6x6eeTz8YvgjxN-MxtoA6Y9jn01jb8X8Xd7GoWy9_Tej18YRPMuy6m6Hum3mlnELK-8YAWkQn2Z1QSdcYsuAUs2gVcU98qcvBNB9CnWK1Mg8F7oeVhJuKj3sulHo1PsFKxkacGQChhrG=w1791-h1007-no

Reactions: bwherry
For someone like you that had and driven so many top notch cars to post so much content on his plaid is all the reviews this Tesla will ever need. Correct me if I am wrong I even think on Bimmerpost or 6speed didn’t you say you would never get a Tesla?

For someone like you that had and driven so many top notch cars to post so much content on his plaid is all the reviews this Tesla will ever need. Correct me if I am wrong I even think on Bimmerpost or 6speed didn’t you say you would never get a Tesla?

Sure I typed that before there was a Plaid where now the hp and tq margins are exponentially greater. But I also said I would not get an EV as my only car... that will remain my stance (never on 6speed as I havent been there since pre Tesla). I post randoms here because it keeps the activity of the board going and you may not notice but quite a few new members read thru my history and send me PM's and ask questions. Thus, my bumps provide a service so to speak.

You probably would not have found my thread if it was not active.... case in point :)

They sent me to a preferred local shop who did the removal of the wheel and trim and install of the trim on the new wheel. There is no way I wanted to mess with that plastic piece on my own. The airbag part is indeed easy as I watched them do it but the trim ... not so much as its bit tedious (I didnt watch them the whole time as I went to eat).

Im not sure where you live in MI but hopefully UC can refer a shop for you.

Did you lower the car an inch or is this look created by just offsetting the wheels and pushing the tires out?

Did you lower the car an inch or is this look created by just offsetting the wheels and pushing the tires out?
Probably in the slew of pages of my thread is where I have shown the links I used to lower the front and rear... as far as I remember the rear is dropped 1 inch and the front .8

The offset does create an even more wide body look but its dropped for sure.

AL9nZEWL1kx12fxi1-XE2_eljoEKVw5uWt-VV9KrGWuqO-MjO8-6c5at0JrsIgavA9yWh82ZAF5RwkZRAa6q-FCSLn7lfD2nzh1gzoNMWOnVzTjviePuUmnnK2bGuR6vUrCj1Xe_UdpRZ3bmh-a_yPYsfQI7=w1791-h1007-no

Probably in the slew of pages of my thread is where I have shown the links I used to lower the front and rear... as far as I remember the rear is dropped 1 inch and the front .8

AL9nZEWL1kx12fxi1-XE2_eljoEKVw5uWt-VV9KrGWuqO-MjO8-6c5at0JrsIgavA9yWh82ZAF5RwkZRAa6q-FCSLn7lfD2nzh1gzoNMWOnVzTjviePuUmnnK2bGuR6vUrCj1Xe_UdpRZ3bmh-a_yPYsfQI7=w1791-h1007-no
Is that gloss black or another finish? Im not sure why pushing wheels out would make gap look larger...seems like it wouldnt.

Is that gloss black or another finish? Im not sure why pushing wheels out would make gap look larger...seems like it wouldnt.
Its gloss --- Im not sure if you are asking me if I said pushing the wheels out would make the gap larger because its absolutely the opposite IMHO.

A general statement: I lined my Plaid with my aftermarket wheels next to an OEM Plaid and while we are on the same width wheels and tires (I used oem ps4s), my car clearly looked like it just had a wider set on it. Of course the offset and the wheel style created that effect.

AL9nZEXDOAe1n5hLWD9ua3-iWKMx3oZdhckBFhcI0X9zjeAyMyJFs9oNbjcd33T2wMAX6KTmkTeVVdOwCwpQEZBV-hSOg4NIvnNkpXtdrxJuyyiqSK-fZfReJKBPXTekGVkQNmpdrU5Qd29Gv-ChScGJQhnb=w1791-h1007-no

AL9nZEUzPNPWMh6N-HabiMBT1u6rdMZLIkRgAoG07bVrB0_qCt5gzYeZWnBJj8h2ju4S34tmQ6x2oeYq_i0dI4fmGcBkamlMXp2GaE2l7-PjRPpRHCPCcCcuo0YARUqvb_5g8bOMiwGUzfkvCWAhhV3Xm6I4=w1426-h1007-no

does lowering it with the links as much as you did affect the ability for cheetah stance?