Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My God! My God! What a car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to leave a little note out here, perhaps encouraging the masses that are waiting for the model 3 or maybe to those that are waiting for an affordable Model S. I received my Model S today. After 10 years of carefully following Tesla Motors and drooling over this car, listening to 3 podcasts a week, reading electrek.co, teslarati, teslamotorsclub, insidevs feverishly every day, I was finally able to become a member of the family today. This car has been financially out of range for me in my 20's since it was released. But times change and incomes do to!
I remember watching "Who killed the Electric Car" in High School and feeling so ripped off by "the man" who killed this thing that our society desperately needed. Today I got to be part of the Solution. Watching our country become again dependent upon foreign oil and needlessly entering the Middle East to have control over those resources in the early 2000's, thinking how awful it was that all of those young people that were my age were over there dying for a problem that we ourselves could solve. Energy independence.

I remember watching with great interest how difficult it was for the Roadster to be produced in great quantity and knew( with no other long range electric car options on the road at the time(Yes that used to be a thing)) that if Tesla failed in their embryonic stage of development, there wasn't a snowballs chance in Hell that the Electric Car would ever make a comeback.

The Sheer joy of Tesla unveiling the Model S followed by the sadness of knowing that the car would be out of my price Range.
Watching the IPO with great interest but being too scared to invest any money in the business because the odds of it succeeding were SO small at the time.
Feeling the immense pleasure of the model S finally being delivered in volume, followed by the agony of the delay of the Model X.
Reading quarter after quarter all of the doomsday scenarios of financial analysts.
Reading nightly updates of Bonnie waiting for her car!
Watching with pleasure as a Supercharger network was announced and started quickly spreading all over the world!
Watching a store finally open in our state! Reading with interest every twist and turn of the Telsa Motors Story.
After all of these moments, I have finally brought the car home.

All I can say is, the greatest engineers in the world have brought forth this miracle of Human engineering. Oh My God. The drive is silent. The quickness is Stunning. The interior is superior to any car I have ever been in. The Autopilot is terrifying. The sound is breathtaking. The Seats are comfortable. The roominess is exquisite. The Seat Warmers are awesome.

Everything that I've read that is great about this car is true. This car is a dream. Oh My God. Completely worth every penny.
I would give a word of encouragement to anybody that is on the fence about this car. It's completely worth it. I've dreamed about this car for 10 years. Every single thing about it is incredible, and I don't have to feel like a d-bag for driving it either.

Dreams do come true folks. I am living proof. Three cheers for the Model S! Long Live Tesla! Long Live Elon!

Just wanted to leave a little note out here, perhaps encouraging the masses that are waiting for the model 3 or maybe to those that are waiting for an affordable Model S. I received my Model S today. After 10 years of carefully following Tesla Motors and drooling over this car, listening to 3 podcasts a week, reading electrek.co, teslarati, teslamotorsclub, insidevs feverishly every day, I was finally able to become a member of the family today. This car has been financially out of range for me in my 20's since it was released. But times change and incomes do to!
I remember watching "Who killed the Electric Car" in High School and feeling so ripped off by "the man" who killed this thing that our society desperately needed. Today I got to be part of the Solution. Watching our country become again dependent upon foreign oil and needlessly entering the Middle East to have control over those resources in the early 2000's, thinking how awful it was that all of those young people that were my age were over there dying for a problem that we ourselves could solve. Energy independence.

I remember watching with great interest how difficult it was for the Roadster to be produced in great quantity and knew( with no other long range electric car options on the road at the time(Yes that used to be a thing)) that if Tesla failed in their embryonic stage of development, there wasn't a snowballs chance in Hell that the Electric Car would ever make a comeback.

The Sheer joy of Tesla unveiling the Model S followed by the sadness of knowing that the car would be out of my price Range.
Watching the IPO with great interest but being too scared to invest any money in the business because the odds of it succeeding were SO small at the time.
Feeling the immense pleasure of the model S finally being delivered in volume, followed by the agony of the delay of the Model X.
Reading quarter after quarter all of the doomsday scenarios of financial analysts.
Watching with pleasure as a Supercharger network was announced and started quickly spreading all over the world!
Watching a store finally open in our state! Reading with interest every twist and turn of the Telsa Motors Story.

All I can say is, the greatest engineers in the world have brought forth this miracle of Human engineering. Oh My God. The drive is silent. The quickness is Stunning. The interior is superior to any car I have ever been in. The Autopilot is terrifying. The sound is breathtaking. The Seats are comfortable. The roominess is exquisite. The Seat Warmers are awesome.

Everything that I've read that is great about this car is true. This car is a dream. Oh My God. Completely worth every penny.
I would give a word of encouragement to anybody that is on the fence about this car. It's completely worth it. I've dreamed about this car for 10 years. Every single thing about it is incredible, and I don't have to feel like a d-bag for driving it either.

Dreams do come true folks. I am living proof. Three cheers for the Model S! Long Live Tesla! Long Live Elon!

Come on, man! Don't hold back! Tell us what you REALLY think! :D

Love your post. Was going to get it on a tattoo but it's a bit too long!

oo

Great post, my story is similar, and in a few days it will be 2 joyous years for me!
...... and it gets better, with software updates.

Enjoy the heck out of your wonderful car!

It's called "the Tesla grin" and it never gets old!

Reactions: Ciaopec
Thanks for your post and for reminding us of all the amazing things that Tesla has accomplished over its short lifetime.

You didn't say anything about your specific Model S. New or CPO? Why is Autopilot "terrifying"? I'm guessing, because it is such a new experience to be moving at speed in a car without actually controlling it yourself.

Reactions: jimmyjohn
Congratulations on your new purchase!
Thanks for your story. Feels good to see your enthusiasm is similar to how I felt back when I was waiting on the car. So it is not only me. Note that 40k miles later, I'm still as enthusiast.
I also am still wondering why people (the ones who have the financial means) don't jump on buying Tesla as we do. Some virus they are immune to?
Antidote is sometimes have them try the car, but still.
Good reading you, too many complains post imho. :)

There are two ways to slow-down time:
1.) Go to the Himalayas to meditate and become a Monk... or
2.) Wait for a TESLA !

I had the opportunity twice... and believe me... it was all worth it!
Now it is the turn to wait for Model 3. Even I though I have both cars registered (on one Plate) I still look at the Calender, read the news!!!

My motoring life includet Porsches, 300HP+ BMW, TO..TA LAND Cruisers to name a few, but NONE of them had changed my every day life as much when I finally picked up my T-Roadster or MS.
Now it is into the 7th Year of enjoying my EV´s and it has not changed the feeling: people asking and wanting to know about it, even kids pulling at the sleeves of their dads (look! this is a TESLA).
BTW, since I dont have an ICE anymore, it saves me €800.- on annual Insurance premium.
(Even more savings as I have 20kWp PV on my roof)