Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR ordered in July 2021, estimated delivery date is now June 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I WAS in the same boat but my I got out of June jail today.

1642783864995.png

Good on Tesla for this if it is June. Those who ordered a long time ago and had a chance to take delivery, but declined hoping for the BBB Bill should be bumped down the line. That way those of us who ordered after you don't need to wait even longer.
Agreed! Glad to see those who played the me game pushed back. Should have been to the back of the line behind Everyone but good none the less.

We were a Nov 2019 RWD LR reservation holder who changed to AWD in Feb 2021 and took hold off in July with an original EDD in October 2021. We were fine to take delivery in December but no delivery came. We were in TBD EDD for the last 2-3 months but today it shows EDD of May 1-30. This is with our SA pushing to get our delivery moved up.

I ordered in July 2021 and the EDD has moved around a lot, currently sitting at June 9th - July th. MY LR, Blue w/White interior and Tow. No FSD.
Just about the same here. July 2021 order, have got into delivery window multiple times (most recent was Jan 14 - Feb 11), today it jumped SIX months out to June 2022! Have never been assigned a VIN or made any changes to configuration.

Reactions: voxel
Good on Tesla for this if it is June. Those who ordered a long time ago and had a chance to take delivery, but declined hoping for the BBB Bill should be bumped down the line. That way those of us who ordered after you don't need to wait even longer.
I understand you want to get your Tesla quicker, we all do. Every order gets one delay. The reason for delaying is up to the order holder.

Your thread title is misleading, as it makes it appear that you have actually been waiting for the car since July of 2021. Since you "delayed taking delivery till Jan 1 2022", you have actually only been waiting since Jan 1 of 2022, and the fact that you ordered in July of 2021 is irrelevant.
The person at Tesla delivery center I talked to said every order gets one delay. She didn't mention that delayed orders get put to the end of the line. Maybe she didn't know.

There are many reasons one can't take delivery with a 2-week notice. If Tesla does in fact have a policy that one loses their place in line if they choose to delay I wish Tesla had made that clear.

I understand you want to get your Tesla quicker, we all do. Every order gets one delay. The reason for delaying is up to the order holder.

The delaying/hold system is meant for those that have had life events since order placing that impacts them taking delivery.

Placing an order on hold/refusing delivery because of wanting to wait for possible tax credit/wanting the latest features/wanting an Austin Y is abuse of the system and glad Tesla has gotten serious about preventing this gaming of the system and has cancelled peoples orders late last year.

It's not there for you to use however you like. You placed an order knowing the situation at the time of order. Holding out for things with an active order is an order based on contingencies being met. Do you order other products like a phone or computer, but then tell that company you will only take delivery of that computer or phone as long as XYZ condition gets met?

Not really, I ordered months ahead of time since I don’t really need it now. I planned to receive it when I need/want it. If it come sooner or later, I’ll still take it. I agreed to the terms of pricing when I placed the order.
I’m not going to delay receipt just because I wanted to take advantage of a tax rebate that wasn’t available when I ordered.
When you ordered you knew the price and a rough estimate of the EDD. You chose to accept those terms. You deserved to have your order bumped to the very back.

I appreciate your opinions. I didn't want this to turn into an argumentative thread. I try to avoid toxicity online as much as possible.

I didn't think I was gaming the system. My choice was to take delivery at the end of December or delay taking delivery 2 weeks for a chance of a few thousand dollars in tax credit. As far I as I could see the only potential cost to Tesla would be inventory for 2 weeks, which I'd gladly pay if they gave me the option.

Did you delay delivery at all? That seems like a long EDD.
Did you delay delivery at all? That seems like a long EDD.
I also officially took my hold off in July and still waiting. Current EDD is in may. LR White /white 20” no FSD no hitch.
They apparently put our order on hold in December for no apparent reason. We didn’t ask to be on hold. We would have taken delivery in December. Our SA has been trying to push us up because of this Tesla mistake but no such luck. We will see what happens in March when CA deliveries start for the quarter.

I also officially took my hold off in July and still waiting. Current EDD is in may. LR White /white 20” no FSD no hitch.
They apparently put our order on hold in December for no apparent reason. We didn’t ask to be on hold. We would have taken delivery in December. Our SA has been trying to push us up because of this Tesla mistake but no such luck. We will see what happens in March when CA deliveries start for the quarter.
That really sucks. I hope they resolve your situation. Best of luck!