Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Meanest Tesla Trick (joke)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got a big laugh out of this, but I don't suggest you try it. You might get beat up or find dents in your car.

We went back to the deep South, small home town, everyone knows everyone else. They have no idea what a Tesla is in that town, much less be able to afford one, sadly. I stopped at a gas station / food outlet where one of my old school mates worked. I went inside to say hello and talk for about 30 minutes to my friend and then said, "Would you mind doing me a favor and fill up my car with 89 Octane? My back and legs are really hurting." Sure, he replies. We watch as he looks for about 5 minutes to try and find where to put the gas. He finally comes back in to ask, "Where's the gas door on that thing." I go out to show him. TOTAL CONFUSION as to how to put the nozzle in there. Then I spill the beans that it is an electric car.

After that joke, the least I could do is go buy him a really nice dinner. I wanted to talk about how things have changed, but all he wanted to talk about was the car ! Yea, I traded cars with his old Ford truck for a day while I was in town. He had a blast.

I do that occasionally but I say to someone who never heard of a Tesla, want to see the engine then pop the frunk. In California it is hard to find those people.

I had questions about my car up around the Russian River when we were packing the frunk. What car is that? Where is the engine? Hard to believe that people don't know Teslas less than 100mi from the factory.

I had questions about my car up around the Russian River when we were packing the frunk. What car is that? Where is the engine? Hard to believe that people don't know Teslas less than 100mi from the factory.

Uh yea, I had 2 neighbors that had no idea what was a Tesla and we area only 15 MINUTES from the gigafactory. Really.... some people live in a cave I guess.

Oh, and as for my friend.... he took the joke in stride. We used to play jokes on each other and everyone else in school. Now I am worried what he might do to me when he comes to visit :eek:

Oh, and I forgot his best comment after I showed him it was an electric car and opened the back door. "Is that the thing from the Back to the Future movie? "

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: gabeincal
Summon pranks are an unparalleled source of amusement!

I was leaving the grocery store and a woman in about her 70s was about 10 yards in front of me. I started to pull the X out of its parking space using Summon. The woman stops in her tracks, whirls around with this terrified look and says "Sir! We need to notify store management that there is a runaway car in the parking lot!". Thankfully she had her groceries in a shopping cart or otherwise I would have been out about $50 as she would have dropped her bags. Men behaving badly!