TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

My Model S thinks it's Supercharging

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Brass Guy, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Brass Guy

Brass Guy Member

I mentioned in the idle fees thread that my smartphone indicates supercharging when I'm home. Yesterday I happened to get to the car before if finished charging. I didn't know until then that the car reads the same. Has anybody else seen this?
    How long will it be until my idle fees are... One million dollars! CAM00711.jpg

• Funny x 3
  2. kdday

kdday Member

Well at least it'll be free since you're Super charging. I don't get Super Charging at home AND I have to pay for the electricity.

You get best of both worlds ;)

3. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

That is one cool bug. You should report it.

4. Brass Guy

Brass Guy Member

@kdday That'd be nice, but I am paying for this electricity, and seriously I wonder if idle fees apply since my charger is 100% occupied at the time!

@andrewket I'm pretty sure the first thing they'd suggest is I allow the update from 7.1.

• Like x 1
  5. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

It evidently thinks you are SuperCharging in CA, where 30A charge rate is not unheard of. :)

• Funny x 4
  6. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

I do recall seeing a thread on the other forum on Tesla's site with this same weird bug. I tried searching for it, but the words related to this are too common, so I can't narrow down the search enough to find it now.

7. apacheguy

apacheguy S Sig #255

I really hope Tesla assesses idle fees on the supercharger side, not the vehicle side.

8. TexLaw

TexLaw Member

That's actually something of a humorous bug. I wouldn't worry about idle fees (not that I think you really are), as I believe those are confirmed through GPS, as well. Unless you have a Tesla public SpC in your garage, you should be good to idle as long as you want! ;)

9. Brass Guy

Brass Guy Member

Thanks @Rocky_H - it sounds like it may not be unique then.

As far as idle fees, I'd expect to have no problem getting them waived. I just think it'd be so funny to find 10's or 100's of thousands racked up. If I idle an average of about 7 hours/night, at .40/min I should be able to accumulate about $60k/yr in fees.