Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model S thinks it's Supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mentioned in the idle fees thread that my smartphone indicates supercharging when I'm home. Yesterday I happened to get to the car before if finished charging. I didn't know until then that the car reads the same. Has anybody else seen this?
How long will it be until my idle fees are... One million dollars!
CAM00711.jpg

I mentioned in the idle fees thread that my smartphone indicates supercharging when I'm home. Yesterday I happened to get to the car before if finished charging. I didn't know until then that the car reads the same. Has anybody else seen this?
How long will it be until my idle fees are... One million dollars! View attachment 217814
I do recall seeing a thread on the other forum on Tesla's site with this same weird bug. I tried searching for it, but the words related to this are too common, so I can't narrow down the search enough to find it now.

That's actually something of a humorous bug. I wouldn't worry about idle fees (not that I think you really are), as I believe those are confirmed through GPS, as well. Unless you have a Tesla public SpC in your garage, you should be good to idle as long as you want! ;)

Thanks @Rocky_H - it sounds like it may not be unique then.

As far as idle fees, I'd expect to have no problem getting them waived. I just think it'd be so funny to find 10's or 100's of thousands racked up. If I idle an average of about 7 hours/night, at .40/min I should be able to accumulate about $60k/yr in fees.