Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model S was stolen...again!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suppose I'm lucky. My wife has this incredible fear of wrecking any vehicle that costs more than $35k or so. I had to push her hard to take Model S to the store just to get a feel for it. I don't have to worry about her wanting to take it because she's formed a bond to her daily driver.

I feel your pain!

I arrived at my train station late one night last week to find my wife's Highlander Hybrid parked where once my Model S had been. She was kind enough to leave the doors unlocked and the key under the driver's side floor mat.

When I got home she just smiled at me and explained "I didn't want the battery to get cold - it was only 10 degrees out..." Not sure about the logic, but I respect the creativity and moxie.
Print out a copy of the "You're all set! All we need now is your deposit." e-mail for the Model X you reserved to replace her Highlander and leave it on the kitchen table. Bribe the kids (with ice cream) to say nothing about it, and leave it for her to see.

Print out a copy of the "You're all set! All we need now is your deposit." e-mail for the Model X you reserved to replace her Highlander and leave it on the kitchen table. Bribe the kids (with ice cream) to say nothing about it, and leave it for her to see.
Until the SuperCharger network in the East goes North/South on I-91 the Model X is untenable for us. We have a place in VT, and it would be possible to make it on range mode (assuming similar range as the Model S when driving in the 70s), but with very little wiggle-room, if not getting stranded miles from home. So, for now, we hang on to the Highlander and hope the network supports our needs.

If only I had the mobile app!

My wife is very funny about the Tesla. It has now become a major part of her night out with the girls.They all pile into it and apparently they feel like celebrities as they go place to place. I am amused, but it also means I'm stuck home with two sleeping kids, two farting dogs and nothing to do.

I don't see the problem here.

:)

My Model S is stolen regularly. It has been recovered each time but I don't like the state it is in when it is returned to me.

My radio/internet settings have been changed or cluttered with stations that I have no interest in. I find the climate control settings have been changed or turned off, my preferences for display brightness are modified, there is a list of destinations that I don't care about cluttering my nav system, the interior lighting settings are different... the list goes on and on. Then I find that i am running in range mode! The nerve!

I'd like it if the Driver Profile that sets the seat and mirror positions for the driver would also restore all the other settings to the state I left them in. It would be ok with me if the thief had their own settings stored for their convenience. Where do I go to put this request into the Tesla Model S update suggestion box?

Ok. I think my Model S may get stolen. Help me I do not see a way out. And I can't afford another one. :redface:

Background: She is going back to school to get her masters in the fall. She is attending the University (sic) of Georgia. It is about an 80 mile one way trip, no problem even considering Athens is a charging wasteland. She will probably attend 2 or 3 days a week, all day, and commute from our house. After her first year she will only need one day of class, and a working 'placement' in Atlanta.

The other day I was driving with my wife. And NPR was doing a report about gas prices spiking in the last week (up almost $0.30 in the past 14 days in Atlanta). I commented on having no clue about fuel prices. Then NPR commented on projected over $5.00 a gallon in the summer.

Then she says "Yeah driving to work (she is driving all over town getting things coordinated for an event at the end of the month) has really sucked. I am driving about 4 times what I normally drive and gas is $3.80." A slight pause of about 15 seconds follows. "When I start driving to Athens, [where U(sic)GA is located], I will have to fill up more than every other day. If gas prices stay where they are it would be much cheaper if you drove my Civic." She then followed up with "My Civic has had a hard life. It probably isn't as reliable as the Tesla either." Her Civic is 6 years old, and has a few bumps and bruises, but only has about 50k miles on it, and runs like a champ."

I sadly was thinking the same thing a week before. She should really drive the Tesla, as it would be much cheaper. And right now she still hasn't driven the Tesla, but I imagine that will change this weekend. I am just hoping I can hold onto the car 2 days a week at this point, when she goes back to school.

Evan,

This is a perfect opportunity to rectify your mistake.
You *know* you should've gotten your Model S as a Performance Model. So hand over that sooo lame VIN1267 and get another one.
Sadly, you will have to fund it with the money you had saved to send your daughter to Graduate School, but you have to trim back somewhere...

Think of it this way -- it ought to attract a better class of boyfriends, too.

-- Ardie
Or you could get her a used Roadster...

So how long will you get to enjoy your Model S?

Well she won't be going until August. So at least I'll get 6 months. I imagine I can wrangle getting the car the days she doesn't drive to Athens (2 or 3 days a week) probably until January. After that I think I might be following brianman's suggestion.

@ElSupreme - So what is your 2nd reservation sequence number?

Well I am going to make a couple more S payments before I following down that road. I might just hold out with the Civic and get myself a maxed out Gen III. I really hope they have a hatchback/wagon variant at launch.