Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY PUP Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my PUP with 21's for 2 months now, and I am in the mountains of northern NM. To say our roads are bad would be a serious understatement, I equate them to dirt roads with black paint. Having said that, I have already driven 9 miles of dirt road with the MY, and it did fantastic. The ride is stiff, but no where near my older Subaru STi, and the MY corners better than the Suby. I try not to hit large potholes of course, but there are sections here that cannot be avoided, as the cross the entire lane. So far the ride is good.

I've been trying to get a definitive answer to this question. Here is a prior thread that includes a picture of the 20" tire with a clear "M+S" marking:
What are the OEM tires on the 19", 20" and 21" wheels?
I'm no tire expert, but I guess this means it has some "all season" capabilities. However, I'm not sure I'd want to drive around on it in the winter if I lived in a place that had freezing temps and ice/snow (which I do).

Seeing as these same tires are rated as summer only in other countries, my guess is Goodyear might have adjusted the compound to get the M+S badge... that said, the tread pattern is a Summer Performance tread pattern. In my opinion, if I was going to have an all season tire, it would be one that I know has at least some siping designed for snow. Wouldn't feel safe driving the OEM's in the snow that's for sure.

My MX also has oem M+S tire . I guess since it is a AWD this should be ok for light snow driving , I live in the bay area and for going to the mountains ( lake tahoe), when conditions are bad we need chains , in normal light snow, AWD is allowed w/o chains by the authorities.