Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My request that the Arizona Attorney General's office investigate Tesla's changes to Ludicrous Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... Wonder if Tesla can legally replace the V3 batteries with the lower performance V1 or V2 versions to mitigate warranty risks?

I think the V2 batteries were affected as well. My power was limited and then restored with this update.

A software limited 100 kW pack would be a great fix, if the problem shows up again...
Correct... If you take a look at the graph running around here somewhere, you'll see that the V1 battery stands alone (at the bottom), and the V2/V3 had similar power characteristics.

• Informative
Reactions: Walta
I don't know about out of warranty coverage considering that Tesla does provide a warning:

2017-Tesla-Model-S-P100D-acceleration-warning.jpg

It looks like Parker from Vehicle Virgins found out his Huracan has a limit of enabling Launch Control 250 times. You don't have to even launch the vehicle for it to count against you. I believe Houston from Royalty Exotic said he tried to launch his Urus 20+ times the day he got it. I can't wait to see the Lambo backlash from the YouTube world for limiting their vehicles.

Lamborghini Will Disable Huracan’s Launch Control After Just 250 Uses: Report

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: bhzmark and MP3Mike
It looks like Parker from Vehicle Virgins found out his Huracan has a limit of enabling Launch Control 250 times. You don't have to even launch the vehicle for it to count against you. I believe Houston from Royalty Exotic said he tried to launch his Urus 20+ times the day he got it. I can't wait to see the Lambo backlash from the YouTube world for limiting their vehicles.

Yes, but for a $10k/mo subscription plan, you can upgrade your limit an additional 10 per month! :p

• Funny
Reactions: Tech_Guy

Wonder if this was in writing anywhere? If not, could be interesting.

Probably because that's all that dinosaur excrement burning contraption could handle before it blows itself to pieces.

The allure with Tesla for many of us is that EV drive-trains should be (and are) more robust as they are simpler.

We would never buy a Lamborghini to go fast but we bought a Tesla to go fast because it is electric and it launches with no drama.