Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Telsa now automatically starts navigation to and from work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It wasn't listed in the update notes I just got on Tuesday, but I got the latest update that gives the power boost, range boost and one pedal driving.
But...since the update, when I get in my car in the morning, navigation is on the screen telling how to get to work and the same on the way home. There is a configuration button, but I have been too lazy to tap it.
Did this happen to anyone else, or did my car hit the length of time where it recognizes where I go at what times?

Reactions: DanCar
It wasn't listed in the update notes I just got on Tuesday, but I got the latest update that gives the power boost, range boost and one pedal driving.
But...since the update, when I get in my car in the morning, navigation is on the screen telling how to get to work and the same on the way home. There is a configuration button, but I have been too lazy to tap it.
Did this happen to anyone else, or did my car hit the length of time where it recognizes where I go at what times?
This is part of 2019.36.x. The car will automatically set the destination to work, home, or the address on your next calendar appointment. You can turn it off under navigation in settings.

This is a new feature of the latest update.

OMG me too

I think automatically navigation to/from work is cool especially to determine how long it takes to get there.Unfortunately, I don't have the connectivity option to display the roads which has the problem. Only thing I have to do, haven't yet, is turn down/off the audio navigation instructions. Like for most of us, we don't need it to tell us how to get home.

I use navigation every day when driving to work. There's almost always traffic (even at 6:30am) and I like the estimate in minutes of when I'll get there. Also detours if it's really bad. Any drive over 10miles I'll probably use navigation. It's saved me tons of time when there have been accidents.

Yup. There's 2 major routes I can use, that are within a few minutes of each other with 0 traffic, but can be as much as double the time if there's accidents or something, so knowing which is actually faster when I leave is pretty useful- used to have to pull out my phone to check this.

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
Interesting, it was in my update notes. You're on 36.2.1?

Reactions: bijan
Just installed 2019.32.2.1 tonight. Here’s the release notes on this feature:

595D37A0-0202-42FA-BEC5-9EEDE0A14C8E.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and bijan
Wow! There's a lot of cranky people who drive Teslas.

I like using navigation when driving places I know how to get to. While the route doesn't change the traffic does.

What I'd really like to see is a more flexible and powerful navigation tool. Let me pick a route from alternates like Google does. Let me enter multiple destinations and a state of charge on reaching the final one like ABRP does. Did Tesla really listen to customers when they heard them ask for automatic trip planning?

Heck, when I drive the route I always drive the navigator tells me to turn around and use a seriously congested route to reach a charger that I don't want to use. Instead it keeps telling me to turn around until I am nearly to the charger on the route I am driving.

My iPhone had been doing this for awhile
Yeah, I wish Tesla’s implementation was more like this. Pop up a notification that must be clicked to actually initiate the navigation instead of just starting the navigation. I don’t need to now how to get to work or home every day (voice guidance over my music is annoying), but I would like the “automatic” navigation to my next calendar appointment.

Like all you, I know how to go to work and back. However, I've been using Waze. It's a drivers app. It is always the fastest way to get to your destination. I like knowing if there's an accident or something. It'll automatically pick a different route. I've been comparing it to the nav update and it's telling me to use the same route as Waze. Jury's still out but it looks promising. No one likes getting stuck in traffic.

This started some time this summer. I noticed that I would have to cancel nav to work on weekends. It also would sometimes assume that I was going home from a destination when I was going to multiple shopping stops.

Tell you what is new, definitely didn’t have graphical traffic cones until this most recent update!