Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Model S Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, no problem. Age quod agis.

Yeah, you bolted the dead pedal over the floor mat, not just over the carpet. Yes, going with the dead pedal requires a different floor mat with a cutout, which you say you have on order, it just looks very odd to bolt the dead pedal over the current floor mats like that, especially since they're so dirty and now will be hard to clean. It seems it would have been better to either wait, or put it in properly into the carpet under the floor mat and have the current floor mat over it until the new one comes in. Again, it's not my place to say what you should or shouldn't do, but I'd say most people would say those are very low quality mods, including those very odd and poorly installed knobs that you put on all of your cars. But, regardless, to each his own. Enjoy.

Ok, no problem. Age quod agis.

Yeah, you bolted the dead pedal over the floor mat, not just over the carpet. Yes, going with the dead pedal requires a different floor mat with a cutout, which you say you have on order, it just looks very odd to bolt the dead pedal over the current floor mats like that, especially since they're so dirty and now will be hard to clean. It seems it would have been better to either wait, or put it in properly into the carpet under the floor mat and have the current floor mat over it until the new one comes in. Again, it's not my place to say what you should or shouldn't do, but I'd say most people would say those are very low quality mods, including those very odd and poorly installed knobs that you put on all of your cars. But, regardless, to each his own. Enjoy.
The dead pedal is just 2 way taped to the carpet and not bolted on.
I just put some 3M Primer 94 on the carpet which is not going to do any damage or anything.
It's non toxic and clear and thin like water,
It is used on cars to double the adhesion of moldings etc. so they don't fall off.
The pedal cover comes with the back as 2 way tape like this one in my BMW
When I get the Tesla Mats I'll re stick it to the dead pedal surface.
I may have to re tape the 2 way tape but I have lot's of that.
These are not hard things for me to do.

The level control is a schoshe and IMO it looks better than the box ones if you mount it with 2 way tape to the console.
It has holes but I don't want to drill holes in the console.
I prefer it to be slightly less pretty than screwing it on.
You may think it's poorly installed but I think it looks ok and it serves it's purpose
and no permanent holes have to be drilled and it can be completely removed without a trace.

A sub needs a level control
Having it right at your fingertips off the console is the best.
Putting it under the dash or somewhere else is not as convenient if you have to reach for it.

Last edited:
Ok promised myself I would run away from this thread……. Have to ask though. As the title of this thread is Model S PLAID unless someone knows something I don’t the wood interior and no Plaid badge would tell me you don’t actually Have a Plaid just a base model S. Unless you modded that also???? With that assumed if correct you Really didn’t get a good deal at All!

Ok promised myself I would run away from this thread……. Have to ask though. As the title of this thread is Model S PLAID unless someone knows something I don’t the wood interior and no Plaid badge would tell me you don’t actually Have a Plaid just a base model S. Unless you modded that also???? With that assumed if correct you Really didn’t get a good deal at All!
Wood = Model S
Carbon fiber = Plaid

The logo could have been removed, but the interior says it's a base Model S.

Last comment on this train wreck. Actually after cutting up the truck, gluing a key fob with dead batteries, and soon to be added radio shack knobs everywhere the car will be worth 40k If he can find desperate buyer lol.
NOW I GET IT!

For the life of me I couldn’t figure out what the heck was going on with that fob contraption. And why the end of one key was cut out and glued to the fob.

• Funny
Reactions: vapor trail
As a professor, I get to see university student vehicles every weekday, and I interact with them every weekday. It is possible, even likely based on my experience with younger folks, that the OP is an inexperienced teenager… we may want to cut him some slack. Vehicle cleanliness, hacks, language and social skills… all point to a younger person. Hopefully, we can impart some wisdom. Lord knows, at 64, I need to get rid of as much as I can before Alzheimer’s sets in. LOL.

Joe

Wood = Model S
Carbon fiber = Plaid

The logo could have been removed, but the interior says it's a base Model S.
Early '21 Plaids had a wood interior option. He has contrasting stitching (white) on the seats, which is actually the only way to tell it's a Plaid over a regular Model S (Short of seeing the screen showing the model).

20230825 141947 — Postimages

I have the time, but the only thing I am here to scrutinize is FSD!

That's a full time job. My total investment in FSD is $200 + tax to try it for one month. It's hard to believe people have paid full price for FSD on multiple cars for something that seems close yet so very very far away from what Elon promised it would be 4 years ago.

Last edited:
As a professor, I get to see university student vehicles every weekday, and I interact with them every weekday. It is possible, even likely based on my experience with younger folks, that the OP is an inexperienced teenager… we may want to cut him some slack. Vehicle cleanliness, hacks, language and social skills… all point to a younger person. Hopefully, we can impart some wisdom. Lord knows, at 64, I need to get rid of as much as I can before Alzheimer’s sets in. LOL.

Joe
No Professor J, he's your age, I can see his face in the pic he posted.