Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My thoughts on 2018 Model X after Turo Rental

MX29

Jul 6, 2021
PNW
I just upgraded from a 3 to X. Works out much better for me. Easier to get in and out of, more luxury options and features, feels more solid (the 3 rattled so much and road noise was really annoying).

I do miss the quicker MCU since my X has MCU1 but that's it. I have a 75D so the range isn't as great either since the Model 3 was more efficient..but overall I'm glad I made the switch!

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
I just upgraded from a 3 to X. Works out much better for me. Easier to get in and out of, more luxury options and features, feels more solid (the 3 rattled so much and road noise was really annoying).

I do miss the quicker MCU since my X has MCU1 but that's it. I have a 75D so the range isn't as great either since the Model 3 was more efficient..but overall I'm glad I made the switch!

with the semi-recent price drop for the mcu upgrade, it's a no brainer to upgrade

Reactions: Pacernow

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
I keep seeing 1500 and 2500, which one is it? I have MCU1 and AP 2.0 currently.

Owners of compatible vehicles can schedule an appointment through the Tesla app for purchase and installation. This upgrade is available for $2,000 plus applicable tax, including installation, for vehicles equipped with Autopilot Computer 2.0 or 2.5 and for $1,500 plus applicable tax, including installation, for all other vehicles. Owners may confirm Autopilot Computer type by selecting ‘Controls’ > ‘Software’ > ‘Additional Vehicle Information’ on the touchscreen.

Reactions: Pacernow

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC