Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MyEnergi Zappi V5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PITA

Model 3 Performance
Sep 2, 2021
West Midlands, UK
I upgraded our MyEnergi Zappi chargers to V5 over last weekend.

Since then, I've had a plethora of failed charging attempts and error messages.

- Installation Limit!

- CT Grid Lost

With 7kW charger refusing to charge.

I've had to fall back onto my 32 Amp Commando Socket and Tesla Universal Mobile Charger as Zappi is unusable.

There have been some issues with v5 where some settings can become glitched and give the above errors. It’s nothing to do with the car being a Tesla. Get in touch with ME support and they should get you straightened out.

Reactions: PITA
It’s worth avoiding a potentially confusing terminology here… Myenergi name their Zappi charge points as V1, V2, V2 with built in Wi-Fi hub etc. However there is no V5 Zappi. The v5 in this thread just relates to the current software version of the Zappi charge point. (Most people will realise this but I thought it would be a good idea to make the clarification.)

I upgraded our MyEnergi Zappi chargers to V5 over last weekend.

Since then, I've had a plethora of failed charging attempts and error messages.

- Installation Limit!

- CT Grid Lost

With 7kW charger refusing to charge.

I've had to fall back onto my 32 Amp Commando Socket and Tesla Universal Mobile Charger as Zappi is unusable.
It’s worth going through the default settings on your Zappi. The software update may well have reset some parameters.

Myenergi have their own forum …

Had to raise a Support Ticket because I've spent over a day on this now (with my Installer) with no good result. We've done pretty much everything.

Problem I have, is a mix of three Zappi's

1 x 7kW V2 hub (on Version 5.039)
1 x 22kW V2 hub (on Version 5.039)
1 x 22kW V2 Vhub (on Version 5.052)

Seems they really DO NOT like V5 at all...

Had to raise a Support Ticket because I've spent over a day on this now (with my Installer) with no good result. We've done pretty much everything.

Problem I have, is a mix of three Zappi's

1 x 7kW V2 hub (on Version 5.039)
1 x 22kW V2 hub (on Version 5.039)
1 x 22kW V2 Vhub (on Version 5.052)

Seems they really DO NOT like V5 at all...

Definitely issues for some people on this software update. I'm guessing you've seen:

Definitely issues for some people on this software update. I'm guessing you've seen:

Yeah... spent a day on it ...

I'm finding workarounds at the moment which allow me to change the configuration settings temporarily to charge my car.

But the lovely integrated three Zappi network I had is gone.

... PITA

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Adopado
Yeah... spent a day on it ...

I'm finding workarounds at the moment which allow me to change the configuration settings temporarily to charge my car.

But the lovely integrated three Zappi network I had is gone.

... PITA

I'll be surprised if they don't sort this out ... it's clearly their software so they have to! Maybe they can let people reinstall the previous version until it's ready?

I had problems with my Zappi V2 (without Wi-Fi). Charging would randomly stop, sometimes it would start again immediately and other times it stopped completely. MyEnergi replaced it with a new V2 with Wi-Fi, luckily under warranty (I had a few weeks left on it) and they arranged for an installer.

Reactions: Adopado
I had problems with my Zappi V2 (without Wi-Fi). Charging would randomly stop, sometimes it would start again immediately and other times it stopped completely. MyEnergi replaced it with a new V2 with Wi-Fi, luckily under warranty (I had a few weeks left on it) and they arranged for an installer.
I investigated an issue with my Zappi by opening it up to have a look… spotted some heat discolouration on a couple connections so sent photos and description… Myenergi immediately agreed to replace under warranty .. so I’ve also ended up with a V2 with built in hub and Wi-Fi!

Reactions: craig_edi