Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR all season tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A benchmark for me and tyres is the M25 near cobham where it’s more like raw concrete than tarmac - I believe the cc2’s are quieter there too. I’ve had some cars/tyres where that section of road could bring on a headache.
i would say this is flawed because the rougher the tarmac, the less actual tire noise you hear.

I would say that a benchmark should be on the smoothest one - then actual tyre noise is heard... :/

My concern with the CC2 is the rims protruding quite a lot, judging by the previous pictures on this thread. But of course the tyre itself has great qualities.

I haven't seen pictures of the Conti All Season, so I'm wondering if they are better or worse

My concern with the CC2 is the rims protruding quite a lot, judging by the previous pictures on this thread. But of course the tyre itself has great qualities.

I haven't seen pictures of the Conti All Season, so I'm wondering if they are better or worse
If you mount it on 18" Aeros... I have yet to see a tyre which will cover that allow protrusion...

I purchased the Continental AllSeasonContact in 255/45/19/104/Y about three weeks ago and travelled 1500 miles to the Alps and back. I am very happy with them.

I cannot share a comparison with the Pirelli SF2 or Michelin CC2. They were actually my first choice due to the "A" rolling resistance but due to lack of supply I went with the Contis. In the end, I am pleased that I got the Contis now as the specification is almost the same as is recommended by Tesla.

I could not notice a discernible increase in Cabin noise and I got 346 Wh/mi on my trip which was mostly done at 130 kph (81 mph) on French motorways. I am getting between 280 and 300 Wh/mi in the UK at 70 mph so I cannot see much reduction in range from the stock Hankooks.

I was initially a bit worried about the "B" rolling resistance on these and I will keep an eye on the consumption as I do not really want to put the summer tyres back on.

Maybe @jamr could share a photo of their Continental tyres?

I need to buy new all season tyres, and really am hesitating between the Michelins CC2 and the Continental AllSeasonContact.
They are priced the same.
Hopefully @jamr can shed some light on the protruding rims for the 19" but I don't believe he follows this thread anymore.

I must say this pic about the Michelin is really putting me off... hopefully it was a one-off mistake, but I hope the Contis are better.
View attachment 898144

Rim protection (or lack thereof) on the Michelin CC2 SUV. Apologies for the dirty wheel pic!

I need to buy new all season tyres, and really am hesitating between the Michelins CC2 and the Continental AllSeasonContact.
They are priced the same.
Hopefully @jamr can shed some light on the protruding rims for the 19" but I don't believe he follows this thread anymore.

I must say this pic about the Michelin is really putting me off... hopefully it was a one-off mistake, but I hope the Contis are better.
I’ve just had the wheels rotated after 8k or so miles, they don’t look as bad as they did when first fitted and more flush with the rim now. I need to give the car a good wash and pre-winter coating at the weekend, so will send an updated pic then

I’ve just had the wheels rotated after 8k or so miles, they don’t look as bad as they did when first fitted and more flush with the rim now. I need to give the car a good wash and pre-winter coating at the weekend, so will send an updated pic then
Very little tyre rotation going on here in Glasgow. Does the pre-winter coating include big soft bumpers?

I guess not you!

Very little tyre rotation going on here in Glasgow. Does the pre-winter coating include big soft bumpers?

I guess not you!

Haha! I remember this, that was before my Tesla days. It just inches over the point of no return. I’ve got my winter driving profile set to creep to try and avoid that kind of thing happening in snow or ice but that was a bit of an extreme

This is a good source of independent information. On this occasion, unfortunately, the testing is being done with a different size and on front wheel drive but it's still worth a look if you're into dissecting tyre performance. I was surprised to note that an area where the CC2 was weaker in comparison to several others is in the wet. It's all well and good thinking about snow and icy conditions but the most common conditions we will be dealing with in the winter will be simply cold and wet. I had a great experience with Goodyear Ultragrips (full winters) previously and out of this bunch of all seasons I would seriously consider the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons which look to be available in Model 3 18inch size and the Model Y 19inch size.

This is a good source of independent information. On this occasion, unfortunately, the testing is being done with a different size and on front wheel drive but it's still worth a look if you're into dissecting tyre performance. I was surprised to note that an area where the CC2 was weaker in comparison to several others is in the wet. It's all well and good thinking about snow and icy conditions but the most common conditions we will be dealing with in the winter will be simply cold and wet. I had a great experience with Goodyear Ultragrips (full winters) previously and out of this bunch of all seasons I would seriously consider the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons which look to be available in Model 3 18inch size and the Model Y 19inch size.

They do sound very good, but, how will they look on the Gemini alloys? ;)

As they are now. Fitted last December with 8-10k miles on them, so no more “settling” to be done. They don’t look as pronounced as those first pics but they don’t extend past the rim edge like the OEM Hankooks. I’m fine with them based on the performance of the tyre, but hopefully that helps someone swithering between these and the others

Attachments

• IMG_2614.jpeg
    IMG_2614.jpeg
    793.7 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2615.jpeg
    IMG_2615.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 65