Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR / MSM exterior / BLACK interior - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All these delays tells me Tesla really don't like making MSM configurations
Got excited when I got a text from Tesla yesterday. However, they were just trying to upsell me to $80K and, of course, delay my delivery for several months in the process. Earlier they tried to trick me into a couple of white models. One was Performance and the other had a tow hitch. NOT the same as my order. They were also $3K to $3.5K more. In other words Tesla does not want to be stressed out delivering my 1/15 order in February, and they don't want to sell it for the price I got. Can't wait to see what they try next.

Had a call earlier today with the Chicago West Grand Ave location. Below are my updated order details based on that conversation -

1/18 OD
MSM, Black, 19"
2/16 - 3/23 EDD as per the app since the day of order
3/5 or 3/6 EDD is what the expert could see in their system

No VIN assigned yet. They did say that the VIN assignment can raise the chances of an earlier delivery. Hoping to get the VIN within next week 🤞🏼

Anyone knows how risky it could get if we take delivery post 3/1 in regards of the tax credit and the new guidelines that will be declared in March?

2023 MYLR
MSM/Black
19 Gemini

Ordered 1/13/23
Vin Assigned 1/27
Picked up 2/8
The window mold on front windshield has a slight divet top center. Panels were okay. nothing to brag home about. It was raining so tough to check car.

Dallas TX
Place was a zoo. Probably 50 new model Ys coming off trucks and several trucks taking off with 1/2 loads that day.

First entry.
MSM MYLR 19" black interior. No options.
OD: 1/15 8:40am
Original: EDD 2/11 to 3/18
2/5 EDD: 2/18 to 3/18
No VIN
VIN assigned 2/9/23. So, to move forward I have to have an actual insurance policy with my non-existent care listed?!? Called my agent today and they didn't even have Tesla in their database. They gave me a phone quote on this "Tesla thing", but the email never came.

VIN assigned 2/9/23. So, to move forward I have to have an actual insurance policy with my non-existent care listed?!? Called my agent today and they didn't even have Tesla in their database. They gave me a phone quote on this "Tesla thing", but the email never came.
Forgot to say. Getting my VIN moved my delivery date out another week, but narrowed the estimate to a one week period. EDD: 2/26 to 3/5

Got excited when I got a text from Tesla yesterday. However, they were just trying to upsell me to $80K and, of course, delay my delivery for several months in the process. Earlier they tried to trick me into a couple of white models. One was Performance and the other had a tow hitch. NOT the same as my order. They were also $3K to $3.5K more. In other words Tesla does not want to be stressed out delivering my 1/15 order in February, and they don't want to sell it for the price I got. Can't wait to see what they try next.
Yup, it's really ridiculous at this point because they are really not honoring people's orders in time if they veer off of the generic white/black models.

people that ordered around 1/25/2023 lets manifest that we will get our vins in the next couple of weeks. After reading another thread that ordered MSM exterior has EDD all around the same range. so i'm thinking that a large batch of us will get vins around the same time. *Fingers crosssed*

First entry.
MSM MYLR 19" black interior. No options.
OD: 1/15 8:40am
Original: EDD 2/11 to 3/18
2/5 EDD: 2/18 to 3/18
No VIN
Looks like I’m in the same batch as you. I got the same exact options too.

Hope the EDD can get changed to two weeks soon, and not get pushed back. Usually when I see the EDD range is 1 month, it feels like “we don’t really know when you will get your car”, lol

I'll add my friend's data as he made the decision to cancel his long standing (and still unknown delivery) ID4 order and ordered the MYLR.

MSM, no other options.
OD: Feb 3th
PC: Feb 4th (I had to tell him to get this done...or else;-) )
EDD: Mar-May
BC, Canada
Update on this order:
MYLR, MSM, no other options.
OD: Feb 3rd
EDD: April 29 - June 10
BC, Canada

Last edited:
Haha, you may want to look into a new insurance provider
I was going to say the same thing! I mean it’s funny, but in all seriousness if by 2023 your insurance provider doesn’t have Tesla in their database of vehicles, I wouldn’t do business with them. That would be a bit like shopping at a liquor store where they’ve never heard of Johnnie Walker!

Reactions: WyoDude