Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR tyre pressure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also available in the app for your specific model and wheel configuration:

1681736903507.png

Reactions: init6
My MYLR is showing (since delivery) ast 45-46 psi when cold. Wondering whether this is not helping the crashy ride quality,

What pressure are people running at for regular (i.e. not high load) use?

Also, if they were set when ambient temp was very low (not today but there have been some very cold mornings quite recently) you would see a higher "cold" reading since the temps have come up. Keeping an eye on pressures and compensating for this is a normal thing to do with your car (any car). Of course it's made more obvious when the numbers are so readily available!

Also, if they were set when ambient temp was very low (not today but there have been some very cold mornings quite recently) you would see a higher "cold" reading since the temps have come up. Keeping an eye on pressures and compensating for this is a normal thing to do with your car (any car). Of course it's made more obvious when the numbers are so readily available!
I was going to make this point. I set mine to like 41-42 while cold in December and noticed on a long journey yesterday they were showing 45-47 while diving with an ambient temp of 13 degrees.

Dontblowervthevpressure in the blind, you risk using to low pressure for the axleloads and speed used.
Then the most important is that you determine the axleloads in your use acurately, the most tricky part in it all, and your responcibility.
Most accurate is by weighing per axle in the loading you use, so persons and load in it.

Then yoin in next topic, where I give several pressure/ axleloadcapacity- lists with maximum reserve, but still acceptable comfort and grip.

Change of tyre pressure if using 255/50/19 107Y due to higher load rating

My MYLR is showing (since delivery) ast 45-46 psi when cold. Wondering whether this is not helping the crashy ride quality,

What pressure are people running at for regular (i.e. not high load) use?
If just me, 39 is optimal for ride without it setting off the low pressure warning symbol. It then increases to about 42 on a > 30 mile run.

If with family or other load, then I set to 40. Again, reaches about 42-43 per the screen - not sure what the actual calibrated pressure is.

It helped reduce the crashiness of the ride a little, but the improved steering feel was more noticeable.

Edit - ModelYLR.