Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! I've been lurking this thread on and off since the start. I placed a MYP order on day 1 - with a 'due date' of 19th Nov - 3rd Dec, and have justified the year's wait because I assumed it was coming from Berlin. I've just checked my VIN and it's a Chinese Model Y - what did I miss something? Also devastated regarding the loss of ultrasonic sensors before a replacement is ready, a lot of the roads I frequent are single lane traffic only, often with cars parked along the side.
I have been checking the app daily for a year with pure joy & excitement, and very suddenly I feel very apprehensive.

Reactions: JamiePP
Hi everyone! I've been lurking this thread on and off since the start. I placed a MYP order on day 1 - with a 'due date' of 19th Nov - 3rd Dec, and have justified the year's wait because I assumed it was coming from Berlin. I've just checked my VIN and it's a Chinese Model Y - what did I miss something? Also devastated regarding the loss of ultrasonic sensors before a replacement is ready, a lot of the roads I frequent are single lane traffic only, often with cars parked along the side.
I have been checking the app daily for a year with pure joy & excitement, and very suddenly I feel very apprehensive.
Not sure what the issue is with a Shanghai built car? They've banged out 000's. I've not one absolute nightmare about one, yeah a few issues mainly centered around parts availability but nothing catastrophic.
I also don't get the obessesion with Berlin made cars (not you persay but generally about Tesla cars for UK)? They're built the same to the same spec 🤷‍♂️ maybe it's folks have issues with China full stop.... I dunno.
I'm also sure the new parking aid/s will be equal and or improved. Maybe it's the fear of new tech which would be odd given we're all buying Tesla's 🤔

It's just the fact we waited a whole year because they we were waiting for the Berlin factory to open, and now that it's open, they're giving us cars from China instead. 🤷‍♂️ Also German engineering will generally always prevail vs Chinese engineering, but China have the experience advantage I guess. We have a '21 Model 3 from China and it's certainly fine.

>I'm also sure the new parking aid/s will be equal and or improved.
Considering everything I've seen over the last few years, I'm fully expecting to be waiting years.

It's just the fact we waited a whole year because they we were waiting for the Berlin factory to open, and now that it's open, they're giving us cars from China instead. 🤷‍♂️ Also German engineering will generally always prevail vs Chinese engineering, but China have the experience advantage I guess. We have a '21 Model 3 from China and it's certainly fine.

>I'm also sure the new parking aid/s will be equal and or improved.
Considering everything I've seen over the last few years, I'm fully expecting to be waiting years.
Suspect the robots that build the cars in Berlin may well be made in China 🤣

Given my recent experiences with VWs, I think the days of superior engineering are long gone.

Suspect the robots that build the cars in Berlin may well be made in China 🤣

Given my recent experiences with VWs, I think the days of superior engineering are long gone.
Totally agree. My VW TY6.1 van has had so many problems in the last 3 years. Faulty LED headlamp, leaking windows, soft close side door that no longer soft closes. Worst sound system I have ever had as they now use plastic in the door cards rather then metal. When adding AD blue it doesn't recognise you have added AD Blue. Both side windows would only go up so far a jam!! The list could go on. Its been back to VW so many times.

Anyone looked at insurance quotes yet?
I'm 25+NCB, with wife on policy, area is ok
£660 with £100 Voluntary excess (upping that doesn't change it) that's with Hastings
Anyone got much cheaper?

Just done a check with Esure direct (my current Land Rover is with them) - they want £150 for the last 5 weeks of my policy 😵 I don't think I'll be using them come renewal in Dec!

I’m curious why so many are convinced there will be something ‘better’ than sensors… Why do you think this. If auto headlights and wipers are a struggle then this indicates the absolute opposite. I’m looking forward to videos comparing…

Anyone looked at insurance quotes yet?
I'm 25+NCB, with wife on policy, area is ok
£660 with £100 Voluntary excess (upping that doesn't change it) that's with Hastings
Anyone got much cheaper?

Just done a check with Esure direct (my current Land Rover is with them) - they want £150 for the last 5 weeks of my policy 😵 I don't think I'll be using them come renewal in Dec!
Got similar ball park - £700 (similar NCB and in mid-Cheshire)

M3P quote was £540

Both with Flow (LV)

Reactions: AndyWarrington
I’m curious why so many are convinced there will be something ‘better’ than sensors… Why do you think this. If auto headlights and wipers are a struggle then this indicates the absolute opposite. I’m looking forward to videos comparing…
I wonder why folks need sensors in the first place but guess that's another discussion!

• Funny
Reactions: DeejUK and daveface