Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks, newbie to the forums here, so apologies if this isn't the right place to post!

I ordered a Model Y Performance on 15th October, at 11:38. I got the "Prepare for Your Model Y Delivery" email on 7th January, and started getting all excited. The My Account page in the Tesla website still says the "we'll reach out nearer the time" thing.

I know originally they said MYP would be "mid 2022". The email got my hopes up that maybe there was a batch coming sooner than expected.

I'd ideally like a Y before July, as we've got a UK-Norway road trip planned. We've got a Model X 90D, and the range on a LR or Performance Y should be longer, and being limited to Type 2 Mennekes Superchargers is a tad worrying. I'm trying to work out whether to order a LR, or hold out for the Performance. I figured if I was downgrading from an X, I should at least get something that goes faster :)
There is no evidence that the mid-2022 estimate is going to be missed for orders placed when it was being quoted. But, given values and if you have the choice, you could place a MYLR order now, keep the MYP order active, and when MYP has an actual date, make your decision then. You might choose to flip the MYP immediately... for quite a tidy profit.

There is no evidence that the mid-2022 estimate is going to be missed for orders placed when it was being quoted.

Thanks, that's reassuring to read. Up until now I've mostly used Electrek for news, so it's great to leverage the more detailed knowledge of folks on this 'ere forum.

You might choose to flip the MYP immediately... for quite a tidy profit.

Hmm... You know what, I totally hadn't thought of that! If I cancel an order, the only thing I lose is the £100 reservation fee, right?

You can get your reservation fee back. Just need to ask for it.

I have a YP on order since day one. I also ordered a YLR 2 weeks ago which is down for mid March delivery. Will see if I’m happy with the LR when the P comes and either swap or cancel the P. No confirmation yet that P will be mid 2022 for some or all are delayed until late 2022.

Bad news folks. I sent an email to the delivery team on Friday, and just got a call back.

The lady that called me said that the Model Y Performance RHD is delayed until "the end of the year", and that delay does affect existing orders. She said that if I want a Long Range instead, I should email them detailing the spec and that this would count as a change to the order rather than a new one. I didn't ask what the benefits of that would be, but presumably it gets us higher up the queue or something?

Bad news folks. I sent an email to the delivery team on Friday, and just got a call back.

The lady that called me said that the Model Y Performance RHD is delayed until "the end of the year", and that delay does affect existing orders. She said that if I want a Long Range instead, I should email them detailing the spec and that this would count as a change to the order rather than a new one. I didn't ask what the benefits of that would be, but presumably it gets us higher up the queue or something?
First time I’ve heard that and a little late for me😩 I changed from P (ordered 1st day) to LR 2 weeks ago and must have moved down the Q, estimated delivery May/June. Planning on just going with boost upgrade (£1500) which while not quite P performance drops 0-60 from 4.8 to 4.2secs. With regenerative braking I came to the conclusion performance brakes not a deal breaker as I won’t be on any track days. Will see what trade in deals are like next year

First time I’ve heard that and a little late for me😩 I changed from P (ordered 1st day) to LR 2 weeks ago and must have moved down the Q, estimated delivery May/June. Planning on just going with boost upgrade (£1500) which while not quite P performance drops 0-60 from 4.8 to 4.2secs. With regenerative braking I came to the conclusion performance brakes not a deal breaker as I won’t be on any track days. Will see what trade in deals are like next year
Just received text saying “your vehicle is on the way” So yesterday expected delivery was May / June, today account says 13th-20th March 👍 Not sure if sounding off to CS yesterday had anything to do with it but hey ho. No Vin appearance yet though but fingers still crossed 🤞🏻

I just think there are literally boat loads of Y’s on the way over. Bound to have cancellations etc. If you were borderline may/June it’s likely you will get March.

I’m taking delivery of a LR 6 weeks after ordering. Still keeping that day one P reservation

Late 22 for UK YP’s could mean 4680’s

00E5013A-C62C-4601-A462-57E653487A71.jpeg

Just received text saying “your vehicle is on the way” So yesterday expected delivery was May / June, today account says 13th-20th March 👍 Not sure if sounding off to CS yesterday had anything to do with it but hey ho. No Vin appearance yet though but fingers still crossed 🤞🏻
My Y is showing as May 6th to June 3rd - going to be refreshing frequently now in the hope mine changes to an earlier date!

This wait and uncertainty for the MYP to arrive is killing me! 😝
So much so that yesterday I decided to go for a MYLR test drive (to help me wait, at least that was one of the excuses).
This car is truly fantastic! I think I’ve made it worst I cannot wait!! And incidentally I managed to double check it fits in my garage and my recently installed charger works 👌
I know that we keep hearing conflicting rumours and contradicting info from Tesla, but for what it’s worth sharing what the more knowledgeable TA at the SC said to me (which I take with a big pinch of salt..). He basically said he had no reason to think the initial info they’d receive didn’t stand anymore: I.e. first MYP deliveries and test drives in June, and coming from Germany - but also that yeah with Tesla things can be a bit unpredictable so we’ll see 🤷‍♂️