Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MYP on order since November and test drove a MYLR this week. Part of the reason was to see if I wanted to change to the LR now that some have suggested the MYP might be delayed to the end of the year. My conclusion was a definite no to the LR and I'm waiting for the P as originally planned. I'm sure there are other lurkers here like me wondering about the same question. So why stick with the P?
1) The LR felt significantly under-powered compared to the M3P I previously tested, and compared to my old Cayenne Turbo. While undoubtedly the MYLR acceleration was blistering at low speeds (<20mph) it just doesn't feel as progressive after that whereas the M3P pulls hard up to more like 60mph so I assume the MYP will too.
2) The ride was fine on the larger wheels and nowhere near as bad as I expected it to be from the reviews. I would say on poor/broken country b-roads it felt just like the Cayenne Turbo in sport mode (air suspension). Not uncomfortable although you do feel the bumps. I wonder if some people feel its a poor ride because you hear the bumps which isn't as noticeable in a petrol car driven hard. Anyway even if the sports suspension and bigger wheels on the P are a bit firmer I think I'm going to be fine with that.
3) The sales people at Winchester were very sure that orders like mine from November (when the web site said mid-2022 delivery,) are still due to be delivered mid year and that the later delivery estimate only applies to new orders. I mentioned that other people seemed to have been told by Tesla that the delay applied to all MYP orders but again the Winchester people told me that was not the case and they were still expecting the first MYP orders to come in the middle of this year. They also said that they are expected to come from China and that they are not expected to have the 4680 batteries. Of course I have no idea who will prove right but it doesn't seem like its 'confirmed' that all MYP orders are delayed.

I still have a day 1 P on order. Take delivery of a LR in a weeks time. Will part ex for the P if it comes with a parcel shelf from Berlin.
How much would you assume you might lose on the part-ex after 3 months if you did that? I know residuals are meant to be good but when people can get a new one with a few months wait I assume the bid/offer is still at least a few £1000s ?

Reactions: Rooster6655
Just got an 'update' on my order - end of Jan with the original delivery date of mid-22 - They estimate MYP deliveries in Q3 now, so possibly technically still mid-22. One thing has been quite constant in the communication I've had and that is the RHD MYP will be coming from Shanghai in the sam
Screenshot_20220313-130311_Gmail.jpg
e way as the LR as 👍

How much would you assume you might lose on the part-ex after 3 months if you did that? I know residuals are meant to be good but when people can get a new one with a few months wait I assume the bid/offer is still at least a few £1000s ?
I’m not sure. If it’s a few grand I might be tempted. More then it won’t be worthwhile. (Not like it’s really worthwhile anyway!)

Perhaps the Y will see a price increase soon like the 3. Btw every discussion I have had with Tesla has said P from Berlin.

I’m not sure. If it’s a few grand I might be tempted. More then it won’t be worthwhile. (Not like it’s really worthwhile anyway!)

Perhaps the Y will see a price increase soon like the 3. Btw every discussion I have had with Tesla has said P from Berlin.
Good luck next week for LR, I’m picking mine up this Friday (had to get dealer to change date from tomorrow as I need tow bar this week on my trade in F-Pace). Still haven’t decided on placing new MYP order, will give LR with AB a week or 2 and take it from there.

Good luck next week for LR, I’m picking mine up this Friday (had to get dealer to change date from tomorrow as I need tow bar this week on my trade in F-Pace). Still haven’t decided on placing new MYP order, will give LR with AB a week or 2 and take it from there.
Thanks! You too! Can I have a spin in your with AB 😂 I will be tempted but I can already hear the wife grief

Looks like Berlin P production has started. No news if the line can handle LHD/RHD easily. I think those with a ‘mid 22’ date when ordering will still get it then.

Can’t wait to see the Berlin Y. See what differences there are over MIC. I’m betting a parcel shelf will feature! No sign of the new colours yet.

Reactions: drumkills
I've has my MYP (replacement for my M3P) on order since November and my lease company are still telling me its going to June 15th-ish.

Is this utter rubbish?? And should I look to change to the MYLR??

I haven't test driven the MY yet, but performance wise it doesn't look to drastically slower than my MP3?

1) The LR felt significantly under-powered compared to the M3P I previously tested, and compared to my old Cayenne Turbo. While undoubtedly the MYLR acceleration was blistering at low speeds (<20mph) it just doesn't feel as progressive after that whereas the M3P pulls hard up to more like 60mph so I assume the MYP will too.
Having driven a M3 LR with AB and a M3 P, there's next to no difference, especially after the very brief and fairly unpleasant initial jolt. I don't therefore see how a MY P will be much different to a MY LR with AB. You're not going to get the same feeling in a MY as you do in a M3 (and I'm saying as somebody who's had a M3 for a year and now has a MY).

I agree the suspension on the Model Y isn't as bad as I expected, helped enormously by letting out 8psi on each tyre - Tesla need to be shot for this.

Would the UK not of already got the P if it was coming from China? I think China are churning out P’s.

Not even Europe seem to be getting MYP deliveries so I think they're only in production in the US.

I've has my MYP (replacement for my M3P) on order since November and my lease company are still telling me its going to June 15th-ish.

I haven't test driven the MY yet, but performance wise it doesn't look to drastically slower than my MP3?
I think the only truthful answer is nobody really knows. Lots of speculation and service centres saying stuff, but historically they've not been that reliable with the really hot news.

This I think this is the first date I've seen offered for MYP - luckily around the time I'm expecting them too so hopefully it's a sign of progression with the P and mine comes at a similar time 🤞👍