Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this reduce range? As a keen cyclist, I know that I have to put in more effort when my tyres aren't full-to-bursting.
Taking 8 psi out was to get it back down to the recommended 42 psi pressure from the 50 psi transportation pressure that isn't being corrected before cars are being handing over to customers. We are not talking about under-inflating by 8 psi.

8 psi higher pressure will give you better range, as you end up with less surface area in contact with the ground, but you also lose grip, have an awful ride and will wear your tyres quickly.

I’ve a P on order since day one. But took delivery of a YLR last week, replacing a 3LR. I’ve been blown away. It’s awesome. Million times better than my 2020 3. Not sure P is worth £8k more than a LR with 20 wheels which look awesome. Still to decide to PB or not. But so far I’m well impressed with the LR. Probs won’t swap. See what trade in is like when P is ready for UK.

Reactions: drumkills
After ordering an MYP on launch day this is the latest update I got yesterday

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email. The website and latest update we have had is late 2022, we have no indication of when Berlin built models will start coming to the UK. At this time it will continue to be Shanghai built. Please keep checking your account on a regular basis and the SMS journey will begin when we start the check-out and delivery time line.

I'm not sure how useful an update this is, but when I was at Dartford service centre for a MYLR test drive, the folks there hadn't heard anything more about Performance deliveries. It was the opinion of the chap I was speaking to that no-one customer-facing at Tesla was likely to know what was really going on, likely as a decision hadn't been make yet and that the world is too volatile what with invasions and covid shutdowns. He also pointed out that the test drive fleet gets delivered at the same time as customer cars, so there won't be any real chance to test drive a MYP before delivery.

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I've ordered a Model Y LR with a delivery estimate of May / June. I originally ordered an Audi Q5 TFSie to replace my diesel Q5 that has been faultless in the 50,000 miles I've driven it, but following the recent fuel issues I thought I would go full electric. Of course, whilst waiting I've spent ages looking through YouTube and written reviews of the Model Y, none of which have been totally glowing, highlighting things like phantom braking, poor visibility, lack of CarPlay, poor ride etc., whilst praising performance. My Q5 has great matrix headlights, a 360 degree camera, a beautiful finish inside and out, is quiet and has a lovely ride which were some of the things highlighted in the reviews. I did have a drive of the Q4 which was nice but not great and I was also concerned about lack of charging infrastructure. I realise that most of you on here will have bought a Tesla for other attributes, but do any of you regret your purchase (honestly please)? Thanks

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I've ordered a Model Y LR with a delivery estimate of May / June. I originally ordered an Audi Q5 TFSie to replace my diesel Q5 that has been faultless in the 50,000 miles I've driven it, but following the recent fuel issues I thought I would go full electric. Of course, whilst waiting I've spent ages looking through YouTube and written reviews of the Model Y, none of which have been totally glowing, highlighting things like phantom braking, poor visibility, lack of CarPlay, poor ride etc., whilst praising performance. My Q5 has great matrix headlights, a 360 degree camera, a beautiful finish inside and out, is quiet and has a lovely ride which were some of the things highlighted in the reviews. I did have a drive of the Q4 which was nice but not great and I was also concerned about lack of charging infrastructure. I realise that most of you on here will have bought a Tesla for other attributes, but do any of you regret your purchase (honestly please)? Thanks
No regrets here, I love the Model Y. Reviews are all over the place depending on their motives and bias. I was a little worried about various reports of a poor ride, but they were unfounded. The thought of ever having to drive a diesel after owning a Tesla for 4 years gives me the shivers! But you do have to be prepared for change. Some people are just not wired to do things differently. At first I missed having a full 360 degree camera view, but soon forgot about it. I just use Tesla Spotify for music. There's a Tidal App now too, but I haven't tried it yet. Headlights are matrix, but not currently programmed to work selectively on full beam, so you will probably find that a downgrade from your Audi. Finish on our MY is actually very good as long as you appreciate the minimalist approach. It's not for everyone, but I love it.

No regrets here, I love the Model Y. Reviews are all over the place depending on their motives and bias. I was a little worried about various reports of a poor ride, but they were unfounded. The thought of ever having to drive a diesel after owning a Tesla for 4 years gives me the shivers! But you do have to be prepared for change. Some people are just not wired to do things differently. At first I missed having a full 360 degree camera view, but soon forgot about it. I just use Tesla Spotify for music. There's a Tidal App now too, but I haven't tried it yet. Headlights are matrix, but not currently programmed to work selectively on full beam, so you will probably find that a downgrade from your Audi. Finish on our MY is actually very good as long as you appreciate the minimalist approach. It's not for everyone, but I love it.
Many thanks. Gives me greater confidence to proceed. How did you cope with having to use the screen for everything as some people say it is distracting when performing routine tasks?

I owned a new Audi q5 for 3 and half years and really enjoyed it. I have driven my MYLR for a month now and 1500miles. I wouldn't change my Tesla for 10 Audi Q5s! I never felt like this a bout the Audi - i just liked it. Even the thought of driving a Q5 for a day would feel me with dread. Sorry to sound so dramatic - but i love my Tes!

Many thanks. Gives me greater confidence to proceed. How did you cope with having to use the screen for everything as some people say it is distracting when performing routine tasks?
No problem at all. It's very intuitive and requires minimal interaction while driving. If you can operate a smartphone, iPad etc then it's much the same kind of experience. It's worth spending a little time familiarising yourself with it before first driving, but it soon becomes second nature. I much prefer it to a conventional dashboard. Another thing I don't miss!

do any of you regret your purchase (honestly please)?

I'm happy to share what experience I have, and I think it's great that you're reaching out to folks.

I've had a Model X since 2017. Before that I had a Renault Zoe since 2013. My missus has been driving since about '99, and has driven way more things than me. Our Model X got the front ripped off of it by a lorry (I was about 50cm and a few degrees from being flattened) and we had quite a few courtesy cars as a result, including a Mercedes S-class, and a Range Rover something-or-other. So my comparisons won't be super-relevant, and take them with a pinch of salt.

I don't regret the Model X at all, even though it was insanely expensive and could have paid for posh school for one of the kids, or a flat deposit or something. The missus really loves it, and is loathed to get rid of it when the Model Y Performance we've ordered eventually shows up.

The screen... I don't like the absence of physical buttons. I studied human-computer interaction at Uni, and started a usability engineering department at my first workplace. There are definite downsides to not having physical buttons, as you can't feel your way to buttons by touch, and have to glance away from the road. However, you've got Autopilot for those moments. I'd also add that, given the limitations of a touchscreen-only device, the Tesla UI is very usable. Trying to navigate to various nested options in the Mercedes S-class was such a nightmare that it became distracting in a different way - the cognitive load of figuring out which menu level I was in and where to find the right option was distracting in a different, more frustrating way. The only time it's really been an issue for me is when I've wanted to type something into Spotify search whilst driving on roads that aren't suitable for Autopilot.

Spotify in the car is awesome, and the whole family love it. The kids love the games when we're parked up waiting for someone or something. The fart machine is great fun with kids/immature adults. Flooring it at traffic lights never gets old (we're yet to be beaten). We've not used CarPlay, so I can't really compare to that. Occasionally I'll use Bluetooth audio for something that I can't find on Spotify, or a USB stick for obscure unsigned acts from twenty years ago.

Phantom braking on Autopilot is mildly irritating, but has never been dangerous to me. Think of Autopilot like riding a horse - it's good to have another set of eyes on the road, but you don't trust it completely, and it needs supervising. Sometimes it'll 'get spooked'. Occasionally I have to drive with it turned off (maybe I don't reassure it that I'm paying attention enough, even though I am) and it's a right pain in the arse having to actually drive on motorways, so I would definitely miss it.

The Supercharger network is bloody great. Far more reliable than any other network I've used, and we were driving electric in 2013 when it was all nascent.

I've had issues with my Model X, but it was one of the first delivered in the UK, so my issues with it are hopefully not relevant. The plastic panels inside rattled when listening to the DOOM 2016 soundtrack with the bass on full; the falcon wing doors squeaked; the falcon wing doors rubbed the paint off; the keyfobs refuse to recognise me as me, and log me in as the missus; I beeped the horn so much via the app in the 'clap for keyworkers' phase of lockdown that it stopped working; I suffered the eMMC failure and the bloody indicators stopped working. So it's not been all roses, but I saw those as 'early adopter' issues for a ridiculously complex car. I'm hoping for all our sakes that the Model Y is much more tried-and-tested, as it's a simpler vehicle produced at much larger volume.

I'm guessing physical build quality won't be as good as a German car, but the software feels like going from a Nokia 3310 to an iPhone.

I don't know how much of the above applies, but hopefully it helps in some small way.

@HowieR Have you booked a Model Y LR test drive? In my area they were quite available, I think I managed to get one the next day.

Reactions: frasax
I'm happy to share what experience I have, and I think it's great that you're reaching out to folks.

I've had a Model X since 2017. Before that I had a Renault Zoe since 2013. My missus has been driving since about '99, and has driven way more things than me. Our Model X got the front ripped off of it by a lorry (I was about 50cm and a few degrees from being flattened) and we had quite a few courtesy cars as a result, including a Mercedes S-class, and a Range Rover something-or-other. So my comparisons won't be super-relevant, and take them with a pinch of salt.

I don't regret the Model X at all, even though it was insanely expensive and could have paid for posh school for one of the kids, or a flat deposit or something. The missus really loves it, and is loathed to get rid of it when the Model Y Performance we've ordered eventually shows up.

The screen... I don't like the absence of physical buttons. I studied human-computer interaction at Uni, and started a usability engineering department at my first workplace. There are definite downsides to not having physical buttons, as you can't feel your way to buttons by touch, and have to glance away from the road. However, you've got Autopilot for those moments. I'd also add that, given the limitations of a touchscreen-only device, the Tesla UI is very usable. Trying to navigate to various nested options in the Mercedes S-class was such a nightmare that it became distracting in a different way - the cognitive load of figuring out which menu level I was in and where to find the right option was distracting in a different, more frustrating way. The only time it's really been an issue for me is when I've wanted to type something into Spotify search whilst driving on roads that aren't suitable for Autopilot.

Spotify in the car is awesome, and the whole family love it. The kids love the games when we're parked up waiting for someone or something. The fart machine is great fun with kids/immature adults. Flooring it at traffic lights never gets old (we're yet to be beaten). We've not used CarPlay, so I can't really compare to that. Occasionally I'll use Bluetooth audio for something that I can't find on Spotify, or a USB stick for obscure unsigned acts from twenty years ago.

Phantom braking on Autopilot is mildly irritating, but has never been dangerous to me. Think of Autopilot like riding a horse - it's good to have another set of eyes on the road, but you don't trust it completely, and it needs supervising. Sometimes it'll 'get spooked'. Occasionally I have to drive with it turned off (maybe I don't reassure it that I'm paying attention enough, even though I am) and it's a right pain in the arse having to actually drive on motorways, so I would definitely miss it.

The Supercharger network is bloody great. Far more reliable than any other network I've used, and we were driving electric in 2013 when it was all nascent.

I've had issues with my Model X, but it was one of the first delivered in the UK, so my issues with it are hopefully not relevant. The plastic panels inside rattled when listening to the DOOM 2016 soundtrack with the bass on full; the falcon wing doors squeaked; the falcon wing doors rubbed the paint off; the keyfobs refuse to recognise me as me, and log me in as the missus; I beeped the horn so much via the app in the 'clap for keyworkers' phase of lockdown that it stopped working; I suffered the eMMC failure and the bloody indicators stopped working. So it's not been all roses, but I saw those as 'early adopter' issues for a ridiculously complex car. I'm hoping for all our sakes that the Model Y is much more tried-and-tested, as it's a simpler vehicle produced at much larger volume.

I'm guessing physical build quality won't be as good as a German car, but the software feels like going from a Nokia 3310 to an iPhone.

I don't know how much of the above applies, but hopefully it helps in some small way.

@HowieR Have you booked a Model Y LR test drive? In my area they were quite available, I think I managed to get one the next day.
Many thanks for all your feedback. I booked a second test drive today and felt a lot better about the car. I thought the ride was OK and I managed to get my head round the screen by spending a few minutes with it before setting off. It seemed well put together and there were no rattles or squeaks, albeit I only drove the car for around 45 minutes. the only thing I really missed was the 360 birds eye view camera when parking as I thought that the turning circle was quite wide compared to my Q5, but I guess that you adapt to the car over time. The sales person said that Tesla were going to release a software update to implement 360, but I'll take that comment with a pinch of salt as when searching on Google Elon said it was going to be coming soon - and that was in 2018! On balance it's probably going to be a thumbs up to splash the cash!

I’ve a P on order since day one. But took delivery of a YLR last week, replacing a 3LR. I’ve been blown away. It’s awesome. Million times better than my 2020 3. Not sure P is worth £8k more than a LR with 20 wheels which look awesome. Still to decide to PB or not. But so far I’m well impressed with the LR. Probs won’t swap. See what trade in is like when P is ready for UK.
I agree entirely, had only driven M3P on test drive but more than happy with MYLR performance. I drove my MY for a week then upgraded to AB. You can feel a little difference from the off but it does bring a smile to my face hoping I get stopped in front row at lights and I saved £8.5K 😂

I’ve had a P on order since day one. Zero updates formally. No further info if they come from Berlin. I’ve had no confirmation ‘mid 22’ orders have slipped to ‘late 22’, like for new orders. Sorry, to answer your question. No. Not yet.

I received this yesterday from my lease company (who I’ve ordered 4 Tesla from before and are normally quite accurate)??
Fingers crossed.

Your new TESLA MODEL Y HATCHBACK Performance AWD 5dr Auto - Solid - Black is due to arrive at the dealership approximately 23/05/2022.

We would normally expect delivery to yourself to take place a couple of weeks after this date.

I received this yesterday from my lease company (who I’ve ordered 4 Tesla from before and are normally quite accurate)??
Fingers crossed.

Your new TESLA MODEL Y HATCHBACK Performance AWD 5dr Auto - Solid - Black is due to arrive at the dealership approximately 23/05/2022.

We would normally expect delivery to yourself to take place a couple of weeks after this date.
When was the order placed? This doesn’t even really fit within the ‘mid 22’ original estimate before it slipped. My opinion is it’s bollox but who knows…