Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called Tesla this morning to change my collection centre back to Staines.
Tesla agent confirmed that RHD MYP are only coming from Shanghai and that we should expect VINs in the next few weeks. Deliveries are still expected in Dec.
I asked about the constantly changing EDDs and she said that we shouldn't rely on these because they are not accurate.
Back to Staines from where? Has it had any effect on EDD?

I would not be happy handing cash over without a definite delivery date.
Normally when you buy a car the payment is made at point of collection.

Before Tesla will put a reg plate on your car and confirm 100% a delivery you need to email them proof of payment, even the deposit if its financed. You'll get a text message like this Tesla Update - Your delivery date is fast approaching. As another reminder, please arrange payment as soon as possible. Proof of payment must be emailed to [email protected] at least 5 days prior to your appointment or it may be postponed. For any questions, please call us on +44 (0)xxxxxxxxxx. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

When that's done you'll get another message, giving the reg number so you can insure the vehicle. I did my payments 7 days prior to collection. If you don't sent the money at least 5 days before you'll simply lose your car and slot and have to wait for another one to come in.

Before Tesla will put a reg plate on your car and confirm 100% a delivery you need to email them proof of payment, even the deposit if its financed. You'll get a text message like this Tesla Update - Your delivery date is fast approaching. As another reminder, please arrange payment as soon as possible. Proof of payment must be emailed to [email protected] at least 5 days prior to your appointment or it may be postponed. For any questions, please call us on +44 (0)xxxxxxxxxx. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

When that's done you'll get another message, giving the reg number so you can insure the vehicle. I did my payments 7 days prior to collection. If you don't sent the money at least 5 days before you'll simply lose your car and slot and have to wait for another one to come in.
In a world of instant payments and online vehicle registration
I think the Tesla approach is Stone Age.

Reactions: Amrinder01
I also tried to get an answer from Tesla. Lease co gave me a RN to quote but Tesla told me my details didn't match it so they couldn't advise. This is so frustrating. I have the chance to switch my order to the MY LR for delivery Nov/Dec but the P is still showing as Jan-Mar on the main site.

I'd prefer the P but if it's going to be March then forget it, I'll go with LR - except nobody can give an answer to that question - arrrghhh!!

I also tried to get an answer from Tesla. Lease co gave me a RN to quote but Tesla told me my details didn't match it so they couldn't advise. This is so frustrating. I have the chance to switch my order to the MY LR for delivery Nov/Dec but the P is still showing as Jan-Mar on the main site.

I'd prefer the P but if it's going to be March then forget it, I'll go with LR - except nobody can give an answer to that question - arrrghhh!!
Hmm yeah I'm wavering now. However there's obviously no guarantee that Nov-Dec is realistic for new MYLR orders but I am giving up hope that my Jan-Mar 2023 will switch back to anything this side of Christmas.

Just spoke to Tesla on 01628 450660 and quoted my RN number which I got from my lease provider. Even though my details match what's on the account, they said I'd have to speak to my lease provider for the EDD which I've been told most recently is just December.

I asked him if there was any known delays which would push the MYP back to Jan to March and he said as far as he was aware, there isn't.

Lastly I asked if they were coming from Shanghai or Berlin, and he said Berlin. The only cars coming from Shanghai were MYLR/RW and M3LR/P. All the MYP we're coming from Berlin.

Just spoke to Tesla on 01628 450660 and quoted my RN number which I got from my lease provider. Even though my details match what's on the account, they said I'd have to speak to my lease provider for the EDD which I've been told most recently is just December.

I asked him if there was any known delays which would push the MYP back to Jan to March and he said as far as he was aware, there isn't.

Lastly I asked if they were coming from Shanghai or Berlin, and he said Berlin. The only cars coming from Shanghai were MYLR/RW and M3LR/P. All the MYP we're coming from Berlin.
I got similar call too, they asked me to complete details did not say where it is coming from. They told me uncompleted tasks means they have amber orders, they need orders to be green and if i need to change something I have until 2-3 weeks before delivery to change. The guy said he is fairly confident the business are serious about a MYP shipment this year to UK, but nothing else.

Reactions: AndyWarrington