Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This makes me feel old! 😂

Not quite 'hand cranking starters' old, but old.
Haha, it might make you feel better to know that I didn't get my licence until I was 30, as I previously lived in central London and there was absolutely no point in driving :) At the time we could just about afford the Renault Zoe, and I figured that I'd rather start off my driving history avoiding the problems of the past. Hence, I've never filled up at a petrol station!

Wo
Just have to figure out how to tell the wife there are no beeping parking sensors
Went from Birmingham to York to Bradford back to Birmingham the weekend and the range was really annoying… first time in an EV so maybe my driving style needs to adapt but although it wasn’t that bad it did feel like journeys take 10x longer due to recharging and how slow they take. At one services I was there nearly an hour and gave up waiting for it to charge. Left with 133miles and 110miles remaining of journey.

You get around 200miles out of a full charge.

The car itself - amazing. Really nice inside, great to drive, really smooth and relaxing. Other than the range it was such a stress free drive.
Looks a quality car!
If you’re getting 200 miles range . I think that’s ok - for me any way.
Thanks for sharing .

I have a MY LR already and have a MYP on order with estimated delivery date Nov-Dec. I've not had a trade in value on my MY LR yet.

I was really looking forward to getting a performance but I don't see how it's possible to drive safely without parking sensors. I am waiting for now to see what happens but most likely I will be looking to postpone until this is sorted out. If that's not an option, I will probably cancel my order. The MY is a big car. There is no visibility at the front and no POV camera to compensate.

I'm all for progress so if this can be replaced with vision, great but the USS should be there until that happens. I don't know how Tesla think this is acceptable, it's a totally insane proposal. Especially in the UK where parking spaces and manoeuvring is so tight.

I don't do that much driving at the moment but I've noticed a couple of situations lately where the winter sun completely obliterates the camera view for parking as well where I've ended up being totally dependent on the USS's.

I'm surprised that's it an acceptable situation for insurers as well as it's going to result in a lot of bumps and scrapes that would otherwise have been avoided.

Reactions: DeejUK
I have a MY LR already and have a MYP on order with estimated delivery date Nov-Dec. I've not had a trade in value on my MY LR yet.

I was really looking forward to getting a performance but I don't see how it's possible to drive safely without parking sensors. I am waiting for now to see what happens but most likely I will be looking to postpone until this is sorted out. If that's not an option, I will probably cancel my order. The MY is a big car. There is no visibility at the front and no POV camera to compensate.

I'm all for progress so if this can be replaced with vision, great but the USS should be there until that happens. I don't know how Tesla think this is acceptable, it's a totally insane proposal. Especially in the UK where parking spaces and manoeuvring is so tight.

I don't do that much driving at the moment but I've noticed a couple of situations lately where the winter sun completely obliterates the camera view for parking as well where I've ended up being totally dependent on the USS's.

I'm surprised that's it an acceptable situation for insurers as well as it's going to result in a lot of bumps and scrapes that would otherwise have been avoided.
There is a world wide shortage on parking sensors which would ruin the Tesla Q4 sale’s performance. Elon doesn’t like external sources like that effecting his business and he wants his Tesla Vision team to solely focus on making the cameras in the 2023 model do the work that the sensors did. If you wait longer you will still get a car with no parking sensors. See 1:28 here

Reactions: Sanjiv
I think a camera on the front should have replaced the sensors.
As it is there is a blind spot .
Also if it had been a fish eye camera the car would be able to move out from a blind exit .
Just my 2p.

Last edited:
Just received a pick-up appointment SMS from Tesla for my MYP ⚫️/⚫⚪

Tesla Action Required - Your Model Y collection appointment is scheduled for ***** on Saturday, 19 November at London, Brent Cross. Reply YES to confirm your attendance. Not ready for your Model Y or need help? Reply here.
Same here Friday 25th at Staines. No VIN yet, hidden or otherwise 🤷‍♂️. Still says “We are drafting up your invoice and will contact you to arrange your final payment” in my account.