Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did your lease provider give you an option for collection or delivery? Mine has always said that it'll be delivered, so not sure if i'll be getting these texts from Tesla.
They told me up until about 3 weeks ago that as it was a lease I could only have it delivered (despite asking to pick it up, they said it was not possible). Then a couple of weeks ago they said they had been asked by Tesla, due to there being so many deliveries scheduled for Q4, that it would need to be switched to a pick up. They were right. I wasn’t given a choice though, just sent the location and time/date from Tesla today.

I have a '68 MS P100D and I'm thinking about sticking with it. It's quicker, more features generally and I've already have the CCS upgrade and as it's a facelift, it has MCU2 so only thing I'd really miss is the heat pump and extra height... but the air suspension if great and the Ludicrous / Ludicrous+ Warp is crazy fun too plus it has USS and radar. The warranty runs out at the end of Jan but I can extend for 4 years for £3k... but the trade-in offered is £3k more than I paid for it and I still have the £3k discount locked in on the MYP... decisions, decisions...
I'd keep the model S. It's a thing of beauty.

Getting green with envy at you guys getting your texts. Still nothing here although only ordered in August 22

Reactions: 4monks
Just 3 months after my estimated delivery date, my MYP is coming. So excited to get into one of these, and my first EV.

Any advice for a newby welcome, I guess I’ll be watching all of the videos of Yanks as it seems there aren’t any Uk you tubers who want to tell us about the performance version.

Happy days though 😁
Guy at Tesla I spoke to this week said all MYP to UK are coming from Berlin and only MYRW/LR are Shangai.
got my VIN for my MYP and it’s from Shanghai - being delivered 23rd Nov.

Reactions: DeejUK
Just 3 months after my estimated delivery date, my MYP is coming. So excited to get into one of these, and my first EV.

Any advice for a newby welcome, I guess I’ll be watching all of the videos of Yanks as it seems there aren’t any Uk you tubers who want to tell us about the performance version.

Happy days though 😁

got my VIN for my MYP and it’s from Shanghai - being delivered 23rd Nov.
That’s because all the cars for the uk YouTubers are on the same boat as yours….and hopefully mine.

• Funny
Reactions: Sanjiv and fentor
Bristol, 26th November, red/black.

FWIW I am in a similar position with regards to the Ultra Sonic Sensors. Definitely angry they wont be on my new car, and I am coming from a 2015 S 85D, so it might feel like im losing functionality. I totally understand why someone might cancel and wait to see what happens...

BUT.

I do think, as an avid tesla obsessive, that the model Y is just a BIG step up from earlier S/X vehicles. The efficiency is WAY higher, the charge rate is massively higher. The build quality (no panel gaps!) is way better, and the computer in a new model Y is way better. I did pay for the MCU2 upgrade, and it was well worth it, but I did that maybe 2 years ago now, and feel I got my moneysworth from it. Its totally worth the money.

I'll also be losing free supercharge/connectivity, but TBH the actual yearly cost of these are trivial anyway next to a £73k new car...

I strongly get the impression that the only car tesla cares about right now is the model Y. The 3 is just not as profitable, and the S/X are relatively niche and will never scale much further. All the focus, all the tech, all the attention is lavished on the model Y. Its THE car to get, at least until cybertruck. My model S is still fab, but the range is not great, the charge speed not great, and the autopilot will never get any better. I bought in 2015, now feels the right time to upgrade.

I also think the Y is going to be insanely popular. One of the reasons I don't want to cancel now, and wait and see on the USS, is that I don't want to go to the back of the queue again. The removal of USS coincides with a camera upgrade. Maybe their replacement AI is even better? I'm sure there will be a ton of feedback here from people without USS. I have a pretty tight garage (at the back) so will be testing it to destruction :D
It is what
Insurance Question: I'm shopping around for an insurance quote - Does anyone know what kind of default security feature MYP has?

a) immobiliser
b) tracker
c) immobiliser & tracker
the question is too general but I would say it has all of them - only when you get into the nitty gritty can you say it doesn’t

Insurance Question: I'm shopping around for an insurance quote - Does anyone know what kind of default security feature MYP has?

a) immobiliser
b) tracker
c) immobiliser & tracker
Chatting about insurance in this thread too - might help spreading the knowledge?

Reactions: Sanjiv
Need some insurance advice..

Got my text this week, picking up my Black/Black MYP on the 26th from Brent Cross (day 1 order), so trying to sort out insurance now.

The issue is the policy for my current M3P is due to renew on the 9th January. Ive gone to my existing provider (Quotemehappy) and they basically say they don't cover the car, so im not sure what to do now. Im assuming its because they just haven't updated their systems as the car is not released yet, but not sure.

The problem, is that my current premium is over £3k because my wife only passed her test last year, and I already lost 6 months of NCD because direct line wouldn't insure her when she passed, so I had to switch mid policy. I didn't own a car for a few years before getting the M3P because I lived in central London, so I need the extra NCD, and don't want to miss out on it because of 6 weeks..

Cant really delay the order either, as will probably be reassigned and miss out this Q (plus im impatient, been waiting a year already)..

Need some insurance advice..

Got my text this week, picking up my Black/Black MYP on the 26th from Brent Cross (day 1 order), so trying to sort out insurance now.

The issue is the policy for my current M3P is due to renew on the 9th January. Ive gone to my existing provider (Quotemehappy) and they basically say they don't cover the car, so im not sure what to do now. Im assuming its because they just haven't updated their systems as the car is not released yet, but not sure.

The problem, is that my current premium is over £3k because my wife only passed her test last year, and I already lost 6 months of NCD because direct line wouldn't insure her when she passed, so I had to switch mid policy. I didn't own a car for a few years before getting the M3P because I lived in central London, so I need the extra NCD, and don't want to miss out on it because of 6 weeks..

Cant really delay the order either, as will probably be reassigned and miss out this Q (plus im impatient, been waiting a year already)..
Wow that's quite a quandary
My insurer wants me to pay an extra (30%!) £150 for the remaining 27 days of my current policy term, that's with Esure! Absolute joke!
I've managed to get to £660 for myself & wife, 25yr NCB each via Compare the market with Admiral. Guess you've already looked there?