Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 collections, tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now I've got my collection date & time sorted - time for insurance! Would be good to see how prices compare and if any other companies are offering insurance on the YP

I may as well start, E-sure (who I've got my Land Rover ins with) want an extra £150 for the remainder of my term (27 days!)
I've looked at compare the market etc, IRO £660 (Admiral) inc of compulsory £600 excess (regardless of how much is voluntary) for me, wife, 25+NCB decent area - will be a £300 increase on the LR but looks like options are limited still 🙄

Can get £560 (Hastings) if a box fitted <-- errr no thanks!

Anyone seen other options?

Now I've got my collection date & time sorted - time for insurance! Would be good to see how prices compare and if any other companies are offering insurance on the YP

I may as well start, E-sure (who I've got my Land Rover ins with) want an extra £150 for the remainder of my term (27 days!)
I've looked at compare the market etc, IRO £660 (Admiral) inc of compulsory £600 excess (regardless of how much is voluntary) for me, wife, 25+NCB decent area - will be a £300 increase on the LR but looks like options are limited still 🙄

Can get £560 (Hastings) if a box fitted <-- errr no thanks!

Anyone seen other options?
Admiral seems best for me - Can’t take out the policy until I have a Reg though which is annoying

Re the excess - you can take out insurance for the excess, which broadly speaking covers the excess if a claim is made on the main policy. In other words, £1,000 excess on the main policy. You do £500 of damage, the excess insurance doesn’t pay. But you do £1,500 of damage then the main policy pays £500 and the excess insurance cover pays £1,000.

we did this last year for our car but for some reason Direct Line at renewal dropped the excess from £600 to £350 for the same cost so we didn’t take excess cover out in year 2

Reactions: AndyWarrington
I’m looking at taking a Gap policy with AVA - they will cover and appreciation plus the gap to get a new car for the next 4 years. Also quite important for me with FSD likely to go up to £15k at some point. I added tyres scratches and dents for 3 years too. As I know some plonker will dent it eventually but at least I can share the video and laugh rather than pay out

I’m looking at taking a Gap policy with AVA - they will cover and appreciation plus the gap to get a new car for the next 4 years. Also quite important for me with FSD likely to go up to £15k at some point. I added tyres scratches and dents for 3 years too. As I know some plonker will dent it eventually but at least I can share the video and laugh rather than pay out
I'll look at GAP too. Will it cover the software enhancement too? Or just the vehicle itself?

It will get you car back to what you paid for on collection and invoice
you will of course have to write the car off first or arrange for it to be stolen
It has always concerned me the the original purpose of GAP, to cover people on finance from ending up owing money on a car they no long have, has now morphed into something that means there is a huge financial incentive at 3 years 11 months for something "unfortunate" to happen to your car

Reactions: Peteski
Had my trade in offer today. More than WBAC but less than Motorway. Anyone got recent experience of how accurate the Motorway quotes are?
I dabbled with Motorway - the initial value looked great but the offers that were coming in were 1k less than Tesla offered. I think the figures people talk about before the offers tend to be higher to lure you in.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
I sold our old car with Motorway last month. Once I uploaded detailed pictures the estimate dropped a few hundred. It was sold for exactly the estimate/reserve price. After a bit over a week the car was paid for and collected with no fuss. Was a good process.

I may accept the Tesla offer and pay my deposit, then try Motorway the week before. If it sells above Tesla trade in it’s a bonus. If not I’ve lost nothing. I’m fairly sure I can cancel the trade in a few days before delivery.

Reactions: rowedav
I may accept the Tesla offer and pay my deposit, then try Motorway the week before. If it sells above Tesla trade in it’s a bonus. If not I’ve lost nothing. I’m fairly sure I can cancel the trade in a few days before delivery.

I’m in a similar boat. Awaiting Tesla trade-in offer. I got an estimate a couple of weeks ago, which has now expired. Done another one (with pics this time) - didn’t need to before - so just waiting for the offer. Hopefully it won’t differ too far from the previous. Convenience is a big factor for me here so hoping to trade-in with Tesla so I can just drive to my collection and swap cars.

Do have the private sale or sell with Motorway or Carwow as options but bit more hassle and potentially time without a car.

Reactions: Lord Farquad
Try Cazoo, they offered me nearly 2k more than anyone, no quibbles, no money off when there, no fee to transfer money same day, whole process took less than 30 mins and money was in my account instantly. This was last week, as im now car less waiting for delivery of my tesla

JOB DONE!
Just had a look and they’re not competitive for my M3 🤣

Thanks anyway, worth a look