Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My brand new car was delivered (driven to my house by a Tesla employee) and first thing I saw was this before the driver even got out of the car.

I obviously wouldn't sign for the car until this was sorted out with a new wheel which they did without any problem at all.

I asked what was going to happen with the "Kerbed Wheel" and asked them if I could have it as a compensation gift to which after speaking with the head management they agreed to give me it.

Had it Re-Furbished since and now got a spare wheel.😊

If you don't ask you don't get.!!😁
View attachment 894830
Finally Tesla Winchester got around to sorting my wheel exchange out after nearly 2 months, and weekly cancelled appointments.

Asked for the kerbed wheel and told no. Love the consistency of the Tesla experience.

Very late delivery, damaged car on arrival and very poor PDI, USS removed at last minute with paid for features disabled, immediate price cuts after they got my money, non-eligibility for supercharger miles incentive, economy much worse than advertised…wow I feel really valued as a customer who just laid out £70k.

Please could you share more context? what ball is rolling (refund of difference, return of car? When did you collect?)

it'd be helpful to share so we can all hopefully get the best outcomes.
The tesla representative said I could not return the car as the 14 days have passed.
I informed him that my car arrived damaged and required a £1000 repair that has not been done yet.

I tried to call tesla 3-4 times over the past month without success.
I have requested a call back each time that I have never received. (Phone records available).
The return process has been made impossible by their lack of customer support.

I informed him I would be exercising my right to reject .

I was told a manager will contact me today.

The rules are clear.

3. Of satisfactory quality​

A brand-new car should be in perfect condition. If you go around it with a micrometer you may be able to find tiny variances in panel gaps, but every wheel should be pristine, every piece of metalwork gleaming and unmarked, and the interiorshould be blemish, smell and squeak-free.

I work in the motor trade and the courts won’t stand for cowboy DEALERS

3EA1FB6B-402F-46E6-AB1F-76E40249987E.jpeg

I have no intention to return the car but I’m so mad I may just do it to make a point .

😂

Last edited:
I love the myp. Got mine November 29th and since then I’ve swallowed all the bitter pills with a smile. Eg it only does 220 miles, public charging is ridiculous, road tax will come, and if id waited 2 weeks id have had 6000 supercharged free miles. I know buying new cars isn’t cost effective but the latest bitter pill is hard to swallow. An overnight loss of approximately £7000 on the residual value of the car to me has taken all the pleasure out of owning the thing. The overall cost of owning the car over 3/4 years will now be further hit by poor residuals. I appreciate its supply/demand but Elon surely needs to think about existing customer satisfaction and repeat future sales.

I love the myp. Got mine November 29th and since then I’ve swallowed all the bitter pills with a smile. Eg it only does 220 miles, public charging is ridiculous, road tax will come, and if id waited 2 weeks id have had 6000 supercharged free miles. I know buying new cars isn’t cost effective but the latest bitter pill is hard to swallow. An overnight loss of approximately £7000 on the residual value of the car to me has taken all the pleasure out of owning the thing. The overall cost of owning the car over 3/4 years will now be further hit by poor residuals. I appreciate its supply/demand but Elon surely needs to think about existing customer satisfaction and repeat future sales.
have you contacted Tesla yet?

I would be happy with 50,000 supercharger miles that have no time limit.

I don’t think we will get a refund of the extra we paid. Unless we return the cars.

Only a gift of sorts.

Last edited: