Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP wheel squeak every tire rotation help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hear the same sound on my new MYP...I can't hear it when windows are closed but I heard it going thru McDonalds drive thru...it's coming from the driver side... I "think" it's from front tire?

Not sure if it's a big deal

Best way to wreck your car. Always avoid SC if possible and go in well informed if you have to.

It is a tag inside the tire that is flapping. I had this problem on my MYP. It eventually shredded off but the SC can dismount the tire and remove the tag from inside the tire. The tag is plastic in nature and they jam it in the bead when mounting the tire. My MYP has the Michelins.
Sorta, yes and no. It's not jammed in when mounting, it's vulcanized into the rubber when the tire is manufactured. See my avatar pic at the 6 o'clock position.

If the tires weren't of a "stretched" profile, the barcode sticker wouldn't squeak against the wheel every rotation. It's not flapping, it's just rubbing against the bead surface of the wheel.

Recently picked my 23 MYP and having the same issue. The label thing makes sense. I am at 3k miles now and I still hear it every day as I drive though the security checkpoint at work. They know me as "squeaky tires"... Hoping it resolves itself soon.

Recently picked my 23 MYP and having the same issue. The label thing makes sense. I am at 3k miles now and I still hear it every day as I drive though the security checkpoint at work. They know me as "squeaky tires"... Hoping it resolves itself soon.
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the squeaky tire will squeak forever. That's why I got mine replaced at 10k miles under warranty.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the squeaky tire will squeak forever. That's why I got mine replaced at 10k miles under warranty.
Yours seems to be an outlier, lots of reports here of people not noticing it after a few thousand miles anymore. Mine is at 8k and I haven't heard it in months. Maybe it takes longer for some depending on exactly where the label was vulcanized, if it was off-center, etc...

Also... a good test would be to spray a bit of WD40 in the bead gap and then drive, curious if it would "penetrate" enough to alleviate it temporarily.

I have this same problem with y’all.
MYP 2022 with 15k miles.
Squeaking on a certain part of tire only on the front driver side. Tires are Michelin All Season4 tires. It makes a sound on low speeds and you will hear it when you drive into a parking structure, your garage or a drive thru where the sound bounces back. You won’t hear it when the windows are up or going on a high speed obviously due to wind noise.
Isolating each cause. Easy to difficult task:
1.Remove the center cap- sound still present.
2. Greased up the contact points on center cap- sound still present.
3. Removed H&R 10mm spacer- sound still present.
4. Re install spacers and greased contact points and hubs/lugs -sound still present.
5. While wheel is off the car, I sprayed tire dressing on the INNER lip of the tire where the rim and the rubber meets. Went away for a little but squeaking came back after freeway driving. I finally found the culprit and hoping it will go away as I drove it more.. but it didn’t go away.

6. I finally gave up and it makes me nuts. I am OCD with my car.. finally took it to a good tire shop. Unmounted the tires, inspected the rims, tpms and looked for any issues none. Finally we removed the white rectangle barcode sticker. Scraped that sh*t off. Mounted the tires back on.
So far no sound or squeaking. That small fakn sticker maybe is the real culprit of this whole thing. And I can’t believe it. I guess the tires are stretched that it may be the cause.
I will update everyone as I drive it more.

Good luck. Put your windows up and play you favorite Barry Manilow or Pearl Jam song or do what I did, solution #6.

😅😃😀😉😝

MARK / OMMG3

Yep, and the weird thing is, these Michelin T0 tires are manufactured to look stretched, but the actual width of them when new is correct for the wheels. In any case, this type of profile causes the barcode to have intermittent contact with the wheels.

I'm sorry you had to go through so many steps to narrow it down, that had to be frustrating!

Reactions: markg1018