Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nav Screen upside down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I see on the screen is upside down,

I expect the screen to be oriented so that roads and features in front of me are at the top of the screen and roads and features behind me to be at the bottom of the screen.

I can manually turn it round but it defaults to upside down (places and features ahead of me is at the bottom of the screen and roads and featrures behind me are at the top of the screen). Surely that's not right?

Top left there's a compass if you click on it it will toggle from always North to follow your direction. Mine was set like that at first too. I'd rather have the map rotate to show the direction I'm going.

I prefer North up, but the 'follow your direction' seems to be the only one that auto-zooms while you're navigating so I'm kinda forced to use it

Top left there's a compass if you click on it it will toggle from always North to follow your direction. Mine was set like that at first too. I'd rather have the map rotate to show the direction I'm going.
The compass is on North, when I press on it it goes to SW / press again - back to North (it simply toggles between N and SW)?

The compass is on North, when I press on it it goes to SW / press again - back to North (it simply toggles between N and SW)?
SW is probably the direction you're facing so with that setting it will turn as you move your car so the map will always be in the direction your car is pointing. so things that you're traveling towards will always be up top.

lets just hope it never rains🤞
200w.gif