Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEC Pick up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well 30 mins before the to take us to the railway station, call from Tesla good morning hope you are well , your car is at Stratford upon avon it is ready for you fully charged . We had to book train tickets (on the phone very easy to do ) Tesla will reimburse us for the extra trouble.
Got home 15:00 what a great drive !!

Reactions: AndyFov
Well 30 mins before the to take us to the railway station, call from Tesla good morning hope you are well , your car is at Stratford upon avon it is ready for you fully charged . We had to book train tickets (on the phone very easy to do ) Tesla will reimburse us for the extra trouble.
Got home 15:00 what a great drive !!
How do they not know where your car is? This doesn’t bode well for my pickup day.

That's madness! I am due to collect mine from the NEC tomorrow (I'm in Bromsgrove), so *really* hoping they don't change the location at the last minute. Not off to a good start if the car can't be delivered to the right place....
How was the collection service? First time Tesla owner and the experience has been surreal so far, and not always in a good way!

Experiencing delays picking up my used Tesla from NEC Birmingham. They claim due to an issue with the trucks bringing them in. Wasn't ideal to get a text less than 48 hours until pickup! Anyone else experiencing this?
Not recently but I did when I got my car before last. The decoded version of what they’ve told you is likely to be they wanted to use all logistics to get new cars delivered as it was end of the quarter. In my case they said the car had received minor damage to the rear bumper. With used cars, you/we are second class citizens

Very useful thank you! Explains a lot. I was fearful it was a cancellation of my order. Something I can't afford now I'm car-less! How much longer did you need to wait?
I know it’s frustrating and I’ll add it took 3 attempts to finally deliver mine, but it did appear in the end. Tesla also bought it back for more than I paid a year later when I bought a MY but sadly I doubt they’ll also do that for you. On a positive point, mine needed some warranty work and there were no issues with it being used. You’d expect there not to be, but at times you can never be sure with Tesla.

Hopefully within a few days of actually getting it the agro will all be forgotten.

Experiencing delays picking up my used Tesla from NEC Birmingham. They claim due to an issue with the trucks bringing them in. Wasn't ideal to get a text less than 48 hours until pickup! Anyone else experiencing this?
I’ve been told the same about mine, I was due to pick up Friday 31st. I really hope I can pick it up this week before the Easter weekend, I too am car-less.

Great if you can share when you have a collection date. George had a good theory. Now the quarterly deadline rush has passed, I don't think there will be any immediate rush to get the car out, particularly as it's used. Could be weeks but I'm hoping I prove myself wrong.

@redmamoth - definitely keen to hear what you hear back. I'm really surprised at how poor the experience is. I get that they're used cars, but we're not exactly talking cheap bangers on the local forecourt! I would have expected some kind of personal update outside of the account 'we are drafting up your invoice...' that's been sat there :( Not even getting to the trying to deliver stage and the whole time I am losing warranty which was the only reason I am buying through Tesla.

Reactions: AndyFov
Ha, I'm in the same boat @AndyFov - that would be the ultimate disappointment, to wait all that time and pick up the car from whatever random location they decide and see that it was a bargain because all the wheels are trashed, the interior is worn out and it's done 30K of performance launches and track time! 😂 Although, that said, there's a bunch of lovely M3s round my way and all fairly well priced, I'd just be without that extended warranty, so returning the car under distance selling and using the money elsewhere may end up being a thing.

Ha, I'm in the same boat @AndyFov - that would be the ultimate disappointment, to wait all that time and pick up the car from whatever random location they decide and see that it was a bargain because all the wheels are trashed, the interior is worn out and it's done 30K of performance launches and track time! 😂 Although, that said, there's a bunch of lovely M3s round my way and all fairly well priced, I'd just be without that extended warranty, so returning the car under distance selling and using the money elsewhere may end up being a thing.
Ok, so I called the 01628 450660 number, held for 10-15 mins until the 'press 1 for callback' option was available. They actually called me back pretty quickly today, within 5 mins or so, maybe that's because I've now paid in full for the vehicle.

The lady I spoke to basically re-confirmed the logics/transport issues, but then started back-tracking a little saying they need to do all their checks / work to make sure the car is ready etc etc. She still couldn't give me a date but re-affirmed the 2-4 week period for used vehicles (I've just hit 3 weeks). I explained how that would not have been a problem if I had not sold my existing vehicle off the back of the delivery date of 31st March which they gave me. I asked about the chances of getting the car before the bank holiday weekend, she couldn't say. She's passed it on to the 'site team' who will call me as soon as they can, I'm not holding out much hope.

I really hope the owning experience is better than this, as it's been dreadful so far.

Reactions: AndyFov and Matrel
Ok, so I called the 01628 450660 number, held for 10-15 mins until the 'press 1 for callback' option was available. They actually called me back pretty quickly today, within 5 mins or so, maybe that's because I've now paid in full for the vehicle.

The lady I spoke to basically re-confirmed the logics/transport issues, but then started back-tracking a little saying they need to do all their checks / work to make sure the car is ready etc etc. She still couldn't give me a date but re-affirmed the 2-4 week period for used vehicles (I've just hit 3 weeks). I explained how that would not have been a problem if I had not sold my existing vehicle off the back of the delivery date of 31st March which they gave me. I asked about the chances of getting the car before the bank holiday weekend, she couldn't say. She's passed it on to the 'site team' who will call me as soon as they can, I'm not holding out much hope.

I really hope the owning experience is better than this, as it's been dreadful so far.
Thanks for the update @redmamoth, that's really interesting. To be back at that 'helpful but unhelpful' stage after being given a collection date is really frustrating and underwhelming. I hear what others are saying about new cars consuming all the logistics/transport slots, but you would think they would have looked at whether that's the best way of doing stuff. I'm sure somebody knows, but why not just make Corby the used car collection site for those cars that have to go there for work? Seems like it would be far easier and cheaper for them, not as convenient as NEC for getting to, but hey.

I'm sure somebody knows, but why not just make Corby the used car collection site for those cars that have to go there for work? Seems like it would be far easier and cheaper for them, not as convenient as NEC for getting to, but hey.
Yeah, that would be the smart thing to do. Or at least give people the option to wait and collect from the NEC or collect now from Corby, I know what I would choose.

But then, this is the company that removed decades old tried and tested USS from their vehicles before even having a viable alternative.

Reactions: Matrel
Oh, I don't know. It's more nuanced than that. They'll have taken in thousands of cars in px, prepping them all and shipping to their seemingly random distribution points has to be a huge task. The ones sold in the inventory are, I presume, a small proportion, and the biggest chunk will go into the trade?

Then it's the Easter holidays and they might be light on staff. That all said, I suspect they know that if I don't buy the one I've reserved for £23k they can sell it to someone else for £25k easily enough if they wanted. I can appreciate why I'm no ones priority.

Still, I'd like to be in a position to swap this in for a nice new Y in a year or two, you'd kind of think they'd be a bit more eager to impress.