TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Need a UMC in Minneapolis area!

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by David99, Jun 28, 2017.

1. David99

David99 Active Member

I just left on a trip from Los Angeles to Minneapolis and realized I forgot my UMC. Anyone in the area who can borrow me one for a week?

Please pm me!

2. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

I obviously don't live in Minneapolis, but I'm curious about your lodging and charging situation while you're there. Are you going to be staying with family, where you were planning to charge at their house?

I'm just wondering why the need for using a UMC, which is only used for charging from outlets? There are a TON of J1772 and CHAdeMO, and even a Supercharger in Minneapolis, none of which need a UMC. If you're visiting family, couldn't you drop the car off at a nearby J1772, while they drive you back to their house?

But yes, there are a lot of Tesla owners there too. I just don't know if you would happen to catch one of them on the forum, so I was offering some other suggestions.

3. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

Ship overnight ?

4. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

I guess I'm still struggling to see why you even need it with a Supercharger and a bunch of charging stations there in the city.

5. vletnguyen

vletnguyen Member

PM me. I could loan you mine with refundable deposit?

• Like x 1
  6. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

David99 has been driving a Tesla for years and is a frequent contributor to this forum. If he wants a UMC on his trip, I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he has a good reason for it. He doesn't need to explain where he plans to plug into.

• Like x 1
  7. David99

David99 Active Member

We are staying at our place in a small town near Minneapolis. No public charging there. I have all extensions for the dryer outlet there, I've done it many tines. I just forgot to pack my UMC this time.

8. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I think you've answered your own question here. How is doing that more convenient than charging overnight, where the car is parked anyway?

9. JHawk

JHawk Member

Sent you a PM too.

You are probably coming across on I-80 but if you happen to be coming up I-35 or across on I-70 I would only be a few minutes out of your way and you can borrow one of mine. I charge at home on my UMC but bought a second one because I know I would forget to put mine in the car too if going on a trip.

Out of curiosity, did you happen to contact Tesla service to see if they would loan you one? I doubt they would but I think it be a nice service if they did. Similar to how some auto parts stores will loan you special tools if you need them.

10. Mrwatchdawg

Mrwatchdawg Member

I could overnight one if you want as long as you send it back :)

• Like x 1
  11. Rocky_H

Rocky_H Active Member

I never remotely suggested it was more convenient. But since he did not have his charging cable, and may or may not be able to find a place to get one, I was just suggesting something that could be a reasonable alternative.

• Like x 1
  12. TonyWilliams

TonyWilliams Active Member

I can hook you up in some method. Just call 844-EV-PARTS (844-387-2787)

• Like x 1
  13. David99

David99 Active Member

Thanks so much everyone! I have a few options now! I'm still on the road.

14. ColdRauv

ColdRauv Member

I am east of St. Paul if you still need a UMC.