Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need CCS adapter ASAP or advice...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New here so please move thread if needed.

Hello world. As the title states, I need to purchase or rent a ccs adapter within a week. Lectron just informed me they won't be back in stock until mid October. Purchasing my first tesla (p100d) about 650 miles from home from an independent dealer and presumably won't have access to the supercharger network for 5-7 business days to make it home. This is just going off what I read on tesla website and forums.
If there's anyone out there that could spare one for a couple days before/after October 4th I would gladly buy or rent their ccs combo1 adapter. Or if anyone has any ideas on how to get home by then that would be great!
Thanks!
Andrew

Just saw that it may be possible to add a payment method via the MCU after getting the "supercharging unavailable, add payment" error. If this is true then the problem would be solved. If anyone could confirm that for a 2016.5 MS P100D that would ease my mind completely

Check PlugShare for CHAdeMO stations on your route. If you can make it ,borrow an adapter from someone here. Lots of EVGO sites have a CHAdeMO site. It’s slow, but it will get you there.
Thanks for the suggestion, looking up for j1772 called for a very very long trip that wasn't possible with our schedule. Ended up taking a flight to inspect and purchase the car yesterday. Should have ownership transferred in time for our one way flight/drive home day I hope! Thanks!

New here so please move thread if needed.

Hello world. As the title states, I need to purchase or rent a ccs adapter within a week. Lectron just informed me they won't be back in stock until mid October. Purchasing my first tesla (p100d) about 650 miles from home from an independent dealer and presumably won't have access to the supercharger network for 5-7 business days to make it home. This is just going off what I read on tesla website and forums.
If there's anyone out there that could spare one for a couple days before/after October 4th I would gladly buy or rent their ccs combo1 adapter. Or if anyone has any ideas on how to get home by then that would be great!
Thanks!
Andrew
The last I heard is that Tesla disabled the aftermarket CCS adapters in latest software release. If anyone has any newer info, please reply.

• Helpful
Reactions: theslimshadyist
Thanks for the suggestion, looking up for j1772 called for a very very long trip that wasn't possible with our schedule. Ended up taking a flight to inspect and purchase the car yesterday. Should have ownership transferred in time for our one way flight/drive home day I hope! Thanks!
CHAdeMO isn’t j1772. It’s 50 KW dc charging. About half as fast as Tesla, but many times faster than ac.

Reactions: Lephturn