Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NEMA 14-50 Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a 14-50 adapter around 6/11 and it never shipped. I have sent onlineorders several e-mail messages about this shipment. (They charged my credit card) Well, I got no replies.

I then went to customer support chat and they can't find any order for me by order# or e-mail address. He is not sure if it is the tool he is using or if the order is simply gone into space. They suggested e-mailing the online store and I noted that I have 5 times!

He said he would send my information to them and I am going to send another message, with the confirmation message, to them as well.

Soon, the credit card issuer will need to be involved.

If hope this is not the normal way the online store operates!

• Helpful
Reactions: Texas Flood
I am quickly running out of people to talk to. When the online store chooses not to reply, you are in a world of hurt. I am hoping someone here would have an idea of the next steps. Have done:
Several e-mails to the store - unanswered
Chat with customer service - told no order
E-mail to customer service with e-mail confirmation attached.
Another e-mail to online store telling them about chat with customer service. As well, customer service is also messaging the store.

I was thinking of visiting my local service center/delivery center to see what I can get in person.

I have had a similar poor experience with the online store. i got an email from the store that the item was shipped, but no tracking information was provided. The item never came. Any two items from the same order shipped (1 with tacking and 1 without) and both arrived a few days after notification. I sent an email once a week to the online store asking for them to check. No response. Online chat claimed they could not assist with store orders at all, and said that every time I send an email to the store, it causes all of my emails to them to go to the back of the queue! I think the rep was just making things up at that point to get me off the chat.
So far...
5/14 Order placed
5/16 Item shipped email, no tracking info
6/3 The start of a weekly email that the item has not been received
6/21 Response email from the store (6/3 message) that FedEx appears to have lost the item and a replacement will be shipped in 24-48 hours

As of today, i still don't have the item. Love the car and the thoughtfulness of the design and software, but this aspect of ownership is kind of silly.

What I don't understand is why no one at Tesla can see into the orders at the Tesla Store. Not even Customer Support, Service Centers, Delivery Centers or it even seems the Tesla Management.

The one thing an online store needs to keep informed is the customer. Imagine if Amazon, or ANY other online store did not allow the customer to figure out what's happening to their order. Get a hint Tesla! Figure out how other online stores do customer support. Answer e-mails!

I have had a similar poor experience with the online store...

6/21 Response email from the store (6/3 message) that FedEx appears to have lost the item and a replacement will be shipped in 24-48 hours

As of today, i still don't have the item...
At least you got "something" from the store. I got the auto reply with the order# and that's it. (Except the charge on the credit card I had to pay!)

I am wondering if I sent a cancel order message to them it will be acted upon in the 5 days they give themselves. Just having the card issuer demanding repayment from Tesla may not be the best bet, but it may be my only way to get the credit back.

Sure, things are fine when everything works. I've ordered several things now and gotten them all. However, when one of them was overdue, I was stuck wondering because they have no way to check on an order status. I didn't get to the point where I was ready to start emailing them, but judging from this thread, there's just no way to get their attention short of filing a chargeback with the credit card company or tweeting Elon.

Somebody at Tesla desperately needs to pay attention to this problem.

I've ordered 3 different times from the Tesla store. No issues with any of those orders

Similar experience here. I ordered many things from the store at different times and everything was fine. The only thing I don't like is being able to look up an order on the site itself, to see order status. Instead, you have to rely on emails received (or not in some folk's cases).

Reactions: Bill Foster
I ordered a NEMA 6-20 adapter that took 3 weeks to show up with not so much as even an email.

As a result I just installed a 14-50 outlet because I needed to charge and at the time that came with the car. Between Amazon and Lowes I had the parts in 3 days and it took me about 2 hours to install. I should have saved the $40.

Tesla's online fulfillment like many parts of Tesla needs significant work.

I ordered a NEMA 6-20 adapter that took 3 weeks to show up with not so much as even an email.

As a result I just installed a 14-50 outlet because I needed to charge and at the time that came with the car. Between Amazon and Lowes I had the parts in 3 days and it took me about 2 hours to install. I should have saved the $40.

Tesla's online fulfillment like many parts of Tesla needs significant work.
You can return your 6-20

I’ve placed three online orders since I took delivery of my Tesla about a month and a half ago. All of them shipped within a couple days and were delivered within a week.

Sorry for the situation you’re in, but everyone should keep in mind these are outliers. Remember, there’s a selection bias in posting about online shopping experiences. Rarely do people post saying: “I ordered my part and it arrived!”

Sorry for the situation you’re in, but everyone should keep in mind these are outliers. Remember, there’s a selection bias in posting about online shopping experiences. Rarely do people post saying: “I ordered my part and it arrived!”

What's not an outlier is that if your order has problems, their support is crap. You'll notice there aren't any posts saying, "My order was late, but Tesla jumped right on it as soon as I emailed them."

Reactions: Timbo2