Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Netzero App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

offandonagain

Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2022
SF Bay Area
Many you have been using the app already, but I figured a proper announcement is in order since a lot has changed since the previous app (pwmon.io):

Netzero App is available for iOS and Android

Netzero adds several features over the Tesla app:
  • PVWatts estimates to diagnose issues: answer the question "Is this how much I should be producing right now?". Estimates are built directly into the daily/monthly/etc. solar charts.
  • Easy direct access to your Gateway/Powerwall+: get data about Powerwall degradation and temperature, individual string performance (available with PW+) and lots more diagnostic details.
  • Home dashboard: use the app on a wall-mounted tablet that's always on. All the important data is shown on one screen and the display will stay on while charging.
  • Emporia Vue integration: connect your Emporia account to see a detailed breakdown of your home usage with individual circuits ("Used By").
  • Improved data downloads: data with higher precision (W vs kW), more details, and with correct grid export data (fixing the bug in Tesla's app).
  • No personal data is collected or shared. Your credentials and API tokens are only shared with Tesla.
Feedback and feature requests are welcome!

Attachments

• 1-dashboard.png
    1-dashboard.png
    331.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 2-estimates.png
    2-estimates.png
    235.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 3-gateway.png
    3-gateway.png
    393.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 4-emporia.png
    4-emporia.png
    265.7 KB · Views: 83
  • ipad.png
    ipad.png
    305 KB · Views: 62
Regarding the apps name, since you are at the beginning here, are you aware that there is an internet service provider with that name? No idea if it is actually still an existing brand, but I definitely remember "NetZero" around a similar time frame as when "AOL" was a thing.

Just figured I would bring it up, only because I think this app, even in its current iteration, is something that is good enough to sell, so you might have designs on doing that at some point.

Im not a trademark expert (nor did I stay in a holiday inn express last night, to use another well worn out joke, lol) so I dont know if this might or might not impact you, just thought I would mention it.

Regarding the apps name, since you are at the beginning here, are you aware that there is an internet service provider with that name? No idea if it is actually still an existing brand, but I definitely remember "NetZero" around a similar time frame as when "AOL" was a thing.

Just figured I would bring it up, only because I think this app, even in its current iteration, is something that is good enough to sell, so you might have designs on doing that at some point.

Thanks, naming is hard :)

Nice improvements on the (Android) update today. I like the newly added data detail when you drag your finger along the timeline. The Tesla app has had that but the advantage with Netzero is that you see Solar, Home, PW, and Grid graphs all on one screen.

Thanks! And you just gave me the idea to show the details for all 4 charts when any one of them is dragged :)

Yes. In the menu select Gateway Diagnostics.

FYI, it won't work if your gateway software has been updated to the latest version
Ah yes, I haven't gotten the firmware update yet to investigate this. But I've been planning on using the new Tesla Pros APIs which should include the same information. It will likely require connecting to the TEG wifi to collect the data however.

Reactions: ParaAdBellum
Yes. In the menu select Gateway Diagnostics.

FYI, it won't work if your gateway software has been updated to the latest version

Just wanted to confirm: are you on the latest version and are not seeing the Powerwall degradation stats? Because another user reported this working:

Just wanted to confirm: are you on the latest version and are not seeing the Powerwall degradation stats? Because another user reported this working:

No. I'm still on 23.28

It works for me on 23.36 (gateway 1) as well.

BTW this is a really nice app. like I said in the powerwall companion app thread, this brings me back to quality "donation ware" type software where it was sort of scouts honor to donate something to the creator if you found it useful.

On that note, do you have a "buy me a coffee" page, or a paypal address I can send a donation? You can PM me if desired. This has nothing to do with TMC, just trying to say thank you for providing this with no strings.

On that note, do you have a "buy me a coffee" page, or a paypal address I can send a donation? You can PM me if desired. This has nothing to do with TMC, just trying to say thank you for providing this with no strings.

Thanks for the kind note! I don’t have anything set up, but I always appreciate an app review. (Review link is in the app menu.)