Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nevada Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Ordered 8/13/20 (finalized 2016 Model X trade-in on 8/17/20)
  • No VIN assigned yet
  • LR AWD
  • Exterior: Solid Black Paint, 20" Induction Wheels
  • Interior: Black and White Premium Interior
  • No FSD, no tow hitch
I received an email from my SA on 8/27/20 that they are expecting the delivery of our vehicle to be within the last 2 weeks of September. My Tesla account states the estimated delivery of 3-7 weeks from order placed date.

• Ordered 09/08/20
  • No VIN assigned yet
  • LR AWD
  • Interior: Black
  • No FSD, no tow hitch
The only correspondence I have received thus far is the “welcome to the family” email. Account states estimated delivery of 7 - 11 weeks from order placed date.

• No VIN assigned yet
  • LR AWD
  • No FSD, no tow hitch
I received an email from my SA on 8/27/20 that they are expecting the delivery of our vehicle to be within the last 2 weeks of September. My Tesla account states the estimated delivery of 3-7 weeks from order placed date.

Update: Appointment text received and VIN assigned on 9/17 (51XXX). Appointment set for 9/22/20 pick up. I'm so excited!

Model Y delivered!

The Las Vegas SC was quite busy this morning. A number of deliveries scheduled along with mine. There were a few employees in the lot but I was able to inspect my vehicle prior to going in to sign off and hand over the check.

The vehicle, in my opinion, surpassed my expectations. The quality, fit, and finish were all within spec. I did not see any noticeable panel gaps; there were a few minor cosmetic issues which are set forth:

1) There appears to be residue under the driver side trim;

2) The door handle for the driver is slightly recessed;

3) The driver door may be misaligned but not enough for me to bother with an appointment l;

4) There is a scuff/scratch in the rear plastic diffuser;

5) The front corner of the trim in passenger side looks like it might have tape still on it. I tried to pick it off but was not successful;

6) There is some sort of residue on the front passenger fender;

7) the plastic on the rear driver side seat seems to be misaligned but does not bother me; and

8) the weather strip on the front passenger door looks like it needs to be adjusted. You will see what I am talking about in the pictures.

Any potential issues with paint will be addressed when I take it next week to get wrapped. I will post a separate thread for that as well as interior updates (You May notice some alreadybinstalled in the pictures)

The only issue potential issue worth looking at but I can’t seem to capture it on camera is is on the passenger front door there are waves in the door. They are not dents but it definitely looks like it is thin metal. I am not well versed in auto body work to articulate how it looks but from the right angle, you can see waves in the metal.

1877B4F3-50A4-4D47-A095-965F3BB6045B.jpeg
A2272348-8341-43CF-B21A-B10097B89CF5.jpeg
3DF3E044-F24F-4A48-A415-817E719860E3.jpeg
C5C799CC-8E72-418D-95F7-CF677751C438.jpeg
1036C45A-27B9-4646-9560-C0DF1509066F.jpeg
E94AEA34-0436-4984-BC71-D350A231D1E2.jpeg
4F513A28-EEE7-40F3-9BEC-889D44931BDC.jpeg
7FEB3836-3C99-440D-A81D-35874C33FD8F.jpeg
F92887C3-E585-4275-9214-20D9615F17B5.jpeg

• Ordered 8/18
  • LR AWD Pearl White/White Int/20” Ind Wheels
  • No VIN assigned
  • Las Vegas, NV
On Sept 17th received a text from Tesla it would be ready for delivery 6-13 days. Havent had anymore updates as of today. Still waiting to hear back from then when i can schedule a delivery date.

Final update!
  • VIN assigned on 9/17/20 (51XXX)
  • LR AWD
  • No FSD, no tow hitch
  • Delivery: Original appointment text received on 9/17/20 for delivery appointment on 9/22/20. Received a call/VM on 9/19/20 that my Y arrived early and picked up same day.
Meet Storm; she's so beautiful! I'll miss my X, but excited for my new girl.

F823C4A4-1A3D-4717-BB55-10AE117E9417_4_5005_c.jpeg
0C1AB4E6-747C-42B0-B618-89BAFFA71053_4_5005_c.jpeg

so you got yours in only a couple weeks?

Model Y delivered!

The Las Vegas SC was quite busy this morning. A number of deliveries scheduled along with mine. There were a few employees in the lot but I was able to inspect my vehicle prior to going in to sign off and hand over the check.

The vehicle, in my opinion, surpassed my expectations. The quality, fit, and finish were all within spec. I did not see any noticeable panel gaps; there were a few minor cosmetic issues which are set forth:

3) The driver door may be misaligned but not enough for me to bother with an appointment l;

5) The front corner of the trim in passenger side looks like it might have tape still on it. I tried to pick it off but was not successful;

7) the plastic on the rear driver side seat seems to be misaligned but does not bother me; and

8) the weather strip on the front passenger door looks like it needs to be adjusted. You will see what I am talking about in the pictures.

Any potential issues with paint will be addressed when I take it next week to get wrapped. I will post a separate thread for that as well as interior updates (You May notice some alreadybinstalled in the pictures)

The only issue potential issue worth looking at but I can’t seem to capture it on camera is is on the passenger front door there are waves in the door. They are not dents but it definitely looks like it is thin metal. I am not well versed in auto body work to articulate how it looks but from the right angle, you can see waves in the metal.

View attachment 589981 View attachment 589982 View attachment 589983 View attachment 589984 View attachment 589985 View attachment 589986 View attachment 589987 View attachment 589988 View attachment 589989

Just received the text to schedule delivery appointment.
Shortly after, VIN appeared on my account, followed by the lending agreement. Picking it up nxt week!

Do I need to submit any final payments before inspecting the car for any issues?

Just received the text to schedule delivery appointment.
Shortly after, VIN appeared on my account, followed by the lending agreement. Picking it up nxt week!

Do I need to submit any final payments before inspecting the car for any issues?

no you submit the final payment when you pick up the car.....you will most likely walk around the car first and they will have the paper work in the car its a real quick process when i got my model 3 i was only at tesla for like 10 - 15 minutes signed some paperwork signed the check and i was gone.

Took Delivery yesterday 9.28

Delivery went ok. Looked over outside and inside the car for a good 30 mins or so. Found some minor issues on the car from scratch-looking residues on certain spots around the car that should easily come off. I noticed my charge port didnt look really flushed but not horrible. One of the corner panels near the right headlight were sticking a tad bit out. Driver door and front passenger doors closed fine but at some angles especially with light hitting it a certain way, u can tell that those doors are not flushed with the rear doors and both sides stick out a bit.

other than those issues. Everything else was fine. Frunk works, trunk hatch closed fine. No major panel gaps. Noticed a small smudge on one area of the headliner but no biggie. The pearl white paint looks perfect. Dont see any mismatch in color.

I did ask one of the employees, who do we address any issues to that we find. The guy just gave me a small paper with an email to contact and to include whatever issues in the email and that the service center will take care of it. I was expecting an employee would be physically there noting down issues. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

so i went ahead and sent an email to them regarding my issues and we’ll see how soon i hear back from them.

can i say tho, that the lot that they use for delivery pick up is soo small, tight and sketchy! Took me 5+ mins just to get out of the lot (only test drove a tesla once) I was so close to hitting a model x parked beside me. I was expecting the tesla employees to get my car out of that small lot. They could definitely work on customer service, especially being a “luxury” company.

Love the car so far, very fun to drive. I just hope i get those issues fixed. I guess it couldve been worse ‍♂️

Attachments

• F99A3223-FA05-483E-8C31-A14D100D9CAF.jpeg
    F99A3223-FA05-483E-8C31-A14D100D9CAF.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 98
Took Delivery yesterday 9.28

Delivery went ok. Looked over outside and inside the car for a good 30 mins or so. Found some minor issues on the car from scratch-looking residues on certain spots around the car that should easily come off. I noticed my charge port didnt look really flushed but not horrible. One of the corner panels near the right headlight were sticking a tad bit out. Driver door and front passenger doors closed fine but at some angles especially with light hitting it a certain way, u can tell that those doors are not flushed with the rear doors and both sides stick out a bit.

other than those issues. Everything else was fine. Frunk works, trunk hatch closed fine. No major panel gaps. Noticed a small smudge on one area of the headliner but no biggie. The pearl white paint looks perfect. Dont see any mismatch in color.

I did ask one of the employees, who do we address any issues to that we find. The guy just gave me a small paper with an email to contact and to include whatever issues in the email and that the service center will take care of it. I was expecting an employee would be physically there noting down issues. Unfortunately, that was not the case.

so i went ahead and sent an email to them regarding my issues and we’ll see how soon i hear back from them.

can i say tho, that the lot that they use for delivery pick up is soo small, tight and sketchy! Took me 5+ mins just to get out of the lot (only test drove a tesla once) I was so close to hitting a model x parked beside me. I was expecting the tesla employees to get my car out of that small lot. They could definitely work on customer service, especially being a “luxury” company.

Love the car so far, very fun to drive. I just hope i get those issues fixed. I guess it couldve been worse ‍♂️

Have you received any answer to your email?
Are they going to fix those issues?

Model Y delivered!

View attachment 589981 View attachment 589982 View attachment 589983 View attachment 589984 View attachment 589985 View attachment 589986 View attachment 589987 View attachment 589988 View attachment 589989

Im not sure those issues are just "minor".
Any success fixing them with service appointment?

@vegas888 i have a mobile service appointment scheduled for tomorrow. They already messaged me to say the door handles are within spec so other than the misaligned driver’s door, everything else is just cosmetic.

I cleaned the areas with the white residue myself, and I also fixed the weather strip on the passenger side. Other than the door, the only other issues are with the plastic trim around each of the wheels on the driver’s side (though it is difficult to capture with the camera as you can only see them from certain angles), the window trim, and rear diffuser.

6EB245AD-AF6E-4E4C-B3EF-68DDF4E22255.jpeg
15C3A38A-804B-4D4B-B9B4-1BE5DBEC79B0.jpeg
AA83A45C-D364-401A-BBBE-CA09756F97C6.jpeg

Have you received any answer to your email?
Are they going to fix those issues?
No response from email yet. i followed up with another message to them to see if they ever received it. no response yet either.

I went ahead an scheduled a service center appt via Tesla App for the issues i have and the earliest appt i could get was in late October. I am hoping to get a reply from the email they gave me, before then.

Reactions: vegas888