Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 19 inch wheels!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the email from Tesla notifying me:

Dear Jorge,

We are pleased to announce a complimentary update to the design of the 19" wheels on your recent Model S order. You will be among the first in the world to debut this exciting new style and your wheels will still be equipped with all-season tires.
We have updated your Model S configuration which you can view in your MyTesla account. Your delivery timeline has not been affected by this update, and your vehicle price will not change.

Although no action is required from you, should you have any questions, please contact [email protected] or call (888) 518-3752.

Best regards,
The Tesla Team
Check the order page to look at the wheels. For some reason it wont let me paste a screen shot.

Now that's a cool email to receive!

The link works, but it just leads to the My Tesla page for whoever is logged in - so my Model S appears when I click it.

Care to share the design in a photo? :biggrin:

The link works, but it just leads to the My Tesla page for whoever is logged in - so my Model S appears when I click it.

It's posted in another thread, but it's basically a turbine like the 21" turbine.

- - - Updated - - -

The email I'd like to see :)

Dear Jerry,
We are pleased to announce a complimentary upgrade to the newly designed 19" wheels on your 2013 Model S. You will be among the first in the world to debut this exciting new style.

thats what I meant... Is to go and build one and you will see the new design.

- - - Updated - - -

When did your vehicle go into production?

I pushed my delivery out to June (when my current lease ends) so it won't go in to production middle of May.

- - - Updated - - -

It's posted in another thread, but it's basically a turbine like the 21" turbine.

- - - Updated - - -

The email I'd like to see :)

right! I wish they would give us the specs if it's a better wheel to have, is it more efficient?? Why the change?!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Order your Tesla Model S | Tesla Motors

Wow!! They don't even have the old 5-spokes in the design studio anymore! My car is now a "classic"!

19Slipstream.jpg

I order just last Tuesday and it was the "classic" wheel. When I clicked on the link above it took me to my tesla page and sure enough the wheels on the picture in my tesla page switched from the classic to the new wheels. I like the new wheels:biggrin: Thanks ™

Should see them in the Tesla store soon as well.

Can't wait to take a look in the stores. Also I'm curious people who are in production now are getting these wheels. Can't wait for the pictures to start uploading on here!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, looks like Rial and TSportline might be losing a lot of potential business in the future! I predict a grey version of those Slipstream wheels in the future.

I still love my Rials...
2013-12-30072808_zpsf395c3d9.jpg

Are these the Cyclones dipped?

I got a email from my DS and he said my car finish production yesterday so I didn't get the new wheel design. He said it would be 7-10 days from now that they start putting on the new wheels. My car went into production on March 1, so it only took 5 days to build my car, is this normal. Also does anybody have any idea how long it takes to get the car to Raleigh, NC. If I had waited 2 weeks to order my car I would have gotten the 1200 credit and the new wheels, bummer.