Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2019.32.11 quirks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had 2019.32.10.1 but was upgraded to .11. First thing I did was back out and the backup screen showed black with two white lines. I tried to reset the screen but it was no help. I finally remembered to shut the whole system down for three minutes. (Remember to stay in your car if you do it.). After that the screen worked perfectly. Driving on my Texas highway (70 mph two lane roads, lol) I tried the lane split and convergence. While still not perfect, it is a lot better than 10.1. The semi complaint I have now is that the car seems to have either a time or distance setting to remind me to put my hands on the wheel. At 70 mph the car warns me every 13 seconds. At 50, it is very 17 seconds. I always keep my hand on the wheel anyway, so I guess I will learn to tweak the wheel every 10 seconds or so to stop the warnings.
Tesla you are getting there, keep up the good work. For me it is all about driving safely, I appreciate the driving getting easier and safer.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Phlier and Matsayz
The semi complaint I have now is that the car seems to have either a time or distance setting to remind me to put my hands on the wheel. At 70 mph the car warns me every 13 seconds. At 50, it is very 17 seconds. I always keep my hand on the wheel anyway, so I guess I will learn to tweak the wheel every 10 seconds or so to stop the warnings.
Tesla you are getting there, keep up the good work. For me it is all about driving safely, I appreciate the driving getting easier and safer.
From what I've seen online it appears that if you are on an actual freeway/highway - what would be classified as "limited access road" - then the nag is ~30s at speed. If you are on a "local" road, the nag is more frequent - every ~15s or so as you noticed.

I had 2019.32.10.1 but was upgraded to .11. First thing I did was back out and the backup screen showed black with two white lines. I tried to reset the screen but it was no help. I finally remembered to shut the whole system down for three minutes. (Remember to stay in your car if you do it.). After that the screen worked perfectly. Driving on my Texas highway (70 mph two lane roads, lol) I tried the lane split and convergence. While still not perfect, it is a lot better than 10.1. The semi complaint I have now is that the car seems to have either a time or distance setting to remind me to put my hands on the wheel. At 70 mph the car warns me every 13 seconds. At 50, it is very 17 seconds. I always keep my hand on the wheel anyway, so I guess I will learn to tweak the wheel every 10 seconds or so to stop the warnings.
A couple of issues with my Model S this morning on 32.11:

- For some reason the PIN to drive didn’t ask for PIN. I checked the settings and it was activated. But I put the car to drive and it never asked for PIN.
- Easy Entry didn’t show my profile when it adjusted my seat, and when it was done, it displayed “Saved” before driving and after park. It seems the car thinks that I’m adjusting the seats manually and saving it to my profile. Pretty strange.
- On Model S, I can adjust the sunroof using the scroll wheel in the steering wheel. Scrolling it will move the sunroof. The strange thing is that now scrolling it to 100% or 0% only moves the sunroof partially. So if I scroll to close to 0%, the sunroof closes about half way and it stops. Then the indicator jumps from 0% to 46% or whatever. Then I have to scroll down again to 0% and it closed a bit more and not all the way. 3rd time was successful.

So this just happened:

upload_2019-10-3_18-55-0.png

Haven't had a chance to check the release notes yet, but I imagine they haven't changes since it's just a point release.

edit: could have sworn I looked for threads mentioning this version before posting, and suddenly there they are. I'll see myself out..

Last edited: