Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model 3LR E5LD variant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to drop everyone a line as I am now the proud owner of a white Model 3LR with black interior and aero wheels. I placed my order direct with Tesla on 16 November and collected the car at the end of December, so was matched quite quickly. There's a few things of note for anyone who is interested.

The car arrived in the UK on 12 December and has been described as the most latest variant. I appreciate these continually evolve so that won't last for long. I just received my V5 and its a E5LD variant and I believe this means I have the larger LG battery, full charge shows 350 miles on the app.

I didn't ask about the additional features for 2022 but can confirm I don't have double glazed rear windows or the new AMD Razen chip. Having checked my VIN I have the dual motors with hairpin winding which I believe are the most efficient for the LR to date? I haven't checked in any further detail but interestingly I have no option to purchase acceleration boost. What I would say is this car is FAST and feels even quicker than the LR I test drove in November. I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say its doing 0-60 very close for 4 seconds.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me? I have done a lot of reading on the forum but there are a few things I haven't been able to find.

1) How can I keep the car running with Netflix etc for the wife and kids if I need to nip into a shop. I have phone key enabled and whenever I leave the car everything shuts down. Is there any way to change this?

2) Sentry mode still activates at my home address, even though I have selected for it not to be switched on at my home address. I do live in a new build which still shows as a field on Google Maps, could that be what is causing the car to no recognise this as my address?

3) I seem to have missed out on Supercharge referral miles (even though we have no superchargers in N.Ireland) and only have one months access to premium connectivity. Does anyone know if Tesla will change this policy going forward as I see people have 12 months premium connectivity. Im not so concerned about the supercharging miles as we don't have any and I have a home change installed.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Premium connectivity will be subscription for you. I heard a rumour that they may bring out an annual subscription that is slightly cheaper.

Each to their own but I don't bother with it. I don't leave people in the car for long and when supercharging I just use my iphone. In the car I listen to DAB or a USB stick of music. You can tether the car to a moibile phone via a wireless hotspot and use an existing dataplan. But as init6 has hinted at, search the forums and maybe read the manuals and build on existing threads.

You may feel differently but I barely spend £10 a month on electricity so £10 on something I hardly use just feel disproportionate.

Just wanted to drop everyone a line as I am now the proud owner of a white Model 3LR with black interior and aero wheels. I placed my order direct with Tesla on 16 November and collected the car at the end of December, so was matched quite quickly. There's a few things of note for anyone who is interested.

The car arrived in the UK on 12 December and has been described as the most latest variant. I appreciate these continually evolve so that won't last for long. I just received my V5 and its a E5LD variant and I believe this means I have the larger LG battery, full charge shows 350 miles on the app.

I didn't ask about the additional features for 2022 but can confirm I don't have double glazed rear windows or the new AMD Razen chip. Having checked my VIN I have the dual motors with hairpin winding which I believe are the most efficient for the LR to date? I haven't checked in any further detail but interestingly I have no option to purchase acceleration boost. What I would say is this car is FAST and feels even quicker than the LR I test drove in November. I'm going to stick my neck on the line and say its doing 0-60 very close for 4 seconds.

I have a couple of questions if anyone can help me? I have done a lot of reading on the forum but there are a few things I haven't been able to find.

1) How can I keep the car running with Netflix etc for the wife and kids if I need to nip into a shop. I have phone key enabled and whenever I leave the car everything shuts down. Is there any way to change this?

2) Sentry mode still activates at my home address, even though I have selected for it not to be switched on at my home address. I do live in a new build which still shows as a field on Google Maps, could that be what is causing the car to no recognise this as my address?

3) I seem to have missed out on Supercharge referral miles (even though we have no superchargers in N.Ireland) and only have one months access to premium connectivity. Does anyone know if Tesla will change this policy going forward as I see people have 12 months premium connectivity. Im not so concerned about the supercharging miles as we don't have any and I have a home change installed.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Pretty sure that’s no different max miles to any other older m3LR.

Mine says 340 at max charge but isn’t new.