Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2021 Model S Unveiled January 27, 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They essentially stopped taking orders by significantly extending the expected delivery times out several months.

My point is that most Woke people could see that something different was coming down the pike.

They've royally screwed purchasers in the UK. There's always a long lead time, so 3 months or so is nothing unusual. To now pull the plug with a revised delivery of 2022 is treating customers with contempt.

I see a lot of people going on and on and on about the FRND situation.

Have any of you given thought to the following.....

What if....now stay with me here....IT'S AN OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!? As in, you can disable that automatic FRND feature in the menu system. I mean...we have about a million other software options in the car.

So if you don't like the automated system, disable it! also, quit crying about it.

This is my view too. It is insane (or ludicrous) for them to force everyone to use the "guess which way" system without a setting to choose whether to use it or to select gears on the screen the normal way instead. If there was no normal option and the car wrecked itself by making the wrong choice, then there would be a huge lawsuit (no, a huge class-action lawsuit) that would make it financially compelling for Tesla to provide the option, so that if you chose the "guess which way" option and it failed, they could blame you.

Wow that's crazy. Practically an invitation to start cross-shopping the new EV's coming out in the next few months.

Though if you want to be both cynical and hopeful - if the new S doesn't sell too well in the states, perhaps they'll slow the assembly line and send some right-hand-drive yoke-mobiles your way.

I took a gamble and replaced my '17 S75D in Sept - with a new S LR. Very glad I did but feel for the guys who've ordered only now to be badly let down.

Reactions: msm859
They've royally screwed purchasers in the UK. There's always a long lead time, so 3 months or so is nothing unusual. To now pull the plug with a revised delivery of 2022 is treating customers with contempt.
In fact, that was what I realized too. Checking delivery times, estimates, and cars on transport or in stock, back in December, for all the markets in Europe. Checked UK out of interest, and thought: as RHD cars are normally to be produced later, that could well mean a really long delay, should a car not get delivered in Dec.
Too bad to wait so long.

Here's a very dumb business decision:
- Build lots of $70k cars (A)
- Reveal a highly-anticipated upgraded version (B)
- Ask people that ordered the now outdated version (A) for the $70k

I think a significant number of those people ordering (A) would balk leaving Tesla with inventory they'd probably need to discount. Sounds like a lose-lose situation so best avoid it entirely.

They made deliveries right up through the end of the year. Why do you think they didn't sell any?

Your argument makes little sense and reflects little understanding of either product marketing or manufacturing logistics. I'm out. Sorry you guys all got ****ed over by ordering vehicles in December. Tesla sucks and you should all sue, write letters, and boycott the company.

Can't wait to get my Plaid+ :D

Well... let's see... Elon's brilliant business practices have resulted in exactly zero Model S sales in the last couple of months. It sounds like they're roughly 4 to 8 weeks ago out (give or take) from another Model S sale hitting the books.

You're telling me... this company which has supposedly mastered just-in-time operations couldn't figure out how to manage this transition and keep some sales ringing the bell ?

So instead of some sales - which means some revenue - some (hopefully) happy new customers etc...

It was preferable to totally close off the spigot and piss off a good number of the folks with pending orders.

Yes - true Business 101 mastery.
Tesla Model S and Model X sales are spiking, but some buyers are not happy about pricing - Electrek

• Informative
Reactions: COS Blue
This is clearly a “bait and switch” tactic in direct violation of the Consumer Fraud and Deceptive Business Practices Act.

bait and switch

Tesla should do the right thing here. We can’t be talking about more than $1M in lost revenue by matching the price. And clearly the people who put down a $100 deposit for a rumored refresh are Tesla super-fans. Is that really the audience Tesla wants to fraudulently deceive? Seems ripe for a plaintiffs litigation firm to profit from.

When did doing the right thing become so hard for Tesla?