Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2024 model y 1st tesla owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to say 👋 being Older than dirt at 74 I am really being challenged by this Great Marvel of a car I hope when I ask a few questions I don't get flamed lol and so far as i have searched the forum I have found some answers so ty all
Although I'm much older than you are, at 79, I am now on one of my sequence of driving every Tesla model since a 2012 Model S, and now a week into my new Model Y. There really are not silly questions, especially with unfamiliar levels of automation as well as controls that are entirely menu-driven. I still refer to the manual quite often for the first days of a new Tesla.

Ty for your kind advice! As the fsd is intimidating as my wife won't let me use it when she is in car yet lol but I have used it with success only question i have is how do I gradually speed it up when in fsd so as not to be so jerky hope I ask that correctly ty

^^^
I'm older than all of you and the wife complains when I accelerate from a stop light. It feels like I'm sitting in a Jet Blue taking off.
Perhaps someone can tell me what the little circle that comes and goes next to the D on the screen?. It is where the snowflake sometimes appears. The manual is not clear to us eighty somethings.

Reactions: TDS24 and Msicario
Just want to say 👋 being Older than dirt at 74 I am really being challenged by this Great Marvel of a car I hope when I ask a few questions I don't get flamed lol and so far as i have searched the forum I have found some answers so ty all
Thanks for the old age thread; I’m 73 years young and come from the Performance Auto Parts business; Had so many Hot Rods in the past; But came a point in time (7 years ago) when my wife convinced me it was time to move on.. after a few years I couldn’t get it out of my system and purchased a 2022 MYP and the rest is history 😂🤣 Happy days are here again 👍🏻

Reactions: TDS24
Thanks for the old age thread; I’m 73 years young and come from the Performance Auto Parts business; Had so many Hot Rods in the past; But came a point in time (7 years ago) when my wife convinced me it was time to move on.. after a few years I couldn’t get it out of my system and purchased a 2022 MYP and the rest is history 😂🤣 Happy days are here again 👍🏻
In high school I wanted a 32 Ford Roadster. Never got one but I'm sure that my 22 Y is so much faster?

Reactions: TDS24 and Msicario
I’m approaching the big five-O and I applaud anyone in their golden years who aim to take the leap into unfamiliar yet challenging and exciting territory. Hats off!. I can only hope to keep driving one of these machines over the decades :)

I do have a question though regarding cardiac care and all this incredible torque! My father in law is 82 and loves to come with me on errands if only to enjoy the power and rush again. But there are a few times when I hit the pedal a bit stronger that he starts to feel it in his chest and light headed for a second. I try to engage chill mode but he simply won’t have it! He’s not a cardiac patient but it does make me wonder about the effect of all this torque on the body?

I’m approaching the big five-O and I applaud anyone in their golden years who aim to take the leap into unfamiliar yet challenging and exciting territory. Hats off!. I can only hope to keep driving one of these machines over the decades :)

I do have a question though regarding cardiac care and all this incredible torque! My father in law is 82 and loves to come with me on errands if only to enjoy the power and rush again. But there are a few times when I hit the pedal a bit stronger that he starts to feel it in his chest and light headed for a second. I try to engage chill mode but he simply won’t have it! He’s not a cardiac patient but it does make me wonder about the effect of all this torque on the body?